New York Style Pizza

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2019, 06:59 AM
Veteran member

Gio's s deli on 301 is really great. I like the NYC with more cheese.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
Gio's s deli on 301 is really great. I like the NYC with more cheese.
Gio's is owned by Giovanni's at Southern Trace, I mentioned that place a couple of pages back for the gooey thin pizza you can fold. So you can get that same pizza at two places, Gio's and Giovanni's, and soon his brother's place Roberto's will open at Pinellas Plaza. It where the Asian restaurant was located.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:35 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Post Anybody

Anybody can make crust or spread sausage or other stuff on a pizza but it is the Sauce that makes the pizza and that is a New York thing. If someone in the Villages wants to make a good pizza go to New York City, little Italy or similar, buy a pint of their sauce and then bring it back to the Villages and work until you have copied it. Have eaten pizza in Italy in Naples, Rome, Milan, Arce, etc and NY City is similar in taste because they are from the areas and their mothers use to make the sauce. I have not tasted anything like the real sauce in The Villages and don't understand why someone who specials in Pizza doesn't just go to the real source and copy it. In a lot of cases they will not share how they make the sauce. My mother in law, who came from Italy made the best meat balls and sauce you could ever eat BUT she never really gave out how she made anything.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:07 AM
Default NY Pizza

I have had Pizza at all the places named above. There is no such thing as N.Y.Pizza in TV. As a college student I have had Pizza allover NYC. My favorite places were actually on or around Times Square. BUT, if you happen to be in, or around, Deland, FL try Tony's Pizza. Directly across from the Court House. Closest to NY Pizza in FL i have had. A little far to drive for Pizza. But if you happen to be in the neighborhood.....
Old 06-26-2019, 09:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Nothing like Regina’s pizza in the Norh End, then off to Modern pastries on Hanover Street.
Oh ya. Then take a stroll through Quincy Market. If it's Saturday buy some veggies @ Haymarket.
Old 06-26-2019, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
All the pizza here is meant to be eaten with a knife & fork, NYC style--foretabboutit
You mean "fagedaboudit"
Old 06-26-2019, 10:11 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I agree, it's all about the sauce. I met a very Italian lady who was from the North End of Boston who made the greatest sauce. I asked her for her recipe and she didn't have one. I asked her if I could watch her make it, which I did about 3 times and my sister did about 5 times. We finally nailed it. She would only use the Pastene San Marznao crushed tomatoes and the sausage had to be both hot and mild Italian from her favorite deli and the meatballs also had to be made a certain way. But I can still make it almost exactly the way she did and it is fabulous. Can't get the right sausage every time. One condition I had to agree to in order to watch her make it was to never give it away. Allow close friends to watch how it's done, but never give it away. Must be a North End of Boston thing.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:25 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerry Azz View Post
Nothing like Regina’s pizza in the Norh End, then off to Modern pastries on Hanover Street.
Regina’s!!! Stop,you’re killing me!

Actually, we got delivery from Bravo last night. They were 10” personal pizzas and thus had to be thin. We ordered one cheese pizza (Robert, natch), one Amatrice and one Amalfi. They were all delicious and—praise all that is good and holy—they were steaming hot! This is rare no matter which pizza shop you use.

We like the sauce. They are generally heavy on the cheese, so I wouldn’t ask for extra. We actually ask for “light” cheese if it’s only a cheese pizza.

And don’t forget they also offer MANY dishes.
If Bravo can continue fast delivery, they’ve got it made!

Last edited by Henryk; 06-26-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2019, 05:54 PM
Gold member

Piezanos Stone Fire is close to open. Superb.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
All the pizza here is meant to be eaten with a knife & fork, NYC style--foretabboutit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpodell View Post
You mean "fagedaboudit"
With all due respect you are both wrong. It's fuhgeddaboudit -- and here is the actual sign in Brooklyn!

brooklyn sign fuggedaboudit - Yahoo Search Results Image Search Results
Old 06-27-2019, 07:08 AM

Chicago, deep-dish pizza is the best.

Old 06-27-2019, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Hot There View Post

Old 06-27-2019, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Hot There View Post

You are totally correct. But Chicago also has the best thin crust pizza, and one can be enjoyed at the Great Chicago Fire Brewery & Tap Room in Leesburg.

As far as pizza here in The Villages Giovanni's is good if you order double cheese.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2019, 01:35 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,599 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
You are totally correct. But Chicago also has the best thin crust pizza, and one can be enjoyed at the Great Chicago Fire Brewery & Tap Room in Leesburg.

As far as pizza here in The Villages Giovanni's is good if you order double cheese.

Lou.

Uno

Due
Old 06-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Best pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post

It is all dependent on where you moved from. I am from NJ and went to College in Illinois. I did not like the deep dish pizza and dislike the the thin crust cut in squares. For me the best pizza is Bravos and I add salt and oregano. That is the closest tasting pizza from where I grew up. When dorm mates from Chicago came to visit in NJ they were not impressed with the pizza.
Closed Thread

Tags
pizza, york, sauce, style, thick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.