Meza Luna….

Closed Thread
Old 01-08-2015, 10:29 AM

Well said Bonnie!
Old 01-08-2015, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Mezza Luna closed? Too bad, I liked the salad pizza.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougB View Post
Seriously doubt if any posts on TOTV make or break a business.

Au contraire, honey bunny. I went to a vendor at the farmers market and they told me that someone on TOTV had mentioned what good vegetables they had and how nice their children were and they got a lot of business from those comments.

We need to realize that we can help and we can harm so we need to be sure our posts are fair and honest.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:30 PM

Yes, post your good experiences and your bad ones. That's what a forum is for. But don't imply a place is about to close because you got poor service. Or that the reason they ran out of certain things is because they haven't been paying their suppliers. Too many people read between the lines and draw conclusions that are not warranted.
In the past, I have suspected that when a new restaurant opens, competing places post phony bad reviews online to put down the new place. Just my opinion.
Old 01-08-2015, 09:42 PM
Veteran member

It is very important how the OP selects the title of the thread. It did sound like Mezzaluna was closing. I went to lunch there yesterday and the food was great, as usual.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:50 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Neighborhood Place

Went to Meza Luna tonight and had a really nice dinner. Husband enjoyed his Pasta Primavera and my Shrimp Parmagiano was delicious.
Service was good a there was a singer who was mellow and most enjoyable.
We live in Hemingway and consider Meza to be our local place where we can go at any time to enjoy a full meal or just a pizza and a glass of wine.

Do they have an off night once in awhile, of course they do, but the good nights far outnumber occasional off night.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Perhaps it is poor reading comprehension on my part but I was left with the impression that Meza Luna was closing? I guess I need to read once for the heart and again for the eyes
Old 01-09-2015, 01:20 PM
Default Great Birthday Dinner

When asked were I would like to go for my birthday dinner, some place Italian was my first pick. My favorite dish is veal parmigiana. It has always been excellent at Mezza Luna. After reading the past couple posts I was hesitant on going but I had never had a bad meal so went there for dinner. Once again it was the best veal around. My friend had a calamari appetizer and spaghetti and meat balls are really enjoyed them both. The server was attentive and polite. They gave me a chocolate molten cake free for my birthday and were even fairly good at the happy birthday song. So maybe they were really having a shipping issue. My friend wants to go back and said it was the best place I have taken him to in the villages. Anyone can have a bad day.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:19 PM

I think this horse has been beat to death. I hate, I love, out of business, in business, change the title, good day-bad day, etc. What else can anyone say. I have never been there and all these pages have just made me feel that if I am ever near Mezza Luna and I am hungry, I may stop in or I might not. It seems that in six or seven pages everything has been said.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:30 PM

This was the same scene as Havanna before it became Hemingways which I feel is the best restaurant in the Village. The only way a restaurant is out of everything is because they did not pay their food vender. Heminways the BEST.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:35 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboursales View Post
This was the same scene as Havanna before it became Hemingways which I feel is the best restaurant in the Village. The only way a restaurant is out of everything is because they did not pay their food vender. Heminways the BEST.
This is definitely not a true statement !
Old 01-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
I think this horse has been beat to death. I hate, I love, out of business, in business, change the title, good day-bad day, etc. What else can anyone say. I have never been there and all these pages have just made me feel that if I am ever near Mezza Luna and I am hungry, I may stop in or I might not. It seems that in six or seven pages everything has been said.
You may be on to something....maybe a maximum number of posts per thread....you pick the number!!...no, never mind, we will have 10 pages of posts arguing over the number....
Old 01-10-2015, 12:17 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jboursales View Post
Stale croissant tea sandwiches and really bad paella does not get my vote for the best restaurant anywhere.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-10-2015, 12:22 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalen View Post
Went to Meza Luna tonight and had a really nice dinner. Husband enjoyed his Pasta Primavera and my Shrimp Parmagiano was delicious.
Service was good a there was a singer who was mellow and most enjoyable.
We live in Hemingway and consider Meza to be our local place where we can go at any time to enjoy a full meal or just a pizza and a glass of wine.

Do they have an off night once in awhile, of course they do, but the good nights far outnumber occasional off night.
I have been here for 8 years and have complaints and praises for most of the restaurants here in TV. I find that Meza Luna has been consistently good. Of all the restaurants it is in my top 5.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-10-2015, 12:29 AM

We really like Mezza Luna. Great pizza too!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.