Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-owners-have-taken-over-cane-garden-280966/)

Bill32 03-13-2019 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jdmiata (Post 1618152)
Cane has the best food of any country club in TV. Bar is excellent too with Linda and Sandy.
Only thing it needs is some sprucing up , especially the rug.

Gone......

Bill32 03-13-2019 08:29 AM

I believe Mallory Hill CC may be the only one with the original owner....

Bobcuse 04-11-2019 06:59 AM

Cane Garden Sunday Turkey Dinner

We have always loved Cane Garden Restaurant food but last Sunday we went there for the turkey dinner and were very disappointed. The turkey looked and tasted like thick slices from a deli topped with salty gravy and mush for stuffing. Even the famous dessert was changed to ice cream with a pile of powdered sugar flavored with raspberries. Certainly completely lost its home cooked taste and appeal. Never again.

ColdNoMore 04-11-2019 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobcuse (Post 1640798)
We have always loved Cane Garden Restaurant food but last Sunday we went there for the turkey dinner and were very disappointed. The turkey looked and tasted like thick slices from a deli topped with salty gravy and mush for stuffing. Even the famous dessert was changed to ice cream with a pile of powdered sugar flavored with raspberries. Certainly completely lost its home cooked taste and appeal. Never again.

That's disappointing to hear. :(

I've usually had a good meal, even with the very occasional inept server...while dining there.

karostay 04-11-2019 07:51 AM

Hope they make Patio dining area non smoking

Doro22 04-11-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 1612218)
Why are the Morses allowing these mediocre restaurant owners to take over?

Yes. I said it. Me. Who stands up for the developer all of the time.

Yes, yes, yes...I totally agree with Gracie!

CFrance 04-11-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1611916)
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!

I agree. Especially for lunch. Breakfast isn't bad, but that's the easiest meal to make.

valuemkt 04-11-2019 05:41 PM

Shaking my head with a heavy sigh .. Loved that sunday dinner and always looked forward to the dump cake at the end

Indy-Guy 04-28-2019 04:29 PM

Sad to hear that Louis the longtime chef and recent general manager of Cane Garden is no longer employed there.

raynan 04-28-2019 05:04 PM

So much for "nothing is going to change".....
Sorry to see Louis is gone......hard worker, great chef and all around nice guy. Seems like they just used him to get through busy season.

pauld315 04-28-2019 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raynan (Post 1645765)
So much for "nothing is going to change".....
Sorry to see Louis is gone......hard worker, great chef and all around nice guy. Seems like they just used him to get through busy season.

Do you know for a fact that he is no longer there ? If he isn't there do you know the circumstances of why he is no longer there ? Maybe he took a better opportunity somewhere.

Fast Freddy 04-28-2019 10:51 PM

will clean up the interior

The bartender recently informed us the new owner plans to shut Cane down for 2 weeks in the summer to do some remodeling.
Sure hope they ditch those dark drapes which probably hold tons of dust. Needs a major upgrade to the dingy interior. Hopefully the bar will be a light color interesting granite.

600th Photo Sq 04-29-2019 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fast Freddy (Post 1645855)
The bartender recently informed us the new owner plans to shut Cane down for 2 weeks in the summer to do some remodeling.
Sure hope they ditch those dark drapes which probably hold tons of dust. Needs a major upgrade to the dingy interior. Hopefully the bar will be a light color interesting granite.

Close for 2 weeks? They need at least 2 months to sort that place out.

It has the reputation of a " Dive " we quit going their months ago.

Havana and Legacy our choice, Red Sauce a close 2nd.

dewilson58 04-29-2019 05:59 PM

"Owners".........are they really OWNERS of Cane?? Do they really own the place. I think not. Don't they manage the food facility.

My Daily Run 04-29-2019 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eweissenbach (Post 1612333)
Agree! The decline of Glenview is one of the saddest stories in TV.

I was told by the bartender Eli at Red Sauce that he was going to Glenview and that Red Sauce was taking it over...