Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Newly Renovated Hacienda Hills CC (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/newly-renovated-hacienda-hills-cc-273044/)

Chatbrat 09-26-2018 01:28 PM

I'm down to two--Arnold and the Cane

rustyp 09-26-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1585177)
I'm down to two--Arnold and the Cane

My mistake we like Cane also. A bit quirky sometimes getting past the lady at the door. She says if I need the table (outside) for dinner you will have to leave. 16 - 20 guys for drinks and she thinks there is more profit in dinner ? I smile and say most certainly mam. Shucks she is just chicken to say I'm afraid of you boys getting rowdy and upsetting the dinner crowd.

Gpsma 09-26-2018 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1585171)
The problem is become TOO apparent, TOO few hands controlling TOO many restaurants here

Part of the Morse Mafia?

champion6 09-26-2018 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 1585213)
Part of the Morse Mafia?

Four are owned by the developer:
Amelia's, Waterfront Inn
Fenney Grill
Katie Belle's Music Hall
Tierra Del Sol Bar & Grill

rustyp 09-26-2018 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champion6 (Post 1585214)
Four are owned by the developer:
Amelia's, Waterfront Inn
Fenney Grill
Katie Belle's Music Hall
Tierra Del Sol Bar & Grill

They are all owned by the developer. Country Clubs, restaurants, shops etc. The developer then grants a lease to the concessionaire of developer's sole choice. You and I have no input to that process - outside of CDD's. But then again it all belongs to the developer and shame on you if you did not do due diligence before moving here. The golden rule - he who has the gold makes the rules.

Chatbrat 09-26-2018 03:57 PM

Keep your gold spend it outside of most villages restaurants

eweissenbach 09-26-2018 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWGUY (Post 1585129)
They are the ones that wrecked it!:mad:
Mahesh Nomula opened both World of Beers in the Villages. Took over Hacienda a couple of years ago and his "Bad" management people have run it into the ground IMHO. Doing the same with Glenview from what I hear.

You hear correctly. We used to love Glenview - the food was good, not great, but the ambience was our favorite. A real old money country club feel. The ambience is still great, the food not worth the effort.

Chatbrat 09-26-2018 06:42 PM

It is time we make an effort to stop supporting these CRAP country clubs posing as country club restaurants--pass the word on to your neighbor/friends as to which restaurants that deserve to be put out of business

rustyp 09-27-2018 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatbrat (Post 1585292)
It is time we make an effort to stop supporting these CRAP country clubs posing as country club restaurants--pass the word on to your neighbor/friends as to which restaurants that deserve to be put out of business

For the most effect and well deserved of a boycott start with the FMK group (Evans Prairie, Belle Glade, Bonifay, Orange Blossom). Basically same menu at all four places and a steady rise in prices since ownership. Remember the old customer loyalty cards? Me thinks the ownership was not so loyal. When our group of golfers did happy hour (no more) at these four establishments the bill was 2x - 3x over Cane and Arnold. Oh and the food at Cane and Arnold is heads above these places.

Chatbrat 09-27-2018 07:39 AM

all the food of the above group comes from Gordon Food Services, its boil in the bag & microwavable--the kitchens in the above restaurants are way too small to have a real cook line--these places are good for draft beers and cocktails made from well booze-

JSR22 09-27-2018 08:14 AM

Havana

Had a very good twin lobster tail dinner last evening at Havana. On Wednesday all bottles of wine are 50% off. They brought back the really good cheeses topped rolls.

Chatbrat 09-27-2018 08:17 AM

Big difference between Havana and these junk clubs, the primary one is the owner is hands on--and knows the restaurant business

eeroger 11-01-2018 05:18 PM

Went to Hacienda tonight (11/1/18). There were only 4 (including my husband and I) in the restaurant at 5pm. Service wasn't good. Had to get up & go to kitchen to find waiter who was shooting the bull with others. Can mark this off our list along with Havana who had equally bad service. Had to call manager to get bill.
Food just so, so at each place. Too bad. We loved going to Hacienda over the past 7 years.

JSR22 11-01-2018 06:54 PM

The service at Havana is excellent. We eat dinner there at least once a week. If service is not what you expect speak to the owner and manager stoppimg at every table.

kcrazorbackfan 11-01-2018 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeroger (Post 1595335)
Went to Hacienda tonight (11/1/18). There were only 4 (including my husband and I) in the restaurant at 5pm. Service wasn't good. Had to get up & go to kitchen to find waiter who was shooting the bull with others. Can mark this off our list along with Havana who had equally bad service. Had to call manager to get bill.
Food just so, so at each place. Too bad. We loved going to Hacienda over the past 7 years.

We ate there today after golf; service was ok, food was meh.