New restaurant at Cody vacated locations on 42.

Closed Thread
Old 06-16-2021, 06:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
There serving Villagers....anything could open there and do well as long as its cheap quality doesn't matter
Far too many restaurants (that are now closed) have tried that formula and proved it DOES NOT WORK!
Old 06-17-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Ford's Garage would be an excellent addition to Mulberry. Actually to all the Villages. It would be worth the drive.
I agree. There is nothing in this area to speak of! And, thanks for being POSITIVE!!
Old 06-17-2021, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

So, burgers and bar chain restaurant #463. It could be the best burgers on the planet, it's still another burger and bar chain. We already have 462 burger and bar restaurants.

I would still love to see an Indian restaurant. Or a Middle-eastern restaurant. Or both; one on each end of the Villages. Properly made falafels with tahini, a side of hummus, and REAL pita bread (not that crappy flatbread garbage you get around here now), with home-made pistachio halvah for dessert one week - and the next week, papadam with mango chutney, chicken in curry over saffroned basmati rice, and gulab jamun for dessert.

I could live on that stuff. And if my husband would eat it, I'd learn to make it myself and there'd always be some in the house. The hummus I can make. The rest, nope.
Old 06-17-2021, 07:57 PM

"We already have 462 burger and bar restaurants."

"We" must have at least double vision. The Villages Gourmet Club currently lists 105 restaurants. Granted it doesn't list fast food restaurants and the grab-n-go gas stations but I can't even come close to the number of 462. If Indian cuisine was that popular the demand would support a restaurant locally. I doubt that it will happen. Take a drive. If you find a place you like bring home extra and freeze for later. That is what I have to do for Thai and Korean cuisine.
Old 06-17-2021, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
"We already have 462 burger and bar restaurants."

"We" must have at least double vision. The Villages Gourmet Club currently lists 105 restaurants. Granted it doesn't list fast food restaurants and the grab-n-go gas stations but I can't even come close to the number of 462. If Indian cuisine was that popular the demand would support a restaurant locally. I doubt that it will happen. Take a drive. If you find a place you like bring home extra and freeze for later. That is what I have to do for Thai and Korean cuisine.

Hy·​per·​bo·​le | \ hī-ˈpər-bə-(ˌ)lē \
Definition of hyperbole
: extravagant exaggeration (such as "mile-high ice-cream cones")

-Tom Petty
Old 06-18-2021, 06:06 AM
Veteran member

You may notice in today's world whether it's an Italian place, steak or fish, they all have pretty much the same things with just a smattering of specialized product. Every steakhouse I go into always has fish like salmon and tilapia and or lobster on the menu. Every fish house has a few chicken dishes and steak dishes as well. Yes it's true that a place like Red lobster may have five or six fish species that you're not going to find in the Italian place and in the Italian place they're going to have quite a few pastas but it's all the same after 50 years of eating out, I ended up cooking what I like myself and I only really like to go get things that are very different than what I can normally cook. That being said Ford's garage is a unique restaurant as far as their decor. We recently stopped in on the way to Tampa also and they had a very nice outside patio. I did have a good hamburger which I don't cook at home and my wife had another dish. It's a little bit upscale from any diner food and not quite Burns prices for other things. I think they're going to be well known for their drinks as it seems quite a few people were at the Bars even at 2:00 in the afternoon and you know these villagers. I wish them success it's a good location and the last place had a terrible layout inside
Old 06-18-2021, 11:16 AM
Platinum member
Default We had one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I would still love to see an Indian restaurant. Or a Middle-eastern restaurant. Or both; one on each end of the Villages.
We had one years ago called Urban Curry in La Plaza Grande about 2011. Another Indian restaurant was in the Lake Square Mall called Tandoor in 2009-2010. Good food but both failed. Too niche for Villagers!

Amrit Palace in Ocala.
Shiva Indian in Mount Dora.
Guru in Clermont.
Try those.

Skip
Old 06-18-2021, 11:59 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I will be very happy with a burger place there. Miss Cody’s, just hope the new place keeps things clean.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
So, burgers and bar chain restaurant #463. It could be the best burgers on the planet, it's still another burger and bar chain. We already have 462 burger and bar restaurants.

I would still love to see an Indian restaurant. Or a Middle-eastern restaurant. Or both; one on each end of the Villages. Properly made falafels with tahini, a side of hummus, and REAL pita bread (not that crappy flatbread garbage you get around here now), with home-made pistachio halvah for dessert one week - and the next week, papadam with mango chutney, chicken in curry over saffroned basmati rice, and gulab jamun for dessert.

I could live on that stuff. And if my husband would eat it, I'd learn to make it myself and there'd always be some in the house. The hummus I can make. The rest, nope.
Well, open one up if you think there market?
Old 06-18-2021, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1ceasar View Post
You may notice in today's world whether it's an Italian place, steak or fish, they all have pretty much the same things with just a smattering of specialized product. Every steakhouse I go into always has fish like salmon and tilapia and or lobster on the menu. Every fish house has a few chicken dishes and steak dishes as well. Yes it's true that a place like Red lobster may have five or six fish species that you're not going to find in the Italian place and in the Italian place they're going to have quite a few pastas but it's all the same after 50 years of eating out, I ended up cooking what I like myself and I only really like to go get things that are very different than what I can normally cook. That being said Ford's garage is a unique restaurant as far as their decor. We recently stopped in on the way to Tampa also and they had a very nice outside patio. I did have a good hamburger which I don't cook at home and my wife had another dish. It's a little bit upscale from any diner food and not quite Burns prices for other things. I think they're going to be well known for their drinks as it seems quite a few people were at the Bars even at 2:00 in the afternoon and you know these villagers. I wish them success it's a good location and the last place had a terrible layout inside
On day I suspect in future there will be no salt water fish. The ocean being carpet dreaded everyday. Fisherman have to further from coast to catch fish. Especially from China sea coast. All be left is mud puddle raised fish.
Old 06-18-2021, 02:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
This is interesting and had been a rumor for months. The Villages just took out a building permit to remove mold and replace the walls with new wallboard. No permits for any restaurants yet at that location.
What? that building can’t be over 5 years old?
Old 06-18-2021, 03:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
What? that building can’t be over 5 years old?
Yes but if the AC was shutoff it does not take long.
Closed Thread

Tags
great, locations, turning, unique, restaurants

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.