Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

And we will all hold our breath in anticipation of your discovery hmmmmm

Old 04-02-2021, 08:19 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We have had good at Sammy's too.
There is great Italian food and pizza all over this country, NYers jus think they know. A lot of NY pizza does not have flavor.
Did you put your flame-retardant suit on before you posted this!!!
(I agree with you)

Old 04-02-2021, 09:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

A lot of eating off the reservation. We have not yet left the bubble to eat. Still have more to try. I find in general, food in Florida is lacking compared to other parts of the country. The fact that there are no steak tips to be found anywhere is sad. We will keep trying as we have plenty of time to do that, just waiting to be able to go out to eat again.

Old 04-03-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
We have had good at Sammy's too.
There is great Italian food and pizza all over this country, NYers jus think they know. A lot of NY pizza does not have flavor.
EVERY Villager remembers their very favorite........ Mine is LaRosa's from Cincinnati. You are right once again my friend.

Old 04-03-2021, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Suleiman family owns Red Sauce. One would think Riccardi's will be similar.... or maybe not.
Different part of the family. Not the same. Red Sauce and Glenview CC owned by one side and Nancy Lopez, Havana and now Riccardi's (Prima Italian Steak House ) owned by other Suleiman, as well at Malano's Italian Restaurant in Ocala.

Old 07-12-2021, 07:32 AM
Sage

3 nights ago I dined at Pirima. I had the limoncello grouper with gnocchi. It was delicious, and the service was great. I would definitely eat at Prima again.

Old 07-12-2021, 10:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-flat View Post
I have a home in the Providence area. You are absolutely right about the "unfreakingbelievable" Italian restaurants, then there's Twin Oaks and Wright's Farm. Haven't found anything like them here.
Just ate at Wrights Farm last Thursday. Next time in the area again try Nordic Lodge, Charlestown a little pricy BUT all the Lobster, Kingcrab, Filet, Prime Rib, clams oysters half shell, peel and eat shrimp, and more. SORRY NO DOGGY BAGS. Or Brazilian Restaurant Pampas Churrascaria, Wooster Ma. Or any Greggs in the Providence area. I have found Villagers will eat anything. Remember Lum’s.

Old 07-13-2021, 09:42 AM
Veteran member

When I was younger all of my friends were Italian. They called me Elliot Ness. Many of my friends had their grandmother or grandfather from Italy living with them. The best Italian food wasn't from a restaurant, but from the dinners their mother's cooked. I always managed to be at one of my friend's house around dinner time. I remember they always ate, at least, 4 courses. One night I was so stuffed after the 3rd course, that I passed on the 4th course only to have my friend's father yell at me for disrespecting his wife's cooking.

Ahh, to have those home cooked Italian meals again.

Old 08-01-2021, 07:44 PM
Platinum member

First time at Prima’s Ital Steak House tonight. Overall, very pleasant dining experience. The food and service were both excellent. However, the consensus was Lopez and the Chop House are just a little bit better on both counts.

Tags
riccardis, family, owners, improvement, wait

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.