Miller’s Ale House

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2019, 05:03 PM
Gold member
Default Miller’s Ale House

Went to the new Miller’s Ale House (1/4 mile south of Sam’s on 27/441) for an invitation only opening. Great upscale Sports Bar & Restaurant. I have been to numerous Miller’s and I am happy to see a Villages location. Open to the public on Monday 12/2. Check it out!
Old 11-29-2019, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Sounds great. When we drove by last week it didn't look like it was anywhere near ready to open. Does it have lots of vegetarian options for my wife? Too bad for her, she'll have to have a lettuce salad!
Old 11-29-2019, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,426 Times in 3,080 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Sounds great. When we drove by last week it didn't look like it was anywhere near ready to open. Does it have lots of vegetarian options for my wife? Too bad for her, she'll have to have a lettuce salad!
Not lots, but they do have vegetarian options for appetizers, entrees, sides - they have a black bean burger, beans and rice, fettuccini alfredo (which is meatless unless you pay extra for chicken), and so on. And yes they have salads of course.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:35 AM
Gold member

Just checked out their menu, looks very good
Old 12-04-2019, 11:04 PM
Platinum member

Had lunch there today. Wife and I both had the meatloaf lunch special. I thought it was great, wife thought it was a bit over done, which it was but I'll eat anything. Anyway, we ate in the bar area and was asked by both the bar tender, Brad, and the manager how things were. My wife hesitated with her answer as it wasn't that over done that it wasn't edible, but it was really dry around the edges. Anyway, they really wanted to make things right and keep her happy so they complemented us with their Capt. Jacks Buried Treasure dessert. Their food is usually great and this won't keep us from eating there again. Their Ossabuko is to die for. That's for my next trip. Noise inside was not too bad. Could actually talk without screaming and was quiet compared to the Texas Road House next door. They have 2 huge bars, one inside and another that opens up to the outside. At least 25 TV's in the bar area. Great place!
Old 12-05-2019, 04:56 AM
Default Glad their here....

Welcome Miller’s Ale House
Having enjoyed their fare at various locations around south Florida, I’m so happy they put a spot in Lady Lake. I went there around 12:30 yesterday and found a seat at the bar. The place was over 80% full but no waiting. The bartender was very friendly and as I found out, very knowledgeable. I had a16 oz yiengling draft for $4.50. That will be high for many villagers but I’m not knocking them back like I use too. The menu is very large and they offer many lunch specials at $5 - 6,95. I had a French onion soup to start.very good and took the chill out of me. Then I had the meatloaf, a very big seller and it was great. So many choices, I changed my mind a few times. The place was full with a wait by 1:00 pm but they had plenty of staff who were smiling and helpful. My past experiences have always been great and this was too. I know there will be noise complaints but how can you not have noise when it’s full of people who are talking. This is a place you will be happy to try.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:14 AM
Veteran member

What are they building behind it?
Old 12-05-2019, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
IPA house
Old 12-05-2019, 07:20 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

do they take reservations?
Old 12-05-2019, 10:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Earth Fare market.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,305 Times in 540 Posts

Thanks for the reports on the new Ale house in Lady Lake. Unfortunately it’s on the “other side of town” for us but will make the journey soon. Maybe someday we will get more restaurants along 466A or State Route 44.
Old 12-05-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We were going to Kohls, so it was a good chance to stop today. We got there early, about a 11:15 and that was good. By the time we left about 12:15 the place was packed and people were flooding into the place.

I saw a few items on the menu I would order, shrimp dinner, it said 30 shrimp but in the photo they looked bigger than popcorn, with cole slaw and fries. A Philly Cheese Steak, a French Dip Roast Beef sandwich, a Flat Iron Steak, but I settled on a hamburger. I figured I would start with the basics. In the menu they have all the burgers loaded, which I can't stand, I told Jackie M a great waitress, that I wanted just a burger with no cheese and just grilled onions. My wife who is not a big eater and always looks for chicken, took the Chicken Breast BLT, she had them to hold the bacon and hold the cheese.

She loved her chicken breast sandwich, it was a real breast not processed with the grill marks and it came on the same roll as my burger. My hamburger was the best hamburger I've ever eaten. The bun is a mixture of sesame seed and black seeds on top. The burger was so juicy, I know the grilled onions add to the flavor, but I think they added butter or something, but it was not dried out, which is many times the case. The only negative were the fries, they were nothing special. Ketchup helped them, but I just didn't find the taste all that great, next time I think I try cole slaw.

I noticed that from 3pm to 5pm Mon - Thur they have several nice offerings for $8.99, I thought with Road House next door which doesn't open until 3pm on those days, it was a good attempt at competing. The items were a 6 oz sirloin, a chopped steak, I can't remember the others, but it seemed like a good deal.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
... I settled on a hamburger.

My hamburger was the best hamburger I've ever eaten. The bun is a mixture of sesame seed and black seeds on top.

The only negative were the fries, they were nothing special.
John, what's with the black seeds? What, if anything, do they taste like?

What are the fries like? Thin, thick like steak fries, skin left on or skinless, etc?

Thanks.

kathy
Old 12-05-2019, 09:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
John, what's with the black seeds? What, if anything, do they taste like?

What are the fries like? Thin, thick like steak fries, skin left on or skinless, etc?

Thanks.

kathy
The black seeds were like poppy seeds, but they also had sesame seeds, I've never seen buns with both. The fries were the regular size, not thin, not steak fries, fries that most of these places have but when I get fries at Gators Dockside or Chilis or any of these type places they're usually good, these were not up to par. If I had my choice, I would love 5 Guys fries with vinegar. I think next time I'm paying extra and trying the onion rings. They also have sweet potato fries, but I'm not a fan.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:54 AM

We went to Ale House at about 4pm on Tuesday. It was packed with a wait line, so we grabbed a couple seats at the bar. We shared an order of Zingers, which were coated and accompanied by celery and blue cheese; I would order them without a coating next time, maybe with the sauce on the side. We also shared an order of Nachos, which were plentiful, more than we could finish. Ale House has always been a go-to place so we plan to work our way through the menu, especially meat loaf and osso bucco. News Flash: According to one employee, none of the Ale Houses are offering lobster anymore.
Closed Thread

Tags
miller’s, house, ale, numerous, happy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.