Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-owners-have-taken-over-cane-garden-280966/)

Chi-Town 05-08-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Win1894 (Post 1647741)
I recently went there (Cane Garden) for breakfast. I brought my own coffee because theirs is not very good (like most places in TV) and I'm a total coffee snob. I politely asked for a cup of coffee just hold the coffee. In other words, I would pay for a cup of coffee but use my own. The waitress immediately got snotty with me and ran off. No cup arrived but the manager did and proceeded to tell me their policy did not allow anyone to bring coffee in. I very nicely asked if she would like me to take mine back out to my car, which I did. I then proceeded to join up with my friends and had a very pleasant albiet mediocre breakfast. Doubt that I'll return.

Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

retiredguy123 05-08-2019 11:37 AM

I think it is an entirely appropriate policy for a restaurant to not allow outside food and drink. They are responsible for the quality, preparation, cleanliness, temperature, alcohol content, etc. for everything that is consumed in their facility. They have a license to serve the food, and they also may be subjected to lawsuits, if someone is harmed in the restaurant. I agree with the manager.

photo1902 05-08-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1648261)
Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

I do something similar. When I visit my favorite breakfast place, I not only bring my own coffee, but I bring sugar from my favorite lunch place, and creamer from my favorite gas station. I then use stirrers I took from the airport Starbucks. About the only thing I use of the breakfast place is one of their napkins.

Indy-Guy 05-08-2019 01:51 PM

My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.

Aloha1 05-08-2019 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indy-Guy (Post 1648299)
My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.

So, could it be that Louis was "poached" from Cane by Palmer? If so, big win for Palmer.

valuemkt 05-08-2019 07:01 PM

coffee

Quote:

Originally Posted by photo1902 (Post 1648271)
I do something similar. When I visit my favorite breakfast place, I not only bring my own coffee, but I bring sugar from my favorite lunch place, and creamer from my favorite gas station. I then use stirrers I took from the airport Starbucks. About the only thing I use of the breakfast place is one of their napkins.

:bigbow:

:ho:

Win1894 05-08-2019 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chi-Town (Post 1648261)

Guy walks into a bar carrying a bottle of rum. The following exchange takes place with the bartender.
Guy: Good morning. I brought with me some really primo rum I’d like you to try. It’s from Cuba and has been aged for 7 years.
BT: Great. I’m happy to try it but hang on for a minute.
The bartender speeds off and returns a minute later with a bottle of rum and two shot glasses and places them in front of the guy.
Guy: May I have a tumbler with ice and coke?
BT: Argh, you aren’t seriously going to adulterate that rum by mixing it with coke are you?
Guy: Ahhh, no.
Bartender proceeds to fill one shot glass with the guy’s rum. He sips it slowly to fully measure its essence.
BT: Not bad. Now try this. On me by the way.
The bartender fills the other shot glass with his rum and hands it to the guy who proceeds to slurp it down.
Guy: Thanks. Holy smoke! That is unbelievably good rum.
BT: Glad you enjoyed it. I always have it on hand. Just ask me for it whenever you’re here.

Bogie Shooter 05-09-2019 02:45 PM

Played golf today at Cane. Yes, there are areas that need attention, the greens were fast.
But what I noticed was all the ignorant people having lunch. Around 1 the dining room was 80% full, the bar was full. Although it was warm, outside had to be at least 75% full.
Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.
Don't these people know all the horror stories that are posted on TOTV?
Our service and food was great!

Bay Kid 05-10-2019 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1648564)
Played golf today at Cane. Yes, there are areas that need attention, the greens were fast.
But what I noticed was all the ignorant people having lunch. Around 1 the dining room was 80% full, the bar was full. Although it was warm, outside had to be at least 75% full.

Those people aren't a part of TOTV I guess. Hopefully they will survive.

photo1902 05-10-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 1648564)

But...how was the coffee?

:1rotfl:

graciegirl 05-10-2019 05:58 AM

By George I think you've got it.

Chatbrat 05-10-2019 11:45 AM

Went to the Cane, the other night food and beverage service was as good as ever; however, after comparing their menu with other CC's noticed identical items-must have the same purveyor--but their prices are much lower than the others for the same items