Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Italian Restaurant Coming (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-italian-restaurant-coming-75320/)

skyguy79 05-31-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALYBOW (Post 685057)
I drove past there last week and there was nothing to indicate any restaurant was coming. A rumor?

Don't think so. It's on the list of what's coming soon at this link: The Villages Commercial Property Management

champion6 05-31-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SALYBOW (Post 685057)
I drove past there last week and there was nothing to indicate any restaurant was coming. A rumor?

Not a rumor - a few weeks ago there was an article in the Daily Sun. I was also surprised to see nothing going on inside that space.

champion6 06-01-2013 04:31 PM

The Construction Update in today's Daily Sun had this: "Mezza Luna (243 Colony Blvd.): Construction drawings are being developed for this full-service Italian restaurant on Colony Plaza."

keithwand 11-01-2013 03:18 PM

Wait until Riccardis opens in Brownwood.
They had a restaurant in Baldwin Park and Winter Park.
Great pizza especially Lasagna pizza.
Other dishes were good too.

Russ_Boston 11-01-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keithwand (Post 772360)
Wait until Riccardis opens in Brownwood.
They had a restaurant in Baldwin Park and Winter Park.
Great pizza especially Lasagna pizza.
Other dishes were good too.

They also had a very good pizza place in Orlando on I-Drive. Hope it's the same when they open here.

patfla06 11-01-2013 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 661128)
That's exciting and needed. Menu items don't sound like a gourmet faire but just hope its edible. Not complaining, just an observation.

BTW, Mezza Luna is the name of the restaurant that OJ Simpson's wife visited before getting murdered, OK Kathie, that wasn't necessary!!
:mad:

The last line made me laugh!

waynet 11-01-2013 08:07 PM

went Wednesday. Had a very good meal.

Gabbi1393 11-04-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 661150)
Kathie...That is exactly what I was thinking.

Me too.

JohnFromMaine 01-24-2014 08:30 PM

Went to Mezza Luna a couple months ago and had the Bruschetta Provencale (Spelling?) appetizer and then the Chicken Marsala. The Bruschetta was really great :bowdown: but the Chicken Marsala was bland, no Marsala flavor. For years I used to make Veal or Chicken Marsala from scratch at home and it ran circles around Mezza Luna's efforts. The service was timely but spotty, if that makes any sense. :shrug: I'd rank the waiter as inattentive. The price was just a tiny bit high but not objectionably so.

Tonight I decided to give the place a second try. I again ordered the Bruschetta Provencale (Spelling?) appetizer and it was every bit as good as the last time, though I did add a very small sprinkle of salt (just to keep my blood pressure up :laugh: ). I also ordered one of their "Flats." I can't remember the full name but it was very good. :coolsmiley: It had crumbled Italian sausage, pepperoni, bacon and mozzarella on a whole wheat crust. The waiter this time was very nice and attentive. His only error was not asking if I wanted a refill on my iced tea. He never brought bread but there was plenty of starch in the Bruschetta and Flat so I have no complaint. He also happily offered to get an answer to my question about the topping on the Bruschetta.

I've twice read poor reviews of the Chicken Marsala so I won't order it again and will warn off others I go with. But, other than that, I will certainly make Mezza Luna a more regular stop. One suggestion; For dinner, get there no later than 5 p.m.. Both times I arrived at 4:45 p.m. and was seated right away. Each time by the time I left, at 5:40 or 5:50 p.m., the line was out the door.

Bill32 01-24-2014 10:31 PM

Three weeks ago I had their Marsala sauce and felt it was very good....different tastes

Mallory 01-24-2014 10:38 PM

Has Mezza Luna had a grand opening yet or are they still working out the bugs in their operation?

We've been there twice and have been well satisfied.

Nlnicholson 01-25-2014 05:48 AM

I,too, had the Chicken Marsala at Meza Luna. Nothing to rave about. Adequate. Of course that was a week after I had the Veal Marsala at The Palmer. Now that is to die for!