Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 10:37 AM
Eternal Member
Thumbs up Mezza Luna - Dinner Last Night

Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 AM
Platinum member

Thanks, Bonny!
Looking forward to giving it a visit!!!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:32 AM
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Mezza Luna will be opening soon. When they firm up an opening date, I'll try to remember to post it.
We went last night with friends for dinner. Right now they are doing a few nights with friends & family.
We had 6 of us and it was delicious !! We all ordered our own appetizers, soup or salad and meal.
For appetizers we had crab cake balls, stuffed mushrooms, calamari and coconut shrimp.
Then for our soup or salad choice we choose minestrone, pasta fagioli & ceasar salad.
For our meals, I had Penne Rosina (I asked for angel hair pasta instead, no problem), hubby had Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo (my favorite) others had Ravioli, Penne Arrabiata, Sirloin and a Shrimp dish.
The owners are all nice. It's very pretty inside. We looked at all the prices and they are very reasonable.
I think this will be a popular place. I love the bar and there are 5 TVs around the bar area.
Happy Hour is very good. 11:00 - 7:00. $5.00 martinis, $2.95 house wines and well drinks were either $2.25 or $2.50. I can't remember which.
Great bartenders that a lot of you will know. "Grandpa" Jeff, Fran and Darci. Not sure who else.
Is this in Brownwood or Colony? I know there are new Italian restaurants opening in both places.

Thanks!

Mary Lou
Old 10-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Eternal Member

This is in Colony where CiCi's used to be.
Old 10-25-2013, 12:38 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages

Last edited by Shirleevee; 10-25-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirleevee View Post
I had the pleasure of eating at Mezzaluna in Manalapan NJ, and if the food is as good, it will be a keeper
Lived in Manalapan but never ate there, Anxious to try it out here in the Villages.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
We look forward to good Italian food---never get enough. When is it projected to open to the public? Thanks for the "heads up" review.
Probably one day next week.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I played golf at Havana yesterday and a couple of people there who live in Sanibel said they heard it was opening next Tuesday.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:55 PM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Sounds great and I can't wait for them to open, although they will have a hard time beating the the quality of food that was served at CiCi's (only kidding).
Old 10-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Gold member
Smile

Went there today. They were open just for lunch. I guess it's a soft opening. They didn't know when they would open full time. Plenty of staff around. Unfortunately my wife and I both ordered spaghetti and meatballs. It cost only $7.95. What I liked about it other than it tasted great was the fact that the portions were just right. Usually most restaurants give you too much but this was just the right size. That's basically all we had other than my wife had a glass of wine and I had a diet soda (designated driver). The sauce is home made and was very good. I think this place will be a keeper. We did order the spaghetti with angel hair but it was angel hair but that's just a small problem. My wife usually doesn't like italian meatballs but she liked these. They were very good.

Can't wait for some other comments.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 11-01-2013, 01:50 PM
Smile Mezzaluna

Lived 5 miles from them in new jersey. If the food is as good they will always be full.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:08 PM

My sister lived in Manalapan. Her friends know the owners and they say they are wonderful restaurant owners. Can't wait to eat there.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Eternal Member

Yes, the owners are very nice. We really liked it there !
Old 11-01-2013, 04:41 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

We got food to go from Mezza Luna yesterday. I had angel hair pasta with sausage and my wife had lasagna. To be brief I'll just say this... we definitely can't wait to order from there again, but we might have trouble in deciding what we want!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.