Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   New York Style Pizza (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/new-york-style-pizza-294055/)

TheWarriors 06-24-2019 08:37 PM

Good pizza is like a good woman, everyone has different tastes, thank God 😆

Nucky 06-24-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 1659996)
Great, this again.

:ohdear:

It's been a while me think's. The Pizza in Florida is CardBoard With Ketchup! We just do the best we can. Occasionally we find a decent spot. There are a few and I'd rather have my Pizza Memories than still live where those Memories were made.

I've switched over to Shrimp! :popcorn: :1rotfl:

John_W 06-25-2019 09:02 AM

In my 8 years here I've eaten everything from brick oven pizza at Mallory Country Club to Bravo Pizza at LSL. I have two places I go to for pizza.

For gooey and fairly thin pizza, I go to Giovanni's at Southern Trace, you can fold this pizza over. His brother will soon be opening a place at Pinellas Plaza, I believe it will be called Roberto's. I'm not looking for a bargain, but their prices are from 20 years ago. They have great spaghetti and at lunch, you get spaghetti with meat sauce, a nice salad and bread for $6.95, Incredible!

https://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/me...l-favorite.jpg

Actually I prefer even thinner pizza and not so gooey, for that I go to Sammy Joe's at Mulberry Plaza at the north end of TV. They will make the pizza to the edge without much crust, just as for 'to the edge'. I love their pizza and usually eat there once a week even though it's 30 minute drive from my house. The lady that owns the place also just recently sold her other restaurant Son Rise Cafe to Darrels, so now she has been adding more items to the menu.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/1...1cd75~mv2.webp

LI SNOWBIRD 06-25-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWarriors (Post 1660043)
Good pizza is like a good woman, everyone has different tastes, thank God 😆

Well put my friend
:bigbow:

capecoralbill 06-25-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aw Man (Post 1660011)
Geez, why do you have to pick on Jerry, ....... customers standing in line said Jerry always made the best pizza in south-east Iowa.

Thankyou for your interest, on second thought, NYPD is the worst.

TomOB 06-25-2019 09:28 AM

Piesano's will be in TV soon.

Chatbrat 06-25-2019 10:00 AM

Chain restaurant pizza is the pits--From Domino's , down--its only good when your stuck on a road trip & they're the only show in town-we had to eat it when we got back to our hotel after riding the Durango narrow gauge steam train

gatorbill1 06-25-2019 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RAAndre (Post 1659980)
Could not find decent "Northeast" style pizza in the villages. Good pizza not only comes from New York, but add New England to the region that knows good pizza - Boston, Providence, New Haven . . . name it.
Now, where is the best pizza and Italian food in this area? In my Northend Boston opinion go to Belleview Pizza up in Belleview. It's the best we have found. BOGO PASTA DINNERS 3 -5 weekdays!
WARNING: Doesn't open until 3PM. CASH ONLY!

Need to stop recommending Belleview Pizza - getting too crowded. But they are the best - Thin, Hand-tossed or thick, whatever you want, and always the same.

buzzy 06-25-2019 12:47 PM

I like the pizza at Sammy's on rte301. I can fold it, and the oil drips out from the "V". Just like on Long Island when I was a kid.

Pinball wizard 06-25-2019 03:24 PM

Sammy is from Brooklyn...

Keith7138 06-25-2019 03:55 PM

NAPOLINO'S has the closest thing to New York pizza. They are located on 301. Give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Nucky 06-25-2019 06:07 PM

Ut Oh!

Tom52 06-25-2019 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capecoralbill (Post 1659991)
I tried NYPD Pizza on 466, just east of 301, it is the 2nd worst pizza i have ever eaten. First worst was Jerry's in Mt Pleasant Ia in 1968.

Small world. Jerry of Jerry's in Mt. Pleasant IA is my uncle. He was in the pizza making business for 52 years. Most people must have liked his pizza or he wouldn't have been able to stay in business so long.

ColdNoMore 06-25-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom52 (Post 1660257)
Small world. Jerry of Jerry's in Mt. Pleasant IA is my uncle. He was in the pizza making business for 52 years. Most people must have liked his pizza or he wouldn't have been able to stay in business so long.

Small world indeed! :D

Yeah, I would certainly say that 52 years straight in any business means...a lot of folks are satisfied with the product/service.
:ho:

Kerry Azz 06-26-2019 06:06 AM

Nothing like Regina’s pizza in the Norh End, then off to Modern pastries on Hanover Street.