New restaurant coming to Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2021, 10:17 AM

Still crazy after all these years... that there are still so many empty store/restaurant/shops whatever spaces in Brownwood.

What would have made a downtown a vibrant and wonderful place to visit instead is just a tribute to stubborn greed.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:40 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts
Default Not disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
I'm not impressed with any of the restaurants this guy has opened. I have nothing against him - don't even know him, but I have been spoiled in the past, and I know what I like. I'll give it a try. I have no expectations though. Maybe I'll be surprised.
Well, time will tell with this new restaurant. I am not disappointed with the Blue Fin the half dozen times we have been there. You can get a “bad” meal anywhere occasionally and also poor service. That is especially so today, but it suffices to say that the restaurant business is perhaps the “toughest” business to be in today.
Old 07-09-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdeb View Post
Still crazy after all these years... that there are still so many empty store/restaurant/shops whatever spaces in Brownwood.

What would have made a downtown a vibrant and wonderful place to visit instead is just a tribute to stubborn greed.
Or, since Brownwood is just 2-3 years old, with a full year of pandemic shutdown in there, maybe businesses were just a tad hesitant to invest...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-09-2021, 10:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Or, since Brownwood is just 2-3 years old, with a full year of pandemic shutdown in there, maybe businesses were just a tad hesitant to invest...
Brownwood opened in 2012 which is 9 years ago.
Old 07-09-2021, 11:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,706 Times in 761 Posts

I don’t understand how Bluefin can be good and Bonifay/evans prairie not so good to be polite. It’s the same ownership yet no consistency in food among the restaurants. Should be interesting to see how the new one turns out
Old 07-09-2021, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicarabitt View Post
If you're so unhappy why don't you go back home and enjoy the restaurants you liked there!
Old 07-09-2021, 09:44 PM

Like others have said something more exciting should go in the center. I thought the restaurant in fenney would be good but my veal Marsala tasted like stir fry Chinese sauce dish with semi hard squash passing as fresh organic. Very disappointed. I figure this is just another bar with ok food.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I am always interested in those with “refined palates”. I have heard people described, glowingly, as being “hard to please”. Well, it seems to me that hard to please means you are spending much of your life displeased. My mother, God bless her soul, was a person who was easily pleased, and celebrated almost every meal, restaurant or home cooked as DELICIOUS. I guess observing her joy of dining influenced me, as I too generally find a way to enjoy most any meal. Yes, some are better than others, due to preparation, seasoning and/or ingredients, but I usually find them enjoyable, whether it is a tenderloin sandwich at a diner or a dry aged ribeye at Morton’s. I remember once my wife and I were in Maui enjoying our fourth “gourmet meal” at the Ritz Carlton at a company outing, when we both agreed we really craved a cheeseburger and fries from our local beanery at that moment. I am happily “easily pleased”, and thus enjoy almost every dining experience, and if that makes me unsophisticated I plead guilty. BTW, I find the fish and chips at Bonifay delightful.
Old 07-10-2021, 03:08 PM

my take on the TV restaurant problems is that we a community with champagne tastes and a beer pocket book.

(a quote from my Dad)

Just Sayin'
Old 07-10-2021, 05:13 PM

"we both agreed we really craved a cheeseburger and fries from our local beanery".

Loman's Cafe?
Old 07-10-2021, 06:30 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevecmo View Post
"we both agreed we really craved a cheeseburger and fries from our local beanery".

Loman's Cafe?
Well it’s Family Traditions now. We actually have a couple good newer restaurants if you’re in town - Aroma Bistro, and Humphrey’s.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
Well it’s Family Traditions now. We actually have a couple good newer restaurants if you’re in town - Aroma Bistro, and Humphrey’s.
They did have a good cheeseburger. We also enjoyed the food at KoZak's. Been gone for several years, assume it's still there.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,177 Times in 4,234 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by petsetc View Post
my take on the TV restaurant problems is that we a community with champagne tastes and a beer pocket book.

(a quote from my Dad)

Just Sayin'
"We"?

Sorry, but my wife's only complaint is the lack of better restaurants that we would gladly pay to patronize...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-10-2021, 08:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Been growing things for years, and quite aware of what a manufactured chemical is, as apposed to an organic chemical.
It's the 'controlled' ones that are destroying the soil, not the natural ones.
On many agricultural farms today the soil is dead thanks to the 'controlled' chemicals!
The few left that use organic fertilisers still have soil with life in.
Hydroponics have just got rid of the soil from the equation, and grow in straight chemicals.
I eat it like everyone else, got no choice in many cases, and as fascinating as it may be, I wish I didn't have too.
Thats why I grow as much of my own the non-fascinating way.
There is a lot to be said for terroir.
Old 07-10-2021, 08:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
"We"?

Sorry, but my wife's only complaint is the lack of better restaurants that we would gladly pay to patronize...
Agree with that. We enjoy cooking at home and don't feel the need to go out five times a week or more. But we'd like a restaurant with ambiance and excellent food, and we don't mind paying for it. I bet we and your wife are not the only ones.

Tags
restaurant, harvest, bar, brownwood, grown

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.