New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

Closed Thread
Old 01-01-2019, 05:48 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Honestly, Ithink the food at Amerikanos is better than Cane. Don't worry. Hopefully, the new owners will clean up the interior. It needs a face lift.
I don't agree that the food is better at Amerikanos. My experience has been that the food at that location was better when it was Athens New York. I strongly agree about the interior at Cane. The upholstery is dirty and everything looks a little shabby, however the food continues to be the best of the "country clubs" IMHO.
Old 01-01-2019, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I wish someone would buy Glenview ...................
Agree! The decline of Glenview is one of the saddest stories in TV.
Old 01-02-2019, 03:29 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Agree! The decline of Glenview is one of the saddest stories in TV.
I totally agree.
Old 01-02-2019, 06:24 PM

Went to Cane Gardens on new years day at 2:30 service a little slow. Sides with food were very slim ( french fries only about 12 fries) a side with meat loaf only had 6 string beans. Disappointing. Did not recognize many servers
Old 01-02-2019, 10:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,932 Times in 2,702 Posts

The news is very disconcerting. In the short few years we have owned in the Villages we have watched the quality at Glenview, Lopez, and Hacienda Hills go way downhill. Cane and Palmer are the only remaining go to CC restaurants for us northern Villagers. Hope Cane does not go south under the new owners. No disrespect to Malory Hills, but I don't eat pizza, which I understand they make very well.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 PM

The interior of Cane gave me dust allergies and a sinus headache. The entire carpet needs replaced and the interior needs a Major revision.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The news is very disconcerting. In the short few years we have owned in the Villages we have watched the quality at Glenview, Lopez, and Hacienda Hills go way downhill. Cane and Palmer are the only remaining go to CC restaurants for us northern Villagers. Hope Cane does not go south under the new owners. No disrespect to Malory Hills, but I don't eat pizza, which I understand they make very well.
I think you will see a great improvement at Lopez once they get that remodel done and the CC reopened. The service and food at the pool bar are outstanding since the guys from Havana took it over.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Just back from Savannah show and dinner @ CG. No change apparent at CG at all - 2 weeks since new ownership.
1. Food=same....very good.
2. Service=same....very good.
3. Decor-same...not very good. Certainly needs updating, freshening, and deep cleaning.

But still #1 & 2 are always great. Don't touch that too heavily...but invest in #3.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:00 PM
Veteran member

The place is in need of a Complete Make-Over. Honestly, the interior is a mess, carpet, furniture, dull walls, ceiling etc.etc.

Plus the noise!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Just back from Savannah show and dinner @ CG. No change apparent at CG at all - 2 weeks since new ownership.
1. Food=same....very good.
2. Service=same....very good.
3. Decor-same...not very good. Certainly needs updating, freshening, and deep cleaning.

But still #1 & 2 are always great. Don't touch that too heavily...but invest in #3.
The new owner said he wasn't going to change anything. He also said the same when he bought Amerikanos and he hasn't. Why change a winning formula? It is funny to see all the comments about the interior needing updating though. I don't recall seeing these up until the time this new owner came in. Give them time to get their legs under them. They certainly aren't going to do it during the middle of the season.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The new owner said he wasn't going to change anything. He also said the same when he bought Amerikanos and he hasn't. Why change a winning formula? It is funny to see all the comments about the interior needing updating though. I don't recall seeing these up until the time this new owner came in. Give them time to get their legs under them. They certainly aren't going to do it during the middle of the season.
Cane Garden SEE #29
Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Cane Garden SEE #29
I guess you are consistent ! I do agree it needs to be updated but one comment does not equal the plethora I see here now that a new owner has taken over.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 PM

Cane has the best food of any country club in TV. Bar is excellent too with Linda and Sandy.
Only thing it needs is some sprucing up , especially the rug.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

I have never had a bad meal at Cane Garden. Wish I could say that about the other CC's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 07:23 AM
Veteran member

So far they have made some changes, but the food is not one of them. Still great. Yes, Louis is the General Manager. Good luck to them. I am sure it was a big price for the place.
Closed Thread

Tags
cane, garden, owner, owners, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.