New Irish Pub

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 PM

We went there last night with a party of six. Everyone got something different and we all were satisfied with our choices. I think it's a nice addition to The Villages restaurants, even it's not quite within The Villages.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
...get some irish beef/lamb stew and a cold one
The Irish stew might be cold too. All my friends that ordered it, had to send it back. The kitchen is pretty slow too.

Skip
Old 04-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggyone View Post
Sounds like a pretty good place - especially if they have ice-cold beer. Do they have a Happy Hour with good prices?

I could be tempted to make the trek from North of 466 all the way down South - even though I have to get visas on my passport; have the proper shots, and go through passport control.
Split a pitcher of Yuengling Yuengling with a neighbor and it was on $6. Same for domestics, but they went the extra mile and including Y/Y. We
thoroughly enjoyed our dinner - meat loaf, chicken pot pie, reuben, and a burger! Boy was I full!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
The Irish stew might be cold too. All my friends that ordered it, had to send it back. The kitchen is pretty slow too.

Skip
First negative post.............................after 77 positive posts. They will most likely stay open!

Last edited by Bogie Shooter; 04-24-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Default Cold Stew Too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Skip
Four us went Monday night for dinner. Our first time there. It was OK but would go elsewhere if I had a choice. My stew was cold and I did not like the look of a shamrock piped in sour cream on my stew (sent back to be nuked). That said, it did taste good. One person's fired haddock was so breaded and fried really dark and hard that she took the breading off and the fries looked overcooked. The potpie looked good and my friend said it was good. Hubby said the meatloaf was passable but would not order again. Can't comment on the beer as we had other drinks. Didn't notice if the kitchen was slow but it was pretty crowded at 6:30. We were seated with a reasonable wait and the food came out in a reasonable time. The print on the menu is very small. I wear glasses and it was hard for all of us at the table to read clearly. I think lighting has a lot to do with it as the place where we sat was a bit dark. The staff was very friendly and attentive. I hope the business does well and stays around and I am glad so many others like and return to the business. Just our first impressions.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:33 AM
Gold member

Anyone know who the owners are?
Hopefully not an ex cop from the East Coast.
Some of the comments sound similar to a now closed Irish Pub in Orlando.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:38 AM
Eternal Member

His name is Wayne and Mike is the GM
Old 04-24-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdraig View Post
In our years here we have found that it is best to go to a new restaurant after they have been "broken in"..we have learned to pay no attention to "early critics". Restaurants deserve a time to stabilize operations. Remember Whiskey Creek? They never got the kitchen thing right and a LOT of their primo servers quit to go elsewhere and Whiskey Creek died a rapid death and is now Sonny's. With that said, a good stablizing period is the first 30 days. If it is going to be good, it will be so after roughly that period of time. Not my "wisdom" but from someone who owned three restaurants, all total successes.
Where in Highland, NY? We too live in Highland and have a home in Sanibel.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:08 PM

I hear that there is live Irish music tonite at 7:30 Love it. Cinco de Mayo this weekend with great Mexican food and a special Mother's Day Menu. What's there not to like.
Old 05-02-2013, 04:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithwand View Post
Anyone know who the owners are?
Hopefully not an ex cop from the East Coast.
Some of the comments sound similar to a now closed Irish Pub in Orlando.
What does that mean ??????
Old 05-02-2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
What does that mean ??????
I guess that means that someone didn't like an owner of a place in Orlando. Had a problem at my table, so I had a chance to meet the owner of O'Shea's the other night. Let me tell you, what a great guy. Really cares about the employees and the job they are doing. His name is Wayne and is from the Chicago area. Knows they are not perfect but trying to get better each day.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Sage

Love to see something other than a chain or "the usuals" making it here. Have been there, loved it, and will return.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doran View Post
The old Speckled Butter Bean is now an Irish Pub--O'Shays
Eddie drove past it today--it was open and not a parking place to be had--must be good! Any one tried it yet?

Please let every one know how it is!
Went there last night didn't like it food was cold and menu was very small couldn't read it even with glasses on...The waitress said they made mistake on them they have to change them and it was very noisey
Old 05-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Sage

Will have to put O'Shea's on my "must try list" when I get back to TV later on this month.
Old 05-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaumburger View Post
Will have to put O'Shea's on my "must try list" when I get back to TV later on this month.
Yes, you definitely have to try it. Hopefully the word will spread & we'll have another awesome place to go to for a long time !!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.