New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

Closed Thread
Old 05-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
I recently went there (Cane Garden) for breakfast. I brought my own coffee because theirs is not very good (like most places in TV) and I'm a total coffee snob. I politely asked for a cup of coffee just hold the coffee. In other words, I would pay for a cup of coffee but use my own. The waitress immediately got snotty with me and ran off. No cup arrived but the manager did and proceeded to tell me their policy did not allow anyone to bring coffee in. I very nicely asked if she would like me to take mine back out to my car, which I did. I then proceeded to join up with my friends and had a very pleasant albiet mediocre breakfast. Doubt that I'll return.
Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,411 Times in 5,104 Posts

I think it is an entirely appropriate policy for a restaurant to not allow outside food and drink. They are responsible for the quality, preparation, cleanliness, temperature, alcohol content, etc. for everything that is consumed in their facility. They have a license to serve the food, and they also may be subjected to lawsuits, if someone is harmed in the restaurant. I agree with the manager.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

I do something similar. When I visit my favorite breakfast place, I not only bring my own coffee, but I bring sugar from my favorite lunch place, and creamer from my favorite gas station. I then use stirrers I took from the airport Starbucks. About the only thing I use of the breakfast place is one of their napkins.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Gold member

My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.
So, could it be that Louis was "poached" from Cane by Palmer? If so, big win for Palmer.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:01 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY
Default coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I do something similar. When I visit my favorite breakfast place, I not only bring my own coffee, but I bring sugar from my favorite lunch place, and creamer from my favorite gas station. I then use stirrers I took from the airport Starbucks. About the only thing I use of the breakfast place is one of their napkins.

Old 05-08-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

Guy walks into a bar carrying a bottle of rum. The following exchange takes place with the bartender.
Guy: Good morning. I brought with me some really primo rum I’d like you to try. It’s from Cuba and has been aged for 7 years.
BT: Great. I’m happy to try it but hang on for a minute.
The bartender speeds off and returns a minute later with a bottle of rum and two shot glasses and places them in front of the guy.
Guy: May I have a tumbler with ice and coke?
BT: Argh, you aren’t seriously going to adulterate that rum by mixing it with coke are you?
Guy: Ahhh, no.
Bartender proceeds to fill one shot glass with the guy’s rum. He sips it slowly to fully measure its essence.
BT: Not bad. Now try this. On me by the way.
The bartender fills the other shot glass with his rum and hands it to the guy who proceeds to slurp it down.
Guy: Thanks. Holy smoke! That is unbelievably good rum.
BT: Glad you enjoyed it. I always have it on hand. Just ask me for it whenever you’re here.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Played golf today at Cane. Yes, there are areas that need attention, the greens were fast.
But what I noticed was all the ignorant people having lunch. Around 1 the dining room was 80% full, the bar was full. Although it was warm, outside had to be at least 75% full.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Don't these people know all the horror stories that are posted on TOTV?
Our service and food was great!
Old 05-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Played golf today at Cane. Yes, there are areas that need attention, the greens were fast.
But what I noticed was all the ignorant people having lunch. Around 1 the dining room was 80% full, the bar was full. Although it was warm, outside had to be at least 75% full.
Those people aren't a part of TOTV I guess. Hopefully they will survive.
Old 05-10-2019, 05:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
But...how was the coffee?

Old 05-10-2019, 05:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

By George I think you've got it.
Old 05-10-2019, 11:45 AM
Sage

Went to the Cane, the other night food and beverage service was as good as ever; however, after comparing their menu with other CC's noticed identical items-must have the same purveyor--but their prices are much lower than the others for the same items
Closed Thread

Tags
cane, garden, owner, owners, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.