The “new” Glenview

Closed Thread
Old 06-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Platinum member
Default The “new” Glenview

We had a group of six that went to the “new” Glenview restaurant last evening. As far as I am concerned we might as well just went to Red Sauce. Many of the menu items were the same. The food was only so-so. I had the pork ribs and the Conch Chowder from the Small Plate menu (Appetizers). The Conch Chowder was very good but the ribs were just ok. They were not BBQ. The wife had Primavera. She was not impressed. Two others had the roast beef sandwich. Both thought it was dry. It was not served with any au jus sauce. Cannot recall what the other two ordered. The menu was limited with maybe 10/12 entree option for dinner. Only one steak offered at $30!

The service was good and the drinks were cheap. $2.00 for a beer and $3.00 for a cocktail. However it was still noisy.

I will go back if someone invites us to go there, but as of right now it will not be a “destination” restaurant for me.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:26 PM
Platinum member

I am sorry that you and your group did not enjoy Glenview.

Four of us went to dinner there last week. They are still "fine tuning" the menu before adding more items. Our dinners were all very good, in fact, one guest said that his pork chops were the best he had ever had.

I am just happy that Glenview is under new management or owners or whatever. It is a beautiful place, and I look forward to going there for many years to come.

Now for Hacienda.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

We had a 100%positive dinner experience at Glenview. The food and serice were very good. The veal meatloaf and conch chowder were delicious.
Old 06-10-2019, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I plan to support it and hope it works out. Don't want to see it turned into a Rec. Center. Had a GREAT lunch after golf one day last week.
Closed Thread

Tags
menu, good, chowder, conch, ribs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.