Mulberry Cody’s

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2021, 07:26 AM
Default Sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
Evil Morse family! Really. The Villages is without exception the most successful retirement community anywhere. Many many businesses have been and continue to be successful. If you’re not “privy” to the rents and regulations how is it you can legitimately call them “choking”. I have seen many businesses come and go over my 15+ years here and most that have failed were due to poor management or just a bad business plan. Some have been lost to Covid as have many others nationwide, but in my humble opinion the captive audience The Villages provides offers many unique business opportunities that command a higher rent structure than in surrounding communities. I love their “evil crushing thumb” community.
Sarcasm guys! I’m a TV lover and found it humorous.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427dave View Post
Looks like Ford’s backed out, now after doing some work on the place the Back Porch has backed out. Driving by yesterday noticed Villages for sale signs in the windows. Too bad we were looking forward to someone moving in. Guess the Villages rent and conditions are too much.
Ford's did not back out - they were never in the picture. That was a rumor, confirmed by Ford's themselves.

I'm not sure that The Back Porch has backed out - the signs in the windows still say "Coming soon The Back Porch" - no for sale signs that I saw yesterday when I walked past. My understanding is that they are having issues getting contractors to finish the interior.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
They don’t seem very bothersome by the rent they pay at Blue Fin maybe there are other reasons for not going in at that spot , there are also a lot of successful long and short term business here that are thriving , i unlike many here are not privy to the high rents and choking regulations that all these businesses deal with here but I guess some manage to survive even under the crushing thumb of evil Morse family
You’re not privy to rents and “choking” regulations yet still comment on crushing thumb of Morse family?
Old 10-18-2021, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

When some posts always hammer how high the rents are and how crushing the developer is......

it is usually urban legend or hammer the developer hear say.

The rent in TV is on a par with most retail space in most shopping centers.

Every tenant is well aware of the lease costs before and after they sign their lease. The lease spells out everything expected. No crushing thumb on anybody.

When a business fails or does not renew their lease (usually 5 year increments) the excuse offered is the rent was too high....easiest to say and saves embarrassment of the real reason for the failure.
Old 10-18-2021, 08:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Looks like Ford’s backed out, now after doing some work on the place the Back Porch has backed out. Driving by yesterday noticed Villages for sale signs in the windows. Too bad we were looking forward to someone moving in. Guess the Villages rent and conditions are too much.
Those of us who live nearby are very disappointed by this news. I hope something good goes in there and soon. I have visions of stores going in instead of a restaurant and that would be impactful to our community.
Old 10-18-2021, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Maybe the persistent lack of employable people contributes to the "experienced" operator that has a standard of service they are unwilling to compromise.

To me it is unacceptable to keep hearing we are short handed or we don't have enough servers, et al.

The better establishments will not over book and or will step up and pay what it takes to maintain the expected level of product/service.

And some may decline to open a business in such an environment!?
Old 10-18-2021, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
... but I have never seen the trifecta of failure of inflation, lack of workers, and people not wanting to come to your place due to covid and lack of insights outside seating space. And yet the lemmings continue to go sit next to each other with the possibilities of infection and lack of masks.
Judge much? You have started on the slippery-slope to giving away your freedoms, enjoy the ride and don't complain about the result you achieve.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:10 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Unfortunately, the lemmings argument can be said about the people who DID get the shot. Anyone, inoculated or not can get and die of covid.
Old 10-19-2021, 07:27 AM
Veteran member

I just went past the Mulberry Cody's yesterday, and there are no "For Sale" signs up - still the "Coming Soon The Back Porch" signs in every window. It's coming folks - they are having issues with contractor availability.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolBrews View Post
I just went past the Mulberry Cody's yesterday, and there are no "For Sale" signs up - still the "Coming Soon The Back Porch" signs in every window. It's coming folks - they are having issues with contractor availability.
I believe that I saw somewhere, the the people with the Back Porch are always slated to be involved with the new Sawgrass Pavilion that is still under construction.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 10-19-2021, 11:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayco View Post
You’re not privy to rents and “choking” regulations yet still comment on crushing thumb of Morse family?
please read the op first post and then read my second post , sarcasm and humor or lost on here
Old 10-21-2021, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

Businesses especially restaurants, have to be nuts in this economy and marketplace to start anything right now this is probably the worst situation we've had since the depression high wages, high cost of raw food materials and very low supply of labor, not only that but if you want to build out a new restaurant it might take you one or two years if you can't get the right people to do it for you.
Old 11-09-2021, 09:49 AM
Default Back Porch

Quote:
Just went on The Villages Gourmet Club website and it is showing Back Porch coming soon to the Mulberry location where Cody's was located. Are they wrong or misinformed?
Old 11-09-2021, 10:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
Sarcasm guys! I’m a TV lover and found it humorous.
Yes Please bring on the humor, this world doesn't have enough.

The hell with those old goats complaining about sarcasm sitting
on their computers completely naked.
Old 11-09-2021, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I see you didn’t get it either , I’m going to have to stop using humor or sarcasm to answer ( see op first post see my second post) or so I won’t have to go back and explain or I could just put a warning over the top to say please this is humor or sarcasm go pats
No, don't change. Don't add warnings. Some of us get humor, sarcasm, double entendre, etc. (Most of the time), and we can laugh at the humor and the ones that don't get it. And if I am the one that doesn't get the gag, then you can laugh at me.
Fair enough, Charlie's?
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, backed, signs, windows, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.