Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2018, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

Has anyone been to the newly renovated Hacienda Hills CC, and if so would they like to give their opinion. There was a time when this was THE place to be in TV. You even had to wear a jacket to dine!

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 09-22-2018, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Hacienda Hills CC has a resort atmosphere to it. 27 holes of golf, tennis, restaurant, pool, and pool bar all laid out nicely. Even the drive up to the entrance has that country club feel. Glad it's open and will try soon.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2018, 08:58 AM
Default Brian West?????

Anyone know where Brian West, chef superior, went?

Plymouth (MA)
Lexington (MA)
Old 09-22-2018, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

This shows the main room painted a sea blue. Isn't that new???

Welcome — Hacienda Hills Bar & Grill
Old 09-22-2018, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Ate at Hacienda after golf. At 5 o'clock reservations were required, so we sat in the bar area. Service was good as was the entertainment. The decor has been updated with new flooring and tables. The layout was the same. The drinks were good pours; happy hour ends at 5. The food was average except
for the clam chowder which was really good.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2018, 11:01 PM
Gold member

Four of us had dinner on Friday after golf. Three of us had the auce fish n chips & Tuscan pasta. All of us were very satisfied..place looks great & the menu had a nice variety of choices.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker View Post
Anyone know where Brian West, chef superior, went?
Last I heard, Chef Brian was working in Orlando. I do not remember where.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:39 AM
fw102807

We went Sunday for brunch. The food was very good and the place looked great. The noise level however was awful. There is no soundproofing at all and it is big and open so the noise just echoes.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

We use to be regulars at HHCC. Then the owners of WORLD of BEER took over. Place went down the tubes IMHO. Went back tonight to try it on a slow night with no entertainment. Wasted $62. Cold fish and chips for me and a prime rib sandwich my wife took two bites of and asked for a doggie bag. Will not be back til it changes hands again. You can and should make up your own mind about the place.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:43 AM
Default Hacienda

We went to Hacienda CC this week to check out the new decor. We agree that since World of Beer took over, it hasn't been very good. The new decor was very sterile and not interesting at all. The service wasn't the best but our food was fine. The women's bathroom was very questionable. There were brown smudges around the stool of who knows what??? There were no paper towels so someone had placed a roll of toilet tissue on top of the towel dispenser with which to dry your hands. I mentioned it to the hostess but felt bad because everyone, including the manager, were very busy and obviously trying so hard.
I must say that I used to love going there because I felt like I was stepping back in time to a 1950s or 1960s Havana/Miami type country club. I loved looking out at the pool...again it felt like I was in a 1950s movie...and I loved it. It was a lot of fun. Now it is sterile and nothing special. We've been there quite a lot in the past but we will not be returning and I miss the vibe of the old Hacienda.
Old 09-25-2018, 08:57 AM
Sage

We used to be frequent flyers--loved the sunken bar aspect--too many friends have warned us that the food stinks and I mean stinks. since the new owners took over--no excuse for disgusting rest rooms, since the owner is a med professional. he's a cardiologist
Old 09-25-2018, 06:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Restaurants can be owned or invested in by anyone but only restaurant professionals should RUN a restaurant.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:26 PM
Platinum member

Went there for dinner tonight. After sitting at the bar for 15 minutes went to the host and asked if the bar was closed. No, she will be right there. 10 minutes later we received a draft beer and a glass of wine. We then attempted to order food. Wife ordered soup and salad. My first order was prime rib sandwhich,. Don't have any, I'll take the lobster roll don't have any. i settled for a flat bread, the dough they used sucked. The owner / manager should see that the bartender spends more time in the kitchen than tending bar. Since I have lived here 18 years, this is the worst

Last edited by golf2140; 09-25-2018 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf2140 View Post
Went there for dinner tonight. After sitting at the bar for 15 minutes went to the host and asked if the bar was closed. No, she will be right there. 10 minutes later we received a draft beer and a glass of wine. We then attempted to order food. Wife ordered soup and salad. My first order was prime rib sandwhich,. Don't have any, I'll take the lobster roll don't have any. i settled for a flat bread, the dough they used sucked. The owner / manager should see that the bartender spends more time in the kitchen than tending bar. Since I have lived here 18 years, this is the worst
You're lucky they didn't have your prime rib sandwich..... you would have tossed it in the trash like we did last night. We had a hard time with the barmaid also. When she was not in the kitchen she was making some kind of fancy shoots for a waiter who was downing them while working. The owner is a Doctor someone said, so I don't think he would be there. The manager is IMHO the problem with that place. I can't believe they call that a remodel. I hope they didn't pay much to have it done. New furniture ..... yes. It got so dark I couldn't see to pay my bill. Was told they can't figure out how to turn the lights on. No paper towels in men's room. No stock in coolers behind the bar. Beers kept in ice behind the bar.....nice and cold but that ice goes into drinks. They are not going to make it.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

I hope they now renovate the food. We used to go to Hacienda three times a week and before that we went to El Santiago Restaurant before it closed. That's where Chef Brian worked his magic. Sorry he left. Heard he got sick for a while. I hope he is well. He was a wonderful creative chef. My son-in-law wanted his to come to NY and work in his restaurant. Never happened.
Closed Thread

Tags
newly, hacienda, renovated, hills, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.