Nancy Lopez (Legacy Restaurant) alive and well

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts
Default Nancy Lopez (Legacy Restaurant) alive and well

Don't believe everything you read on the internet. As many here knew, the false rumor that this restaurant was being sold was garbage. Several posters here confirmed the rumor was false by speaking with management at Lopez Legacy as well as the supposed buyers (Suliemans)

I went there the other night, spoke to manager who confirmed rumor was false, and enjoyed my favorite filet cooked to perfection. As always great service and drinks, and probably the best view in the Villages.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:37 PM

Good news then.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillyridge View Post
Good news then.

Yes indeed.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I wasted my time reading through 9 pages of that post just to read that it's not happening. (Happy to hear that). I sometimes wonder if some people post things just to "light a fire" so they can post (which we've heard over and over again) their negative opinion of restaurants in The Villages. My opinion is... if you don't like it move or travel to dine. I've heard it a million times - "there are no fine dining/good restaurants in The Villages." Tired of hearing it...
Old 01-11-2018, 05:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwoods View Post
i wasted my time reading through 9 pages of that post just to read that it's not happening. (happy to hear that). I sometimes wonder if some people post things just to "light a fire" so they can post (which we've heard over and over again) their negative opinion of restaurants in the villages. My opinion is... If you don't like it move or travel to dine. I've heard it a million times - "there are no fine dining/good restaurants in the villages." tired of hearing it...
Amen!!!
Old 01-11-2018, 06:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

The new owners have requested the employees not be told about the sale yet for obvious reasons according to a very reliable source.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:51 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I hope it is not true. But you never know in todays business world, sales are kept secret until the end.
Old 01-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The new owners have requested the employees not be told about the sale yet for obvious reasons according to a very reliable source.
You are probably being sarcastic but in case not. the problem with this theory is that numerous villagers have spoken with management, owners, supposed buyers etc and declared the rumor as garbage. I'm gonna go with the more recent info from managers and owners, and not "reliable" sources that are anonymous.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
You are probably being sarcastic but in case not. the problem with this theory is that numerous villagers have spoken with management, owners, supposed buyers etc and declared the rumor as garbage. I'm gonna go with the more recent info from managers and owners, and not "reliable" sources that are anonymous.
You are free to have your own opinion and conclusions based upon whatever information you choose to support your hypothesis. Likewise I get to go with mine. I respect your opinion.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
You are free to have your own opinion and conclusions based upon whatever information you choose to support your hypothesis. Likewise I get to go with mine. I respect your opinion.
I don't have a "hypothesis" I am going with what I heard personally from a manager at Legacy, plus numerous confirmations by various other posters here who spoke with actual people, not "reliable" anonymous sources.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Can we now put an end to this? Two sources on the other thread have stated that yes, Legacy was on the table for sale at one point in the negotiations to purchase Hemmingway's. It was subsequently taken off the table.

So, it was for sale and as of now it's not. A word from experience, restaurants are ALWAYS for sale if the price is right.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Can we now put an end to this? Two sources on the other thread have stated that yes, Legacy was on the table for sale at one point in the negotiations to purchase Hemmingway's. It was subsequently taken off the table.

So, it was for sale and as of now it's not. A word from experience, restaurants are ALWAYS for sale if the price is right.
The other thread was titled "Nancy Lopez will soon be gone" That's not just posting a rumor that it might be on the table or being sold. It is malicious in tone and not the first to imply Legacy restaurant is failing.

See "Nancy Lopez is gasping for air"

Nancy Lopez is gasping for air
Old 01-14-2018, 03:21 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Don't believe everything you read on the internet. As many here knew, the false rumor that this restaurant was being sold was garbage. Several posters here confirmed the rumor was false by speaking with management at Lopez Legacy as well as the supposed buyers (Suliemans)

I went there the other night, spoke to manager who confirmed rumor was false, and enjoyed my favorite filet cooked to perfection. As always great service and drinks, and probably the best view in the Villages.
Why would the manager confirm this “rumor”. It could be they do not know. It would be no surprise if the owners withheld this information from even the manager. Or the manager knows and is not giving correct information. If the employees don’t know, why would a manager say “yes the restaurant is being sold” to a customer? We will all just have to wait and see.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:35 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Why would the manager confirm this “rumor”. It could be they do not know. It would be no surprise if the owners withheld this information from even the manager. Or the manager knows and is not giving correct information. If the employees don’t know, why would a manager say “yes the restaurant is being sold” to a customer? We will all just have to wait and see.
You need to read all the posts in both threads. Managers have confirmed rumor is false. Managers in the owner's presence have confirmed rumor is false. Suliemans (supposed buyers) have confirmed rumor is false.

“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:26 PM

Rumors abound on this site.
Closed Thread

Tags
rumor, false, confirmed, lopez, legacy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.