Mezza Luna 2019 Experiences

Closed Thread
Old 09-21-2019, 09:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts
Default Mezza Luna 2019 Experiences

I searched for Mezza Luna and came across a few threads from 2015. Most of the comments and reviews of this restaurant were absolutely awful.

A couple of days ago, hubby and I went to dinner with friends at Mezza Luna at Colony Plaza with a great recommendation from our friends. The restaurant was quite empty at 6:00 pm and that was sad to see. Even with an empty restaurant, they had a fellow playing guitar and singing.

Service was good from an apparently inexperienced server. She tried very hard to please and was very congenial. The food was great for all four of us. To start with, the garlic rolls were some of the best I've had in an Italian restaurant. The best way I can describe them is light and delectable with plenty of garlic flavor with a hint of olive oil.

My meal was Eggplant Parmesan. I finally have found a restaurant that prepares Eggplant Parmesan properly.....eggplant 1/2" slices which are breaded and fried then layered with Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese and topped with Mozzarella cheese. The tomato sauce looked sort of plain but tasted quite good. When I say "plain", I'm referring to no visible oregano or basil which is easily seen in my home made tomato sauce. (I'm Italian). Rather than pasta, I substituted with grilled veggies. They were absolutely delicious. The veggies were all fresh onions, mushrooms, zucchini, carrots and broccoli.

I've had better Cannoli elsewhere but the coffee was delicious.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:36 AM

Mezza Luna is our favorite Italian restaurant in TV!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2019, 07:46 AM

When we're in town Meza Luna is one of our go to restaurants. It has always been very, very good. Its great for lunch and dinner. Ample seating, pleasant atmosphere, good entertainment and service. Their chef knows how to execute wonderful recipes and presents them nicely.
Old 09-22-2019, 06:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

I imagine this restaurant has made great strides of improvement since 2015. Hoping for more comments.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I think it was 2 years ago when the wife and I ate there during one of our visits to TV. There was a very large party there of about 20 - 25 people who seemed to be having a great time. Our order was taken quickly and delivered as ordered with very good service from the server. The meal was good and we had a nice experience. We have not gone there since we moved here but it is on our list. I hope the food and services hasn't dropped in quality.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:23 PM
Sage

We haven't been to Mezza Luna in about 5 years. We had read many bad reviews on this forum.

We went there tonight in a party of 6. All were very pleased with their meals, the service and the cost. We will definitely return.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:02 AM
Veteran member

I am so glad to see positive comments about Mezza Luna. The problems years ago were not about the food as much as the service. Glad to hear it's good again. We will certainly go back. I always liked their food and you are right, the eggplant was great.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We eat there several times a month and the food is always very good.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, parmesan, eggplant, luna, mezza

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.