New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 PM

The interior of Cane gave me dust allergies and a sinus headache. The entire carpet needs replaced and the interior needs a Major revision.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The news is very disconcerting. In the short few years we have owned in the Villages we have watched the quality at Glenview, Lopez, and Hacienda Hills go way downhill. Cane and Palmer are the only remaining go to CC restaurants for us northern Villagers. Hope Cane does not go south under the new owners. No disrespect to Malory Hills, but I don't eat pizza, which I understand they make very well.
I think you will see a great improvement at Lopez once they get that remodel done and the CC reopened. The service and food at the pool bar are outstanding since the guys from Havana took it over.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:44 PM
Veteran member

Just back from Savannah show and dinner @ CG. No change apparent at CG at all - 2 weeks since new ownership.
1. Food=same....very good.
2. Service=same....very good.
3. Decor-same...not very good. Certainly needs updating, freshening, and deep cleaning.

But still #1 & 2 are always great. Don't touch that too heavily...but invest in #3.
Old 01-03-2019, 08:00 PM

The place is in need of a Complete Make-Over. Honestly, the interior is a mess, carpet, furniture, dull walls, ceiling etc.etc.

Plus the noise!
Old 01-03-2019, 09:05 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Just back from Savannah show and dinner @ CG. No change apparent at CG at all - 2 weeks since new ownership.
1. Food=same....very good.
2. Service=same....very good.
3. Decor-same...not very good. Certainly needs updating, freshening, and deep cleaning.

But still #1 & 2 are always great. Don't touch that too heavily...but invest in #3.
The new owner said he wasn't going to change anything. He also said the same when he bought Amerikanos and he hasn't. Why change a winning formula? It is funny to see all the comments about the interior needing updating though. I don't recall seeing these up until the time this new owner came in. Give them time to get their legs under them. They certainly aren't going to do it during the middle of the season.
Old 01-03-2019, 09:28 PM
Sage

Location: Smithville (Kansas City) Mo./ Megan Villas, Sanibel TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
The new owner said he wasn't going to change anything. He also said the same when he bought Amerikanos and he hasn't. Why change a winning formula? It is funny to see all the comments about the interior needing updating though. I don't recall seeing these up until the time this new owner came in. Give them time to get their legs under them. They certainly aren't going to do it during the middle of the season.
Cane Garden SEE #29
Old 01-03-2019, 09:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Cane Garden SEE #29
I guess you are consistent ! I do agree it needs to be updated but one comment does not equal the plethora I see here now that a new owner has taken over.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:34 PM

Cane has the best food of any country club in TV. Bar is excellent too with Linda and Sandy.
Only thing it needs is some sprucing up , especially the rug.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:39 AM
Sage

I have never had a bad meal at Cane Garden. Wish I could say that about the other CC's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 07:23 AM

So far they have made some changes, but the food is not one of them. Still great. Yes, Louis is the General Manager. Good luck to them. I am sure it was a big price for the place.

Tags
cane, garden, owner, owners, feel