New vietnamese restaurant

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2019, 12:36 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Do you mean the last driveway on the left? If I'm not mistaken, the last driveway on the right is the citrus place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydee View Post
There are 4 corners ....the restaurant is on the south east corner of 301 & 466....Not difficult

Yes. And if you are in front of Bargains & Treasures (which is on 106 NOT 466) the restaurant is the last yellow building on the Right just as you hit 301.

If you are on 466 traveling west, it is the last yellow building on the Left just as you hit 301.

The entrance (and signage) is off of 301 not 466.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:51 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill32 View Post
Wanted to try it today,went by that area this afternoon, couldn't find it
The hunt makes it all the more exciting!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 04-10-2019, 02:15 PM
Platinum member

So I managed to get DH to take me there for late lunch/early dinner today. Poor man, all he wanted today was a Burger Deluxe from IHOP. Against his better judgment, he allowed me to talk him into trying this restaurant. He and I are so different in so many ways. I'd rather try something new that I may not like for the experience and he never wants to depart from "tried and true".

The place has been open for just two weeks. It's relatively small but bright and cheery with huge painted murals of Viet Nam on the walls. The owner (or one of them since the Gourmet site lists a Bryan Hoang as the owner) is a really tiny, petite young woman who introduced herself to us and in her very strong accent said that all the food is made on the premises and reflects what would be eaten in a Vietnamese home. Everything seemed very fresh.

We started with an order each of Fried Rolls and Spring Rolls. The fried rolls were ok to good but in no way resemble Chinese Egg Rolls and they were tiny. We didn't care for the Spring Rolls which were served cool and had vegetables and rice inside. Each order was $3.95.

Next DH had the Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Dac Biat). It was a huge bowl that had rice noodles with slices of beef. It was different from anything we had ever tasted. I tasted the soup and was grateful that I hadn't ordered one for myself. It was Ok but not something I'd ever crave. $15.95

I ordered the Charbroiled pork entre (Bun Thit Nuong). The pork was sliced very thin and looked like it was boiled -- no sign of any charbroiling that I could determine. It was served on top of rice vermicelli with bamboo shoots on top of whole cilantro leaves. Not very spicy (or even tasty for that matter) but a large portion. $10.95

My DH ordered the Soft Pan-Fried chow mein with chicken and vegetables. Once again, the chicken tasted like it was boiled and the dish was relatively bland. The chow mein in no way resembles Chinese Chow Mein. $13.95

He had a soda and I had green tea. $2.25 and $2.45.

I'm satisfied that I never need return since there was nothing that I would want to eat again -- and I love Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Italian, French and Latin cuisines. But nothing that we ordered here really hit me.

There really isn't much more on the menu except each meal listed above had variations such as chicken, beef, pork or seafood. I have a feeling they all taste the same.

DH is still fuming that he didn't get his Hamburger Deluxe and is furious at me for having him spend $55 plus $10 tip on a meal he hated. Oh well, you know what they say if they can't take a joke.

Last edited by BK001; 04-10-2019 at 03:28 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,414 Times in 5,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
So I managed to get DH to take me there for late lunch/early dinner today. Poor man, all he wanted today was a Burger Deluxe from IHOP. Against his better judgment, he allowed me to talk him into trying this restaurant. He and I are so different in so many ways. I'd rather try something new that I may not like for the experience and he never wants to depart from "tried and true".

The place has been open for just two weeks. It's relatively small but bright and cheery with huge painted murals of Viet Nam on the walls. The owner (or one of them since the Gourmet site lists a Bryan Hoang as the owner) is a really tiny, petite young woman who introduced herself to us and in her very strong accent said that all the food is made on the premises and reflects what would be eaten in a Vietnamese home. Everything seemed very fresh.

We started with an order each of Fried Rolls and Spring Rolls. The fried rolls were ok to good but in no way resemble Chinese Egg Rolls and they were tiny. We didn't care for the Spring Rolls which were served cool and had vegetables and rice inside. Each order was $3.95.

Next DH had the Beef Noodle Soup (Pho Dac Biat). It was a huge bowl that had rice noodles with slices of beef. It was different from anything we had ever tasted. I tasted the soup and was grateful that I hadn't ordered one for myself. It was Ok but not something I'd ever crave. $15.95

I ordered the Charbroiled pork entre (Bun This Nuong). The pork was sliced very thin and looked like it was boiled -- no sign of any charbroiling that I could determine. It was served on top of rice vermicelli with bamboo shoots on top of whole cilantro leaves. Not very spicy (or even tasty for that matter) but a large portion. $10.95

My DH ordered the Soft Pan-Fried chow mein with chicken and vegetables. Once again, the chicken tasted like it was boiled and the dish was relatively bland. $13.95

I'm satisfied that I never need return since there was nothing that I would want to eat again -- and I love Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Italian, French and Latin cuisines. But nothing that we ordered here really hit me.

There really isn't much more on the menu except each meal listed above had variations such as chicken, beef, pork or seafood. I have a feeling they all taste the same.

DH is still fuming that he didn't get his Hamburger Deluxe and is furious at me for having him spend $55 plus $10 tip on a meal he hated. Oh well, you know what they say if they can't take a joke.
Thanks for the review. I had breakfast at the new Burger King on 466A. I had a breakfast burrito jr. and a coffee. Good coffee, bad burrito. But the total cost was only $1.61, not $65.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:30 AM
Platinum member

Wow, 24 hours later and DH is still irritated. I had better buy him the biggest, juiciest Hamburger Deluxe today to put him into a better mood. LOL.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Wow, 24 hours later and DH is still irritated. I had better buy him the biggest, juiciest Hamburger Deluxe today to put him into a better mood. LOL.
Good luck with that and not for NOTHING.

You should check out Metro Diner. They have some HUGE burgers. Maybe you have been there already?
Old 04-13-2019, 01:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Thanks for the review. I had breakfast at the new Burger King on 466A. I had a breakfast burrito jr. and a coffee. Good coffee, bad burrito. But the total cost was only $1.61, not $65.
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.
Old 04-15-2019, 02:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henryk View Post
Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t.
Dear Henryk, that tune has been running through my head since you posted it!!!!!
Old 04-15-2019, 05:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Dear Henryk, that tune has been running through my head since you posted it!!!!!
It should give you Mounds of Joy...almond sized of course.
Old 04-15-2019, 06:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
It should give you Mounds of Joy...almond sized of course.
Almond Joy - Mounds ◊ Sometimes You Feel Like a Nut ◊ 1977 - YouTube
Old 04-15-2019, 07:37 AM
Platinum member

Oh no you don't. I don't want this as an ear worm all day! LaLaLaLaLa

LOL
Old 04-15-2019, 01:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Oh no you don't. I don't want this as an ear worm all day! LaLaLaLaLa

LOL
Aw, c'mon, BK. Give it a go!
Old 04-21-2019, 08:39 AM
Veteran member

Found it, doubled parked and ran in to see if they had chicken lemongrass, they do , will be back to try it. Also it will be a challenge to fins parking...
Old 04-22-2019, 07:37 PM

I ate at the restaurant a few weeks ago with my wife who is Vietnamese and we both thought the food was very good. We plan on being regular customers.
Old 04-25-2019, 09:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

I ordered the Charbroiled pork entre (Bun Thit Nuong). The pork was sliced very thin and looked like it was boiled -- no sign of any charbroiling that I could determine. It was served on top of rice vermicelli with bamboo shoots on top of whole cilantro leaves. Not very spicy (or even tasty for that matter) but a large portion. $10.95

My DH ordered the Soft Pan-Fried chow mein with chicken and vegetables. Once again, the chicken tasted like it was boiled and the dish was relatively bland. The chow mein in no way resembles Chinese Chow Mein. $13.95

I 100% agree with your review. Three of us went there for lunch and I don't see a need to go back either. We found the food to be filling, but bland. The most annoying thing for us was that it appeared that the menus were copies of copies of copies. The print was fuzzy, and when I made a comment about it, one of the members of our party was glad I had as he thought it was a problem with his glasses. We showed the menu to the server and she went in search of one that was clearer to read (unfortunately she didn't find one for us). It took us longer than usual to order as we had to make out the description of the dishes as best we could.

On a positive side, our server was very good, the restaurant and at least the men's room, were clean.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurant, vietnamese, told, excellent, homemade

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.