New restaurant coming to brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2018, 01:29 PM

If it is the same as the one in Times Square, let's say it would be for tourists. And get a second mortgage and eat before you go. Tiny, tiny portions. A place where Vern from Iowa would sadly get ripped off after seeing "Hamilton."
Old 03-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Bonifay, Evans Prairie, Belle Glade, Scooples
Plus Orange Blossom Hills
Old 03-24-2018, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by champion6 View Post
Yes, the address shown in the paper appears to be on the corner, across the street (west) from the now-closed Bavarian Brewhaus.
2738 Brownwood Blvd is the address of the location of the ex-Bavarian Brewhaus, at least according to maps on my computer.
Old 03-24-2018, 03:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
2738 Brownwood Blvd is the address of the location of the ex-Bavarian Brewhaus, at least according to maps on my computer.
Yes, you are correct. I found the website of the closed Bavarian Brewhaus and it shows the address that has been indicated for Bluefin Seafood Restaurant.

By the way, three online maps - Google, Bing and MapQuest - each placed the pin at different locations for the address. Go figure!
Old 03-24-2018, 05:28 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Bonifay,Evans Prairie, Belle Glade, Scooples,-get ready for more pre-packed food from his purveyor-but if $3.00 martini's and $5.00 flat breads float your boat--enjoy--

Willing to bet the BONE has nothing to worry about
Actually " TooJay's " a lot of their meals are surprise surprise Pre-packaged . Actually most...they have a central location that cooks their food, frozen then ......

Look at their menu pretty obvious.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:58 PM

I have noticed that "Villagers" want "quality" restaurants, etc, but they also are tight fisted with money.

A "RUTH's CHRIS" in any part of The Villages would fail because "Villagers" would not actually support quality. They like free entertainment, free golf, 2 for 1 drinks, (Florida is low cost compared to Northeast), etc.

Waiters tell me tips are pretty low in THE VILLAGES.

People, you get what you pay for. Rule 1.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:03 PM
Sage

I had customers of mine, that were in the food prep business, most of the food in " pedestrian restaurants" is the same --it comes off the same conveyors,same flash freezers--its the same and its all headed to most of the restaurants here and served to you via microwave and big boil kettles.

Most of all the food here is not cooked for YOU--
Old 03-24-2018, 06:06 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 600th Photo Sq View Post
Actually " TooJay's " a lot of their meals are surprise surprise Pre-packaged . Actually most...they have a central location that cooks their food, frozen then ......

Look at their menu pretty obvious.
And I find most of them quite tasty!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post
I have noticed that "Villagers" want "quality" restaurants, etc, but they also are tight fisted with money.

A "RUTH's CHRIS" in any part of The Villages would fail because "Villagers" would not actually support quality. They like free entertainment, free golf, 2 for 1 drinks, (Florida is low cost compared to Northeast), etc.

Not everyone here goes to free entertainment, golf is really not free it’s part of the amenity fees we pay, as for 2 for one that’s just low end booze....There a plenty of restaurants that do well outside of the bubble, that serve quality food and good service.
I have never had a wait staff tell me how poorly everyone tips here. If they did I would expect they are not that good at their job.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Not everyone here goes to free entertainment, golf is really not free it’s part of the amenity fees we pay, as for 2 for one that’s just low end booze....There a plenty of restaurants that do well outside of the bubble, that serve quality food and good service.
I have never had a wait staff tell me how poorly everyone tips here. If they did I would expect they are not that good at their job.
Then you aren't taking to your servers, most will tell you that Villagers tip between 10 and 15%. There are exceptions of course and I assume you are one. As far as plenty of restaurants outside the bubble you might be right if you are willing to drive. Very few are close to TV. It's all relative to what you are looking for and how far you are willing to go get it. While you and Chat present yourselves as having better taste and a higher social awareness then others on this forum, I don't believe you are in the majority. Those that you consider not your equals most likely spend more time talking to their servers. This is not a shot, so please don't take it that way, just an observation based on your posts.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail33or View Post

You are indeed right. You get what you pay for and when you overspend with a limited income and amount in the bank, than you will be at the mercy of others to take care of you. For many of us that is one of our worst nightmares. Many people who are quite comfortable financially are still careful with their money. I find that to be a virtue.

As for bucks at the final curtain. It is better to have a few too many than a few too few.
Old 03-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You are indeed right. You get what you pay for and when you overspend with a limited income and amount in the bank, than you will be at the mercy of others to take care of you. For many of us that is one of our worst nightmares. Many people who are quite comfortable financially are still careful with their money. I find that to be a virtue.

As for bucks at the final curtain. It is better to have a few too many than a few too few.
Yup!
Old 03-24-2018, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,369 Times in 2,397 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Then you aren't taking to your servers, most will tell you that Villagers tip between 10 and 15%. There are exceptions of course and I assume you are one. As far as plenty of restaurants outside the bubble you might be right if you are willing to drive. Very few are close to TV. It's all relative to what you are looking for and how far you are willing to go get it. While you and Chat present yourselves as having better taste and a higher social awareness then others on this forum, I don't believe you are in the majority. Those that you consider not your equals most likely spend more time talking to their servers. This is not a shot, so please don't take it that way, just an observation based on your posts.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:21 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

The Owner/Owners of the new Bluefish restaurant apparently have a “business model” that is working in The Villages.

$15/$16 dinners seems to be about right for most dinners with residents willing to pay a few dollars more on special occasions. The tips are what they are and the food is what it is. As the population of The Villages continues to grow, perhaps a true up-scale restaurant could be profitable in or near The Villages. We will see.....
Old 03-25-2018, 05:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Closed Thread

Tags
brownwood, restaurant, coming, indoor, outdoor

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.