Nancy Lopez (Legacy Restaurant) alive and well

Closed Thread
Old 01-14-2018, 05:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
You need to read all the posts in both threads. Managers have confirmed rumor is false. Managers in the owner's presence have confirmed rumor is false. Suliemans (supposed buyers) have confirmed rumor is false.

“A lie can travel around the world and back again while the truth is lacing up its boots.”—Mark Twain.
Don't know why one would necessarily believe that. The last thing I would do as an owner is "own" up to the fact that my business was for sale. Bad for business. The public will be the last to know.
Old 01-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Rumors abound on this site.
There are benign rumors and malicious rumors. A benign rumor example might be "I heard Trader Joes is coming" or "A new town square is coming" A malicious rumor is one that intends to destroy a company's reputation. Not too hard to distinguish the two.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Rumors that my hospital was not up for sale on a Friday, by the CEO, article in the news, and an email, from CEO to all employees.

Monday came to work our badges were taken, and new badges with new owner logo given to each employee.

Rumor is just a rumor till it becomes truth.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:03 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Don't know why one would necessarily believe that. The last thing I would do as an owner is "own" up to the fact that my business was for sale. Bad for business. The public will be the last to know.
Businesses get bought and sold all the time. Lots of restaurants in TV have changed hands, sometimes for the better, sometimes for worse. Besides, its pretty hard to sell a business unless you let people know. If you choose to believe an anonymous "reliable" source over the actual principals involved (buyers and sellers) you are free to do so. The phrasing of "Nancy Lopez will be gone, Nancy Lopez gasping for air" etc should give you a clue.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Businesses get bought and sold all the time. Lots of restaurants in TV have changed hands, sometimes for the better, sometimes for worse. Besides, its pretty hard to sell a business unless you let people know. If you choose to believe an anonymous "reliable" source over the actual principals involved (buyers and sellers) you are free to do so. The phrasing of "Nancy Lopez will be gone, Nancy Lopez gasping for air" etc should give you a clue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Rumors that my hospital was not up for sale on a Friday, by the CEO, article in the news, and an email, from CEO to all employees.

Monday came to work our badges were taken, and new badges with new owner logo given to each employee.

Rumor is just a rumor till it becomes truth.
That's what I mean. Just because some manager is standing next to an owner (how did the caller actually know it was the owner?) who says "My restaurant is not for sale," it's no proof that his restaurant is not for sale.

Time will tell.
Old 01-14-2018, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

So if people have talked to the manager and the prospective buyer and were told "no truth", (maybe it is and maybe it isn't), what's the incentive for believing a "reliable" source yet not providing the name or position of that source. Also, even if it is for sale, do we really care?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-14-2018, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So if people have talked to the manager and the prospective buyer and were told "no truth", (maybe it is and maybe it isn't), what's the incentive for believing a "reliable" source yet not providing the name or position of that source. Also, even if it is for sale, do we really care?
Just sayin' neither one is a reliable source. Nothing anyone can do about it, anyway.

I still say, time will tell.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

March 29th 2018
Old 01-15-2018, 10:44 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
People post rumors all the time, nothing wrong with that. My beef is with malicious rumors, that seek to harm a business or person. Saying "Nancy Lopez will be gone" or Nancy Lopez gasping for air" or "Fine dining will be gone" are not just rumors of a possible impending sale. Clearly an agenda at work.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Sage

Good Life-since your sign on date indicates Oct 2017, you have not witnessed the demise of many establishments in Tv as I have--Los Tapas, the original Havana, then Hemmingways, La Hacienda, the Greek Restaurant before Americanos and the Italian restaurant before Demshars

Commonality was inconsistent food, short changing gift cards, poorly stocked bars ,staff with attitudes==

Be observant and draw your own conclusions. I have stated what I had observed and heard from people in the industry,here
Old 01-15-2018, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

I was right there in the room almost next to him..............and I don't recall him using those words.
Now, where did I hear that??
Old 01-15-2018, 04:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

[QUOTE=GoodLife;1505230]The other thread was titled "Nancy Lopez will soon be gone" That's not just posting a rumor that it might be on the table or being sold. It is malicious in tone and not the first to imply Legacy restaurant is failing.

Aw, for the love of Mike, It's not malicious to talk to the buyers of Hemmingway's and get a comment on what went on in negotiations. As I said, EVERY restaurant is for sale if the price is right. Good restaurants thrive if service, food and drink, and price consistently hit the "sweet spot". Those that don't, either sell or die. I want the former and I don't care if it's Legacy or Ruby Tuesday.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:13 PM
Platinum member

[QUOTE=Aloha1;1505753]
Quote:
The other thread was titled "Nancy Lopez will soon be gone" That's not just posting a rumor that it might be on the table or being sold. It is malicious in tone and not the first to imply Legacy restaurant is failing.

Aw, for the love of Mike, It's not malicious to talk to the buyers of Hemmingway's and get a comment on what went on in negotiations. As I said, EVERY restaurant is for sale if the price is right. Good restaurants thrive if service, food and drink, and price consistently hit the "sweet spot". Those that don't, either sell or die. I want the former and I don't care if it's Legacy or Ruby Tuesday.
So the buyers of Hemingway told him "we're buying Lopez, it's the end of fine dining in TV"

LOL
Old 01-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Good Life-since your sign on date indicates Oct 2017, you have not witnessed the demise of many establishments in Tv as I have--Los Tapas, the original Havana, then Hemmingways, La Hacienda, the Greek Restaurant before Americanos and the Italian restaurant before Demshars

Commonality was inconsistent food, short changing gift cards, poorly stocked bars ,staff with attitudes==

Be observant and draw your own conclusions. I have stated what I had observed and heard from people in the industry,here
I don't want to pop your "experience bubble" but my parents and uncle bought here in the mid 90s. I Also own several properties here which I started buying in 2005. My wife had an account here at TOTV previously which I used on occasion. So don't use post count or sign up date to determine experience. Less than 1% of Villagers actually post here.

So the Suliemans (or whomever) told you they were buying Legacy at Lopez and that it would be the end of fine dining in TV?
Old 01-15-2018, 05:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
I was right there in the room almost next to him..............and I don't recall him using those words.
Now, where did I hear that??
Heh! good one!
Closed Thread

Tags
rumor, false, confirmed, lopez, legacy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.