Monte Cristo Sandwich

Closed Thread
Old 10-25-2022, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleneGB View Post
CHEDDARS SCRATCH KITCHEN in Ocala.
Absolutely delicious!!! Cheddars knows how to make a Monte Cristo sandwich. There is also a Cheddars in Wesley Chapel.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:15 PM
Sage

I don't know how to post a photo on this website but here is a link to a photo of Cheddar's Monte Cristo..........

Access Denied

EDIT: I don't know why the link says "access denied" but the link does work.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by randykw View Post
Nancy Lopez CC - Legacy Restaurant

Brunch Menu
Saturday & Sunday 11a-3p

Monte Cristo Sandwich
Fresh ham and turkey with swiss cheese, mayo and mustard, served on grilled French toast. Topped with powdered sugar served with country potatoes
$12.99

I'm sure they will add jam/jelly.
Grilled French Toast isn't really how to make a Monte Cristo. The sandwich needs Tempura batter to be a true MC.
Old 10-25-2022, 08:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flsteve View Post
Thank you TOTV and thank you for this recommendation HeleneGB! My wife and I went to Ocala this morning and just got back. Here is the Google review I submitted:

Server: Alexis

Monte Cristo with French Fries

Nice, modern, brick-rustic interior. Inviting bar area with long marble bar and several beers on tap front and center. 3 televisions in the bar area, with both tall and standard tables available. Our server was Alexis. She proved to be cordial, attentive, and helpful. Ask for her! My wife and I both ordered the historically ubiquitous and now somewhat elusive Monte Cristo sandwich.
The food was served promptly and the comfort food presentation was a feast for the eyes, promising culinary instant gratification and fried high-calorie delight.
Both the french fries that I had and the cole slaw my wife had were tasty enough to be called much better than expected, but the real star of the show was the Monte Cristo sandwich that easily justified the 30-mile drive we made to see it's performance in person.
This sandwich featured both ham AND turkey, along with both cheddar and American cheese (not the typical Gruyère) . It was battered and fried in its entirety (not just the bread itself), sprinkled with confectioners' sugar and served along side a traditional ramekin of raspberry preserves. The preserves had a more liquid consistency that allowed you to avoid the usual knife in hand and just dip each bite of the quartered sandwiches before eating Oh my, happy happy happy!

I chose a delicious raspberry tea to drink and my wife had a water. I tipped Alexis $7 and our bill came to $36.93; very reasonable for the ridiculously satisfying feeling this lunch provided! It would be silly to miss this menu item at Chedder's! Get it while you can!
Great review!

I love their Monte Cristo but also sometimes enjoy their Chicken Pot Pie. Another winner!

Tags
monte, cristo, sandwich, intently, searching

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.