Talk of The Villages

Talk of The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Italian Restaurant Coming (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-italian-restaurant-coming-75320/)

gocubsgo 04-17-2013 01:53 PM

I wonder if they are hiring?

2BNTV 04-17-2013 01:56 PM

I love pasta so I hope they have a good chef. A restaurant is only as good as the chef. It's worth a try. :smiley:

spk7951 04-17-2013 02:54 PM

Hopefully this will be a good addition to the Colony area. Like the idea of the variety versus what is already there. All we need now is a decent place for breakfast.

rubicon 04-17-2013 03:27 PM

Giovanni's is about the best Italian restaurant in the area. His place is small. I'll bet he could fill three times the space 7 days a week if he chose to do so.

rayschic 04-17-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubicon (Post 661277)
Giovanni's is about the best Italian restaurant in the area. His place is small. I'll bet he could fill three times the space 7 days a week if he chose to do so.

I talked to him once about this and he said he wouldn't want to expand. He felt that he could handle the amount of tables that he has, but any more and the service would suffer. I agree with rubicon...best Italian restaurant in the area.
I will definitely try the new Italian restaurant when it opens but I think I'll still be going to Giovanni's since I live in Santiago.

buggyone 04-17-2013 03:48 PM

The Mezza Luna is taking the spot that CiCi's Pizza was in. No doubt that whatever food is served by Mezza Luna that it will be heads and shoulders above CiCi's Pizza. That pizza was like eating cardboard with a little cheese flavoring.

SALYBOW 04-17-2013 04:32 PM

I am just estatic that someone noticed us poor little South Villagers. We are in desperate need of restaurants. I don't care about the gourmet... I just want decent food. We need a Little Joeys down here. PUUULEEZE.

marianne237 04-17-2013 05:50 PM

Got to say I'm so impressed with the info that comes out of some of these postings. Who knew (or cared) that Mezza Luna restaurants existed in so many places? And to find out what mezza luna means too.

sjdjmd 04-17-2013 07:40 PM

A new place for all of us! Yea!!

applesoffh 04-17-2013 08:15 PM

OH, I hope it's good. I really miss decent Italian-American food. IMHO, all the Italian places here are mediocre at best. Not looking for gourmet, just decent would be fine with me!