Mr P's Speakeasy Restaurant Lounge

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Smile Mr P's Speakeasy Restaurant Lounge

Has anybody tried Mr. P's Restaurant? Friends stopped there for lunch last week and enjoyed a good lunch. We decided to try for New Years Eve and were satisfied with the Lobster and Steak (could use more customers). This has been open for a couple months and is owned by a Villager. It is located on 441 in Fruitland Park in the old Captain Bells location (in front of Direct Appliance strip mall. It's different, it's unique, give it a try and tell them you heard about it on TOTV.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:54 AM
Sage

Haven't tried it, but watched the renovations going on "you gonna like it".
Old 01-02-2013, 03:26 PM
Default not going back

A lot of cars when it first opened, hardly any lately. I asked for a burger medium, it came out charcoal black on one side and medium on the other. I'm not going back. Shame though as they did A LOT of renovations to the inside from the old Capt. Bells days.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:39 PM
Veteran member

Went there for the doo wop harmony of Bobalu and Jack.They were excellent but food was just so-so.Saw two different tables sending back pizza.Fellow told me it tasted like high school cafeteria pizza.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:06 PM

I went there once and found it over-priced and not worth the trip. Maybe they will improve as time goes by.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Wife and I stopped at Mr. P's for lunch about three or four weeks ago and we enjoyed what we had, no complaints. We looked at the dinner menu and agreed we need to stop back sometime for dinner, and we still want to. When the time comes that we do stop back, we'll decided for ourselves if comments made here match what we experience. If we find that our experience is in line with the comments, that will be our last time there! I guess you can say that the bottom line for us is that we won't rely totally on the opinions of others since opinions do vary widely... and often!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-04-2013, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyguy79 View Post
Wife and I stopped at Mr. P's for lunch about three or four weeks ago and we enjoyed what we had, no complaints. We looked at the dinner menu and agreed we need to stop back sometime for dinner, and we still want to. When the time comes that we do stop back, we'll decided for ourselves if comments made here match what we experience. If we find that our experience is in line with the comments, that will be our last time there! I guess you can say that the bottom line for us is that we won't rely totally on the opinions of others since opinions do vary widely... and often!
Well said! Couldn't agree more.
Old 01-06-2013, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Went there with one of the Clubs since they can accommodate large crowd. Nothing to rave about but if you like Little Joeys, though not Italian, you'll probably feel comfortable.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:45 AM

We went with a group of about 30 last night. Had a great time. Food was good - hubby said prime rib was one of the best he every had. I had a delicious eggplant parmesan. Entertainment was really good, and fun. Pietro sings anything from oldies to country to opera - opera being one of his specialties.

Besides our group, there were only two other couples there. I sure hope people start going so they can stay open. It will probably become one of our top go to places now.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.