Mulberry Cody’s

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2021, 09:55 AM
Default Mulberry Cody’s

Looks like Ford’s backed out, now after doing some work on the place the Back Porch has backed out. Driving by yesterday noticed Villages for sale signs in the windows. Too bad we were looking forward to someone moving in. Guess the Villages rent and conditions are too much.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

They don’t seem very bothersome by the rent they pay at Blue Fin maybe there are other reasons for not going in at that spot , there are also a lot of successful long and short term business here that are thriving , i unlike many here are not privy to the high rents and choking regulations that all these businesses deal with here but I guess some manage to survive even under the crushing thumb of evil Morse family
Old 10-17-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

The food service industry is currently in peril. Skyrocketing food prices and a serious shortage of workers willing to work at wages that allow owners to make a profit. Couple that with their customers budgets being squeezed by troublesome inflation and a pandemic induced reduction in volume, and many businesses are hanging on by the skin of their teeth. Given that backdrop, it would not be advisable to open up a new restaurant during these times.
Old 10-17-2021, 10:50 AM
Sage

I’m recent months this been more then a few new ones here and more coming online yes it’s been tough time but there is plenty of disposable income here ,business for restaurants is very good most places and I’m out most nights as are many of my friends and places are crowded, legacy was packed last night
Old 10-17-2021, 02:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
They don’t seem very bothersome by the rent they pay at Blue Fin maybe there are other reasons for not going in at that spot , there are also a lot of successful long and short term business here that are thriving , i unlike many here are not privy to the high rents and choking regulations that all these businesses deal with here but I guess some manage to survive even under the crushing thumb of evil Morse family
Evil Morse family! Really. The Villages is without exception the most successful retirement community anywhere. Many many businesses have been and continue to be successful. If you’re not “privy” to the rents and regulations how is it you can legitimately call them “choking”. I have seen many businesses come and go over my 15+ years here and most that have failed were due to poor management or just a bad business plan. Some have been lost to Covid as have many others nationwide, but in my humble opinion the captive audience The Villages provides offers many unique business opportunities that command a higher rent structure than in surrounding communities. I love their “evil crushing thumb” community.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:02 PM
Sage

Did you read the op post and my reply was sarcasm , I don’t know how you could read my post and not know that
Old 10-17-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage

And I have been here longer then you with 6 different homes from spring dale to Fenny with no complaints about the Villages

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 10-17-2021 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 10-17-2021, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Maybe that’s why there lots of empty lots and building’s in villages.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
And I have been here longer then you with 6 different homes from spring dale to Fenny with no complaints about the Villages

That could be good thing or bad thing.
Old 10-17-2021, 05:06 PM
Sage

I see you didn’t get it either , I’m going to have to stop using humor or sarcasm to answer ( see op first post see my second post) or so I won’t have to go back and explain or I could just put a warning over the top to say please this is humor or sarcasm go pats

Last edited by charlieo1126@gmail.com; 10-17-2021 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Spell
Old 10-18-2021, 04:57 AM
Veteran member

First off, The villages has expanded continuously for about 30 years so of course there's got to be some empty stores until somebody comes in. But I do know personally of retailers I do know what they pay in base rent and as a percentages. Which of course is crazy for Florida but not compared to New York on any main thoroughfare in the city. However what is crazy is someone being a nut and trying to open up a restaurant which has about a 90% failure rate in the US. And what most don't understand about the villages is that for four to six months out of the year you have 50% less potential customers and that is where many places fail in their business plan and not being able to cover what's called the "nut" . Same goes for Leesburg downtown restaurants that have failed continuously for 20 plus years. And yet some do survive and provide decent service and good food, but I have never seen the trifecta of failure of inflation, lack of workers, and people not wanting to come to your place due to covid and lack of insights outside seating space. And yet the lemmings continue to go sit next to each other with the possibilities of infection and lack of masks. Yes we do go out but I've always tried to sit against the wall and away from people but as I've said elsewhere my cooking is much better than most restaurants for many things that I can do. Stay safe and be well to all
Old 10-18-2021, 05:14 AM
Platinum member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
That could be good thing or bad thing.

Like a dog going around in circles, he's still trying to find that spot to lay down in.
Old 10-18-2021, 05:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,296 Times in 557 Posts

a Medical Marijuana Dispensary could be going in !
Old 10-18-2021, 06:40 AM

Does anybody know what rents go for in the squares? And I'm sure it varies by location but what about the percentage on top of the rent? Are we talking like 1% or 10% of the gross?

As the the developer....personally, if I went to all of the trouble to build out a place like this I sure as heck wouldn't be giving away the prime retail space. It's just like housing....if you don't feel like you are getting a good deal then you are free to give your money to somebody else for a home somewhere else. It is somewhat expensive to live here.....and worth it!

Joe
Old 10-18-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Looks like Ford’s backed out, now after doing some work on the place the Back Porch has backed out. Driving by yesterday noticed Villages for sale signs in the windows. Too bad we were looking forward to someone moving in. Guess the Villages rent and conditions are too much.
With the inflation houses up here in SS are selling quick.
Three just recently in my hood. All sold in one day..... Why?
A lot of the original SS settlers are older and want to move back to family for several reasons. Inflation was not on their radar.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, backed, signs, windows, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.