Meza Luna….

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2015, 08:52 PM
Eternal Member

Went to Mezza Luna tonight . Had a few drinks and pizza. Their pizza is very good and we enjoyed it. Got talking with the people next to us. He got the stromboli and she got the pasta primavera. They both enjoyed their meals.
I must say, the place was packed !! We were there from 6:00 - 8:00 and it was packed the whole time. No wait, but almost every seat was taken the whole time. Very nice to see.
There was a guy playing a keyboard. Very nice background music, of course, while the bar was watching football whooping and hollering for the Pats vs the Ravens !! LOL
Andy, our bartender, always takes good care of everyone !!
Old 01-11-2015, 08:20 AM
Gold member

I sometimes question some posters agenda on this site. Have they really experienced what they claim? I frequent Meza Luna,some afternoons and a few evenings for dinner. Is it always perfect? No. But it is a very good place for lunch and dinner and for some to say otherwise is a mystery to me. Maybe they have relatives that own another place?
Old 01-11-2015, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
I sometimes question some posters agenda on this site. Have they really experienced what they claim? I frequent Meza Luna,some afternoons and a few evenings for dinner. Is it always perfect? No. But it is a very good place for lunch and dinner and for some to say otherwise is a mystery to me. Maybe they have relatives that own another place?

I agree.
Old 01-11-2015, 08:47 AM
Eternal Member

Some people say I have an agenda.
I have no agendas and have no relatives that work in any restaurants in the Villages.
I never say anywhere is always perfect.
We do really like Mezza Luna's pizza. They have a good sauce.
I don't like every restaurant here and some I have never been to.
Actually, we like to eat out and go most of the time where we like the bartenders.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:41 PM
Veteran member

I really enjoy their Chicken Parmesan. The sauce is wonderful and the meat is pounded and tender. Also their Penne Ariabata is good. My girlfriends and I go there often and I also go with my BF. Always a good meal
Old 01-14-2015, 11:42 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Some people say I have an agenda.
I have no agendas and have no relatives that work in any restaurants in the Villages.
I never say anywhere is always perfect.
We do really like Mezza Luna's pizza. They have a good sauce.
I don't like every restaurant here and some I have never been to.
Actually, we like to eat out and go most of the time where we like the bartenders.
Oh Bonnie, you have an agenda, to have fun!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 01-15-2015, 12:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Yes, post your good experiences and your bad ones. That's what a forum is for. But don't imply a place is about to close because you got poor service. Or that the reason they ran out of certain things is because they haven't been paying their suppliers. Too many people read between the lines and draw conclusions that are not warranted.
In the past, I have suspected that when a new restaurant opens, competing places post phony bad reviews online to put down the new place. Just my opinion.
You are always a breath of fresh air!
Old 01-15-2015, 03:20 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynet View Post
You are so right! There are lots of restaurants in TV, and no one will love everything about every one of them. If your experience has been horrible, did you speak with a manager? If so, what was the outcome? Did you give the place another chance?

Too many "It was terrible and I'll never go back" posts about all types of restaurants. If they stink, they won't last long. It's a personal taste thing (except for crummy service, which can and does happen).
Old 01-15-2015, 03:22 PM
Veteran member

Just as those that like and support this place the ones that have a bad experience have the right to post it. The OP sounds they did every thing to find a solution by talking to the manager. Nothing was resolved and they will not be returning. One never steps in front of a bus the second time around.
Old 01-15-2015, 07:16 PM

Mezza Luna is a really good spot. New manager, good food and friendly staff. Love their pizza and eggplant parm. Veal parm is terrific. Linguini and clams good too. Give it a try for lunch, at the least!
Old 01-15-2015, 08:18 PM

We found the food quality very average, overpriced and service terrible. We stopped going there when they charged us to share our meal.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:27 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnlegran View Post
We found the food quality very average, overpriced and service terrible. We stopped going there when they charged us to share our meal.
We have shared a meal and didn't get charged. We just ordered a meal and we both sat and ate it. We didn't ask for separate plates or anything. Just an extra fork. It was no problem.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:37 PM
Gold member

had a very good meatball grinder today for lunch. Good servive from Andrew.
Old 01-20-2015, 08:47 PM

Had a decent experience there tonight. It was as our first time. Wings were delicious, as was my salad. Busy but not packed. Although we had a good experience, I have no doubt that the OP probably had a rough time there and we should respect their opinion.

I do think it is a little odd though, that some immediately think running out of certain food items means that they haven't paid their bill. It could just be a matter of late delivery, forgot to order or just a lot of people ordering the same thing at the same time!
Old 01-20-2015, 09:53 PM
Default Mezzaluna

I am sorry you had a bad experience. My husband and I average eating here every week and a half. We have had excellent service each time and the food has been wonderful. Tonight we went and I had a pizza and my husband had chicken and shrimp primavera. They were both excellent. I for one am so glad the restaurant is here and it is a keeper for us.

Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.