Mezza Luna

Closed Thread
Old 05-25-2017, 10:27 AM
Default Mezza Luna

Tried Mezza Luna Restaurant for the first time last weekend. Wanted to go to Chefs of Napoli or Giaovanni's since I know how good they are.
But wife wanted to try this place. Very disappointed. Food was mediocre at best. We normally love left overs to take home and enjoy the next day.
We took them home and threw them out the next day. Cannot compare to the two above mentioned restaurants. Best thing about Mezza Luna was the entertainment. Nothing else.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:25 AM
Sage

Mezza Luna IMHO, is mediocre @ best, most of the time its barely passable based on the 3 times we went there-We were embarrassed to say this was an Italian restaurant--Had guests who had strict time constraints & we had to accommodate them-I'm amazed this place is still open
Old 05-25-2017, 02:10 PM

Unfortunately, your post offers no information except your subjective opinion. Others, no doubt , may have a different subjective opinion! I, for example, prefer Mezza Luna's arrabiatta sauce over any other, here in The Villages. Does that make it a better sauce? Only for me! Now if you have specific complaints about food temperature, pace of service, etc., that is something I would be interested in reading!
Old 05-25-2017, 02:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Old 05-25-2017, 02:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8xwb View Post
Unfortunately, your post offers no information except your subjective opinion. Others, no doubt , may have a different subjective opinion! I, for example, prefer Mezza Luna's arrabiatta sauce over any other, here in The Villages. Does that make it a better sauce? Only for me! Now if you have specific complaints about food temperature, pace of service, etc., that is something I would be interested in reading!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Well, we had a specific complaint. The chicken and veal dishes were tough. Very tough. All three times. Our friends had ravioli and lasagne (items I could make at home easily), and it looked better than what we had, although we didn't beg them for a taste.

So I think they do better with the southern Italian dishes. The service was great. We haven't been back because of the food. I judge an Italian restaurant by the dishes I don't want to prepare at home, and this place didn't measure up. We gave it a good try to be sure it just wasn't a fluke.

I don't care for entertainment while my husband and I and maybe friends are trying to have a nice dinner out with quiet conversation, but that's just us and is not a slam on the restaurant. Just another reason we probably wouldn't go back.
Old 05-25-2017, 04:13 PM
Sage

Its a restaurant not a nite club, in hey day of NYC, night life you eat at real restaurants--then you went to the Copa,Latin Quarter for their shows & drinks
Old 05-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Its a restaurant not a nite club, in hey day of NYC, night life you eat at real restaurants--then you went to the Copa,Latin Quarter for their shows & drinks
Ahh, the old days....

Tags
luna, mezza, day, wanted, home

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.