New steakhouse coming to Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2022, 07:15 PM
Platinum member
Default New steakhouse coming to Leesburg

Just noticed on The Villages Gourmet Club website that a new high end steakhouse will be open in Leesburg next week. It's called Prime 3 On Main. Located across the street from where Sip was. (We miss that place.) That'll give Turners a run for their money. Let's see these prices.

Skip
Old 08-29-2022, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Just noticed on The Villages Gourmet Club website that a new high end steakhouse will be open in Leesburg next week. It's called Prime 3 On Main. Located across the street from where Sip was. (We miss that place.) That'll give Turners a run for their money. Let's see these prices.

Skip
Never understood why a restaurant would be closed on Sunday especially just starting out.
Old 08-30-2022, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Never understood why a restaurant would be closed on Sunday especially just starting out.
We have a friend back home that owns a restaurant. He is closed on Sunday. When I asked why, he said he can’t get enough help and must give his staff a day off. I said, why not Monday. He said, people need to have time with their families.
Old 08-30-2022, 06:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Almost all of Leesburg is closed on Sunday.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:56 AM
Platinum member

Quote:

Skip
Some may recall two previous steak houses in Leesburg. Jeffrey Paul’s Chop House and Vic’s Embers. We’d been to Jeffrey Paul’s twice and enjoyed our dinners. Never went to Vic’s but it always had decent reviews. Hope Prime 3 makes it because great restaurants in this area are few and far between.

BTW, if you’re ever in Vero Beach, The Tides is a memorable experience!
Old 08-30-2022, 12:06 PM

We went to Vic Ember's with a neighborhood bus trip (bus provided by them). It was a disaster and Vic himself blamed it on all of us. Not too long after the place burned down. We had nothing to do with that though.
Old 08-30-2022, 12:49 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
We went to Vic Ember's with a neighborhood bus trip (bus provided by them). It was a disaster and Vic himself blamed it on all of us. Not too long after the place burned down. We had nothing to do with that though.
On our visits to Jeffrey Paul’s Chop House, Jeffrey would stop by each table and ask about your dinners. I can’t recall his exact words but he was not a fan of Villagers. He claimed they were both cheap and demanding. Steaks in those days were about half the price of today.

I got the general impression from Jeffrey that he was tired of being a restauranteur. I never doubted that it’s was a demanding career. In any event, we were sorry when he finally closed.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
On our visits to Jeffrey Paul’s Chop House, Jeffrey would stop by each table and ask about your dinners. I can’t recall his exact words but he was not a fan of Villagers. He claimed they were both cheap and demanding. Steaks in those days were about half the price of today.

I got the general impression from Jeffrey that he was tired of being a restauranteur. I never doubted that it’s was a demanding career. In any event, we were sorry when he finally closed.
I really liked Jeffrey Paul's, and at the end of dinner he gave women a red rose.
Old 08-30-2022, 08:19 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
I really liked Jeffrey Paul's, and at the end of dinner he gave women a red rose.
Gypsy Rose Lee said "You Gotta Have A Gimmick". Some dentist in The Villages does that too.
Ladies: Does that bring you back?

BTW, Jeffery Paul Arnold died in Eustis at 65 years of age in 2019.
He will be remembered for his Bananas Foster and that thank you Rose.
RIP.

Skip

Last edited by Skip; 08-30-2022 at 08:36 PM.
Old 08-30-2022, 09:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,022 Times in 5,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
We have a friend back home that owns a restaurant. He is closed on Sunday. When I asked why, he said he can’t get enough help and must give his staff a day off. I said, why not Monday. He said, people need to have time with their families.
If it was my restaurant some off Sat and some off Sunday, why give up a prime day people go out to eat.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Can’t believe a new high end restaurant going to make it in this economic environment. Just go to Capital Grill or Ruths
Old 08-31-2022, 07:25 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Skip
High end??? like everyone claims Chop house is high end??? No high end Steakhouse serves Ramen, nor do they put cheese on or in fish! Come on get real, it's Leesburg, how about it's just another steakhouse. Some day this area will get something that could actually be called a proper high end steak house. While it wouldn't hold a candle to Bern's something close would be nice. It's a dream but the area doesn't have the economics to support it.
Old 08-31-2022, 07:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Skip
also what is this "gormet" club.... it occurs to me that seniors lose their ability to taste properly.... so.... someone needs to explain this logic to my overly sensitive palate please. Because so far any recommendation we have had has been far over reaching
Old 08-31-2022, 07:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
High end??? like everyone claims Chop house is high end??? No high end Steakhouse serves Ramen, nor do they put cheese on or in fish! Come on get real, it's Leesburg, how about it's just another steakhouse. Some day this area will get something that could actually be called a proper high end steak house. While it wouldn't hold a candle to Bern's something close would be nice. It's a dream but the area doesn't have the economics to support it.
Spot on. The area doesn’t have the economics to support any “high end” restaurant. Nothing but complaints about the prices of restaurants constantly by villagers. And Leesburg specifically, has about 1/3 of the population of the villages so even though they don’t complain about pricing, still aren’t enough people to support it. Where Turners is has been at least 10 places in my lifetime.
Old 08-31-2022, 08:28 AM
Veteran member

Maybe they're religious
Closed Thread

Tags
steakhouse, leesburg, place, street, prices

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.