New Irish Pub

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Where is it in Wildwood - have to admit I never went to Speckled Bean, so really have no idea where it is.
At the end of Powell, right past Brownwood. I know a few people who work in there, and they are so excited and all experienced! My wife works for TV Sales Center in Brownwood and talks all about how people flood in with nothing but the best things to say about it!!!
Old 04-17-2013, 07:53 PM

Went past it last Saturday night, and it was packed. Looked like a good time was had by all.

After a lifetime of adventures, the adventure of a lifetime.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:01 PM
Eternal Member

Several of us went after our Parrot Head meeting tonight. Good food & good drinks !!
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 PM
Veteran member
Default He was there

[quote=jrheydt;654623]From past posts there were a lot of negative comments about the manager at Cody's regarding "mistreatment" of employees. I hope he's not involved with O'Sheas.

Gotta give it a chance
Old 04-21-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USSGompers View Post
Went there about 8 months ago. Met my sister from Orlando and my niece there. Had a wonderful meal, lots of laughs and watched 3 baby alligators and their Moms (?) for awhile afterward. Had such a good time. Love being on the water like that!!!
If you went there eight months ago and it was on the water, you were at a different place...maybe O'Keefe's in Tavares.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomOB View Post
If you went there eight months ago and it was on the water, you were at a different place...maybe O'Keefe's in Tavares.
Yes, it's (Hurricanes) on the water. There's a dock right outside where you may take a cruise on the Dead River which connects Lake Harris and Lake Dora. It's my fault. I corrupted the thread!
Old 04-21-2013, 04:08 PM
Gold member
Location: Chicago, Des Moines, St Louis, Fort Wayne -TV Wannabe
Default dumb question?

I was under the impression that there was to be an Irish Restaurant actually in Brownwood square. Is O'Shea's what they were talking about or is another one coming?
Old 04-21-2013, 06:05 PM
Eternal Member

O'Sheas is the only one I know of. Never heard of another one.
Old 04-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmith View Post
I was under the impression that there was to be an Irish Restaurant actually in Brownwood square. Is O'Shea's what they were talking about or is another one coming?
Where did you get that impression?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Unhappy Not impressed

Went to O'Shea's last evening about 7:00 p.m. We were meeting another couple. When we came in, we told the hostess that we were waiting for another couple, who also had let them know we were coming. Hostess said she would seat us and let the other couple know... About 15 minutes later, we discovered that our friends had already been seated. Hostess didn't seem concerned that she never told either couple that the other was there. Service was just horrible. waitress only wanted to tell you her life's story, food took FOREVER! So obviously, if she is telling every table her life's story (we heard her...) then she wasn't too busy getting our orders or food.
Bangers and mash were only okay. For the price, i could have made enough for all of us. Only good part was that the beer was VERY cold !! if we ever go back, it will be a long time from now... maybe they are still working out the kinks after a few weeks.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:44 PM
Sage

Sounds like a pretty good place - especially if they have ice-cold beer. Do they have a Happy Hour with good prices?

I could be tempted to make the trek from North of 466 all the way down South - even though I have to get visas on my passport; have the proper shots, and go through passport control.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Platinum member

In today's Daily Sun, Evans Prairie\Bonifay ran an ad announcing expansion of their happy hour from 11-5. Since the snowbirds have flown North, there's certainly no shortage of good cold beer South of 466A.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Sounds like a pretty good place - especially if they have ice-cold beer. Do they have a Happy Hour with good prices?

I could be tempted to make the trek from North of 466 all the way down South - even though I have to get visas on my passport; have the proper shots, and go through passport control.
Just don't speed when you venture down there.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:39 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Been to the speckled bean for their catfish twice I rated the place so/so. they did have good desserts.

My neighbor did go to O'Shea's Irish Pub and was quite impressed. Soooo I want to go and get some irish beef/lamb stew and a cold one
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 PM

We went tonight. they were very busy. we got seated fast and our waitress came right over. they write there names upside down. very cute. our girl was very attractive and her smile was welcoming. she told us about the drink of the night. a white sangria. and about the new irish flights. my husband got one. he enjoyed it. next we had the Haddock fingers. we also had the Irish Stew. And the Irish pasta. it was very good. Our service was excellent. Best we have had since being in the villages. and we will be back. if you go ask for our girl. Kay. she wore glasses and was very sweet and has a beautiful smile. the whole atmosphere was enjoyable and they seen to be doing well. they hardly had room to park.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.