New Year's Eve--suggestions?

Closed Thread
Old 12-10-2011, 02:26 PM
Veteran member
Default New Year's Eve--suggestions?

My wife and I are fairly new to TV and were planning on spending a quiet New Year's Eve at home (it also happens to be our anniversary).

We just found out that we have some family members coming to visit over New Year's and we decided that it would be better to go out and enjoy the festivities.

We are looking for a nice dinner and music/dancing. So far the only coutry club I have seen offering something similar Hacienda Hills (which sounds pretty good). We don't necessarily need to go to a CC, so if anyone has any suggestions (either on or off campus), I would sincerely appreciate it.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 12-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Platinum member
Default New Years Eve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cappyjon431 View Post
My wife and I are fairly new to TV and were planning on spending a quiet New Year's Eve at home (it also happens to be our anniversary)... so if anyone has any suggestions (either on or off campus), I would sincerely appreciate it.
Check out the Gourmet Club's Website, search for "New Years Eve". There are three pages you can hunt on.

Skip
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Check out the Gourmet Club's Website, search for "New Years Eve". There are three pages you can hunt on.

Skip
Thanks! That is a very helpful site.

"Growing older but not up." J. Buffett

Coral Gables, FL, Bahamas, Belize, Wilmington, NC, Bocas del Toro, Panama and finally The Villages
Old 12-14-2011, 05:21 AM
Veteran member

WVLG radio had an ad yesterday for Hacienda Hills CC New Year's eve party so my guess is that the other CC's may have them too. Reservations required

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 12-14-2011, 01:43 PM
Gold member
Default New Year's Eve

If you decide you would just like to go out for dinner and then welcome the New Year in at home I would highly recommend Vic's Ember's. A delicious meal with good service and a nice atmosphere. I never had a better cut of prime rib and everything from drinks to dessert was outstanding.
Skip 2
Old 12-14-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip2MySue View Post
If you decide you would just like to go out for dinner and then welcome the New Year in at home I would highly recommend Vic's Ember's. A delicious meal with good service and a nice atmosphere. I never had a better cut of prime rib and everything from drinks to dessert was outstanding.
Skip 2
I'd second that . . . but I'd find 28 others to go so that a bus can be arranged to pick you up in the Villages . . . I hate to drive on New Years' Eve because, as Ed McMahon use to say, all the amateurs are out on New Years' Eve.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.