Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2019, 11:30 AM

Took family member who was in Orlando on business and wanted to see The Villages. Took her out to what we thought would be a nice country club dinner. Had not been to Hacienda Hills since remodel so we arrived about 7pm. Walked in and could not hear anything as the entertainer that was there had the sound up so loud it made the two Nirvana concerts I attended sound like a string quartet. Waited at the front desk for 10 minutes for someone to acknowledge us. I know we should have left but it was getting late and did not want to run around to another place. Finally got seated and was handed a 1 page computer printed menu. Waitress took our drink orders after going to bar 3 times to see what wine and beers they had. First two orders for drinks, 2 Yeunglings & 1 Reisling, they were out. Go to order dinner and there were 2 back and forth with the kitchen as they were out of those items. Now mind you all of this is going on while screaming over the entertainment. The waitress drops the food and check and was nowhere to be found after that. Food was below what could be called country club food. Finally got another waiter to take the bill. After leaving and getting home my wife informs me that on the bill along with the food and drinks was a $5 per person charge for entertainment. This was not information that was provided to us prior to seating or ordering. She did not mention it when paying the bill as she could tell I was already agitated and embarrassed in front of our guest.

Left while apologizing to our guest. Absolutely the worst experience we have had at a Villages restaurant in our 10 year history here. Will not walk through the doors again until we hear of new owners and complete staff change.
Old 01-31-2019, 02:54 PM
Platinum member

I agree. I do not see how it can recover from a bad reputation, until a new owner is in charge. Just a new manager doesn’t help, IMHO.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:11 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by starflyte1 View Post
I agree. I do not see how it can recover from a bad reputation, until a new owner is in charge. Just a new manager doesn’t help, IMHO.
A business can't recover from a bad reputation when they keep doing the same things that earned them the bad reputation. I was there about 6 weeks ago and they pulled the same thing with the 5 dollar entertainment fee on me that I didn't notice until I got home. They never told me they were going to charge it when I came in or before I ordered.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

I would have paid 5 dollars to have the entertainers leave.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:34 AM

We went for dinner and food was just OK. but the worst part is the sound/acoustics... there was music, which was so loud we couldn't hold a conversation. I also agree with optv above...take advantage of the wonderful outside ombiance and go for the 50's/60's Havana/Miami theme...do it up right!
Closed Thread

Tags
newly, hacienda, renovated, hills, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.