New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

New Owners Have Taken Over At Cane Garden

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 08:25 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Mrs. KC and I went there last week and it was the same great food, as it's always been.

FWIW, I seem to think that the complainers, along with the golf course condition complainers, have standards that are set way too high to enjoy everyday life.
For each of us, life is a journey. Where has your life taken you? Your entire life leads to the next step, the chance to define yourself by where you're headed, instead of where you stand. Today is the day you introduce yourself to your destiny.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio

Always been our favorite, I hope nothing changes.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2019, 07:16 AM

Louis the Chef-manager who was there from the beginning and made the food so good was let go 2 weeks ago. Sad day at Cane. Where have all the old employees gone?

Last edited by bilcon; 05-08-2019 at 07:17 AM. Reason: typo
Old 05-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Sage

We went to Cane Garden last night and I had the special for Tuesday night, the queen size Prime Rib.... . Asked for generous amount of horseradish sour cream sauce, got it. Nice baked potato with sour cream and butter. I indulged. It was very good. The vegetables, green beans, cabbage and zucchini was not cooked quite enough to please this old fashioned cook.

I saw THREE of the staff who had always been there and one came to hug me.

All seems well at Cane Garden. So glad to report.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
I recently went there (Cane Garden) for breakfast. I brought my own coffee because theirs is not very good (like most places in TV) and I'm a total coffee snob. I politely asked for a cup of coffee just hold the coffee. In other words, I would pay for a cup of coffee but use my own. The waitress immediately got snotty with me and ran off. No cup arrived but the manager did and proceeded to tell me their policy did not allow anyone to bring coffee in. I very nicely asked if she would like me to take mine back out to my car, which I did. I then proceeded to join up with my friends and had a very pleasant albiet mediocre breakfast. Doubt that I'll return.
For the benefit of valuemkt here is how the above situation should have been handled in a world of excellent customer service.
Manager arrives at my table with two empty coffee cups.
Manager: Good morning Mr. Jones, how are you?
Mr. Jones: Fine, thank you - another great day in The Villages
Mgr: Yes, indeed. Your waitress said you wanted an empty coffee cup, and you told her our coffee is not to your liking.
Mr. J: That’s right. It’s next to impossible to get a good cup of coffee in TV - and I offered to pay for the coffee.
Mgr.: Yes, I know and you’re right about the coffee here. May I try some of yours?
Mr. J: Sure, here you go. (Mr. J pours the mgr. a cup of coffee from his thermos)
Mgr.: Wow, that is really good coffee! Do you think you could tell us how to improve our coffee?
Mr. J: Sure, I’m positive I could give you several ideas. By the way, I’ve travelled extensively throughout the world, mainly in Indonesia, Eastern Africa, and Central and South America, sampling a wide variety of coffees and studying coffee productions methods. I’ve written about these experiences in coffee trade journals and other gourmet publications. I’ve recently completed an article on brewing excellent coffee at home. I can provide you a copy is you’d like.
Mgr.: I’d love to read it, thanks. I’m really busy right now so can we make an appointment to meet?
Mr. J: Sure. How about this afternoon at 3?
Mrg: Perfect. I’ll look forward to seeing you then to talk coffee. I see your friends have arrived - enjoy your breakfast. Oh, and here’s your coffee cup.
Mr J.: Thanks, see you at 3.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win1894 View Post
I recently went there (Cane Garden) for breakfast. I brought my own coffee because theirs is not very good (like most places in TV) and I'm a total coffee snob. I politely asked for a cup of coffee just hold the coffee. In other words, I would pay for a cup of coffee but use my own. The waitress immediately got snotty with me and ran off. No cup arrived but the manager did and proceeded to tell me their policy did not allow anyone to bring coffee in. I very nicely asked if she would like me to take mine back out to my car, which I did. I then proceeded to join up with my friends and had a very pleasant albiet mediocre breakfast. Doubt that I'll return.
Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 05-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I think it is an entirely appropriate policy for a restaurant to not allow outside food and drink. They are responsible for the quality, preparation, cleanliness, temperature, alcohol content, etc. for everything that is consumed in their facility. They have a license to serve the food, and they also may be subjected to lawsuits, if someone is harmed in the restaurant. I agree with the manager.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:55 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Let me figure this out. I go to Cane Garden and order a rum and coke from the bartender and tell him to hold the rum, because I brought a flask of 7 year old Cuban rum and I don't want to drink their rot gut. Even though I offered to pay for the drink I doubt it would go over well there or anywhere in this universe.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
I do something similar. When I visit my favorite breakfast place, I not only bring my own coffee, but I bring sugar from my favorite lunch place, and creamer from my favorite gas station. I then use stirrers I took from the airport Starbucks. About the only thing I use of the breakfast place is one of their napkins.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:46 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
My wife saw Louis working at Palmer today. Sure hope it works out for him.
So, could it be that Louis was "poached" from Cane by Palmer? If so, big win for Palmer.

Tags
cane, garden, owner, owners, feel