Miller’s Ale House

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM
Platinum member
Default Miller’s Ale House

I finally tried Miller’s Ale House this week.
Normally I don’t wait for a half hour but we really wanted to try it.

OMG the Hamburger was off the charts good.
And the pot stickers as an appetizer were also wonderful.

We wouldn’t hesitate to go again.

Next time will try the fajitas.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

On my only visit to Millers I ordered a hamburger, plain with just grilled onions and I have to say, it was the best hamburger I ever ate.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Is it very crowded at lunch time just like dinner?
Old 01-12-2020, 03:33 PM
Platinum member

We waited a half hour for lunch.
Was so worth it.
Old 01-12-2020, 05:02 PM
Sage

We went at 11:15 and was seated right away and could of had a seat anywhere. When we left at 12:15 there was a line at the door.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:17 AM
Sage

Looks like we'll have to try Millers after snow bird season, I have a thing about waiting online for anything--
Old 01-25-2020, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfla06 View Post
I finally tried Miller’s Ale House this week.
Normally I don’t wait for a half hour but we really wanted to try it.

OMG the Hamburger was off the charts good.
And the pot stickers as an appetizer were also wonderful.

We wouldn’t hesitate to go again.

Next time will try the fajitas
You won't be disappointed. The steak fajitas meat is the best around here.
Old 01-25-2020, 10:44 PM
Sage

I went to Miller's Ale House today (Saturday) arrived at 11:30 to try the steak fajitas. While traveling north on 441 and traffic was solid, a driver in a gold Dodge Mini-Van with Pennsylvania tags without signaling, pulled his car into the lane in front me causing me to hit my breaks to avoid running into him. It was bumper to bumper from Racetrack northbound.

When I got to Miller's he pulled into the parking before me but parked on the far side. I went up to the restaurant and there was people waiting everywhere, on the benches outside, standing inside the foyer and inside the restaurant and a woman by herself was standing in the foyer with an I-pad taking names. I was in line about 2 people back, when this same jerk in the mini-van stepped in front of the line and said, party of 3. The woman punched it in, and I said, hey, there's a line here. He didn't sorry, or excuse me, my fault, he said, oh go ahead, I said, you already gave her your info and woman just stood there and said nothing. She then took my name and said it would be about a 30 minute wait.

The place seemed like a zoo and after waiting 5 minutes and never hearing one named called, we left and went to Outback and got served right away and had a really good meal 6 oz sirloin and lobster for $16.99. I'll have to try it sometime after April.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I ate at one in Orlando. The food was OK, nothing special. I didn't have the hamburger so I can't comment.
I was however very disappointed in the beer selection which was very limited. I expected it to be an ale house and not just another sports bar like Gator's Dockside or Cody's.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-12-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Go around 7 most Villagers are in bed you'll get right in
Old 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I ate at one in Orlando. The food was OK, nothing special. I didn't have the hamburger so I can't comment.
I was however very disappointed in the beer selection which was very limited. I expected it to be an ale house and not just another sports bar like Gator's Dockside or Cody's.
Try the one here you may change your mind....Or not
Old 02-12-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I went to Miller's Ale House today (Saturday) arrived at 11:30 to try the steak fajitas. While traveling north on 441 and traffic was solid, a driver in a gold Dodge Mini-Van with Pennsylvania tags without signaling, pulled his car into the lane in front me causing me to hit my breaks to avoid running into him. It was bumper to bumper from Racetrack northbound.

When I got to Miller's he pulled into the parking before me but parked on the far side. I went up to the restaurant and there was people waiting everywhere, on the benches outside, standing inside the foyer and inside the restaurant and a woman by herself was standing in the foyer with an I-pad taking names. I was in line about 2 people back, when this same jerk in the mini-van stepped in front of the line and said, party of 3. The woman punched it in, and I said, hey, there's a line here. He didn't sorry, or excuse me, my fault, he said, oh go ahead, I said, you already gave her your info and woman just stood there and said nothing. She then took my name and said it would be about a 30 minute wait.

The place seemed like a zoo and after waiting 5 minutes and never hearing one named called, we left and went to Outback and got served right away and had a really good meal 6 oz sirloin and lobster for $16.99. I'll have to try it sometime after April.
They won't call a name the'll text you
Old 02-12-2020, 02:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
They won't call a name the'll text you
What if you don't have a smart phone? Olive Garden has crowds just as bad at lunch and dinner and almost never a wait, and if they need to make you wait, they'll give you a beeper. They didn't plan this too well. I can't imagine jotting down everyone's phone number and then texting them.
Old 02-12-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
What if you don't have a smart phone? Olive Garden has crowds just as bad at lunch and dinner and almost never a wait, and if they need to make you wait, they'll give you a beeper. They didn't plan this too well. I can't imagine jotting down everyone's phone number and then texting them.
It's part of the millennial wave
Old 02-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Sage

Tried Millie Ale House a couple of weeks ago for their steak fajita. It was the first and only time someone asked me how I wanted my steak cooked, (I like it medium rare). It was excellent and the best I've had so far. It was enough for two meals, (IMHO).

We wen their on Saturday at 2 PM and was informed we had a 39 minute wait. We went to the bar to have a drink. We were texted 28 minutes later. The placed was packed. Not a seat at the bar or anywhere else.The waitress informed that were exceptionally busy on weekends.

My father who owned a couple of restaurants said you can tell how a business is doing if the parking lot is full and they have a lot of servers. They won't be going out of business anytime soon, (IMHO).

Good selection of beers and everyone enjoyed their meal. I definitely would go back as some of their other entrees looked good.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

Tags
ale, miller’s, house, pot, stickers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.