Make up your own mind.

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Default Make up your own mind.

I make up my own mind about restaurants. I have gone out with people who complain about everything. Some eat everything. Have you ever gone out with someone who puts salt on everything before even tasting anything, or someone who has a tough time cutting a piece of steak, yet eats every bit of it and says its good? Is the person swallowing the tough stuff whole? How could he be chewing it when he can't even cut it? To each his own. That's why I always say find out for yourself.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:23 PM
Platinum member

Everyone's taste buds, smellers, desires and intestinal fortitude are different. Some people find delight in new things, some are freaked out by basic everyday ingredients. Some eat anything placed in front of them and others want food the way Mom made it with no exceptions.

I am never surprised anymore at how people react to food. I had an ex who would gag without control and would have to leave at the slightest smell of fish. He never tasted even a morsel of fish in his entire life. It could be 3 tables over in a fine restaurant and he was ruined for dinner.
My daughter refused bananas as a baby and at 42 still has no intention of ever trying them.
I imagine there are a million examples out there that folks could share and I am certain we each have our personal limitations on what we ourselves will willingly eat.
So, I agree... unless they tell me the restaurant is DIRTY, I usually decide for myself, based on MY tastes. Now I'm hungry.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM
Sage

Agree
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.