Miller's Ale House - THE place for Steak Fajitas

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2020, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,159 Times in 1,921 Posts
Default Miller's Ale House - THE place for Steak Fajitas

I have been searching for a restaurant that serves Steak Fajitas as good as my favorite Mexican Restaurant in New Jersey. Miller's Ale House is the place to go for EXCELLENT steak fajitas.

I realized I found what I've been searching for when I saw the photo of the Steak Fajitas on the menu. I said to myself, "this must be too good to be true". I ordered the Steak Fajitas and hoped they were prepared like the photo. Yes, they were. Let me explain:

When I ordered, I was asked how I would like the steak cooked. That was the first sign that this beef will be as delicious as my favorite Mexican restaurant in NJ. I ordered the steak to be cooked medium. These are thick juicy slices of steak, not tiny skinny tiny strips of overdone steak as other restaurants serve. Miller's fajitas steak is scrumptious and pink in color. Yes, Fajita steak that is actually cooked to perfection with LOTS OF FLAVOR!!!!! Oh, my goodness. The flavor is exceptional because it is actually seasoned.....probably marinated. The steak, not only tasted great but was juicy.

OK.....now about the veggies: the peppers and onions were sauteed until they were soft.....yes I said soft. Finally, a restaurant who knows how to cook Fajita vegetables correctly.

Four flour tortillas were brought to the table in a tortilla holder, not just rolled up in aluminum foil as other restaurants do it. The accompaniments are sour cream, two shredded cheeses, tomatoes and onions and shredded lettuce. Guacamole is $.99 extra. The meal, without the Guacamole is $13.49 and worth every penny. What is also not included with the Steak Fajitas is rice and refried beans. I didn't miss them though because I was enjoying the steak so much.

The service was excellent. We arrived a the restaurant as it was opening. The restaurant was filled to capacity within 15 to 20 minutes and this was on a Sunday.

Next time I'm ordering a Margarita to go with Miller's fabulous Steak Fajitas!

Last edited by coffeebean; 01-05-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I just had lunch steak fajitas on Thursday, they have to be mighty good to beat Fiesta Grande at Colony, and only $9.90. They come out to your table still sizzling on a metal plate, almost too much to eat. I might give Miller's a try, because they did have the best hamburger I've ever eaten. Just plain with grilled onions on a nice roll.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-05-2020, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Do not think the fajitas at Colony are very good. I will try Millers.

Last edited by JSR22; 01-06-2020 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:23 PM
Sage

Fiesta Grande Steak Fajitas can not compare to Miller's Ale House for one reason........the steak. Fiesta Grande beef is small, tiny, thin slivers of beef that are over cooked. There is no pink to them at all and to be honest, the beef does not taste seasoned.

All I can say is to try Miller's Ale House Steak Fajita and you will see and taste what I mean.
Old 01-05-2020, 04:25 PM
Sage
Default Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Fiesta Grande Steak Fajitas can not compare to Miller's Ale House for one reason........the steak. Fiesta Grande beef is small, tiny, thin slivers of beef that are over cooked. There is no pink to them at all and to be honest, the beef does not taste seasoned.

All I can say is to try Miller's Ale House Steak Fajita and you will see and taste what I mean.
Exactly why I don't like Fiesta Grande! I like meat medium rare!
Old 01-05-2020, 05:34 PM
Veteran member

Do they serve salsa with them? If so, how is the salsa? In my opinion, the salsa is as important as the meat in fajitas. That is one of my complaints with Cody's. Their steak fajitas are incredible with regards to the steak used. Cooked right, and very tasty. Most of the time they don't bring out any salsa - just chopped tomatoes.
Old 01-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrvalley View Post
Do they serve salsa with them? If so, how is the salsa? In my opinion, the salsa is as important as the meat in fajitas. That is one of my complaints with Cody's. Their steak fajitas are incredible with regards to the steak used. Cooked right, and very tasty. Most of the time they don't bring out any salsa - just chopped tomatoes.
No salsa or chips. Miller's is not a Mexican restaurant although they do Steak Fajitas better than any Mexican restaurant I have tried in The Villages or near The Villages. I would expect Salsa and chips at a Mexican restaurant but not at a sports bar/restaurant such as Miller's Ale House.

Next time I go I will ask if they have salsa and chips but I have a feeling the answer will be "no".
Old 01-06-2020, 05:17 AM

No refried beans and rice - no salsa and chips.......no deal !
Old 01-06-2020, 07:29 AM

We used Miller’s Ale House in our Previous home in Boynton Beach, we went there almost every week, yes they are AWESOME, good food great prices and finally a great restaurant here in the Villages that serves real good food at reasonable prices and awesome service, this is one that I don’t mind waiting for
Old 01-06-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
I hear ya!!! That's all the bad stuff that, if put in front of me, I can't resist. I LOVE chips and salsa and even better yet, cheso. I LOVE the seasoned rice and re-fried beans (made in lard) and try just to have a small taste and not consume all of that bad stuff.

Not having the bad stuff is perfectly fine with me. I'd rather have the excellent perfectly cooked and seasoned beef that Miller's offers vs the inferior beef that is offered from other restaurants in this area. Not to mention Miller's offers peppers and onions cooked to perfection. The "sauce" on the sizzling caste which flavors the beef and veggies is bursting with flavor so I honestly don't need the rice and beans to enjoy this meal.

I wish I could enjoy all that bad stuff but I'm afraid my waistline doesn't want me to anymore. I can imagine what those refried beans have done to my arteries over the years too. Sooo happy Miller's offers a healthier and tastier version of Steak Fajitas so I can enjoy the meal without the guilt.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graspher View Post
I'm similar, I like the salsa and chips and the rice, in fact I tell them to hold the beans and just rice as well. They give you twice the rice and my wife orders #6 at Fiesta Grande and it's a soft taco and she has just rice. They have the best tasting rice, I could almost make a meal out of it. The steak strips are well done, I like steak med well to well, don't like rare or red, and the strips are perfect. I cut them up as the plate is sizzling to make them even smaller. Much easier to eat and chew when the steak pieces are small like the onions and pepper. Miller's has so many other great items, I think I'll skip the fajitas for now.
Old 01-06-2020, 09:11 AM

Great Comments. Can't wait to try Millers. If only I knew where it was!
Old 01-06-2020, 10:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by len84pa View Post
Great Comments. Can't wait to try Millers. If only I knew where it was!
Hwy 441 near Kohls, opposite side of hwy. Not in The Villages.
Old 01-06-2020, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Exactly why I don't like Fiesta Grande! I like meat medium rare!
Can you order the meat medium rare on your fajita?
Old 01-06-2020, 12:08 PM
Sage
Default Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Can you order the meat medium rare on your fajita?
I had requested medium rare twice and both times over done brown slivers.
Closed Thread

Tags
steak, fajitas, restaurant, millers, ordered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.