No "just deserts" at the Cattle Baron Club???

Closed Thread
Old 12-18-2006, 09:03 PM
Founder
Default No "just deserts" at the Cattle Baron Club???

Monday night, my wife and I took our friends out for coffee and desert to celebrate their wedding anniversary. We chose the Cattle Baron Club because of its great deserts and atmosphere. Upon arrival at the hostess station, we were informed that we were not permitted to order just desert, that we were required to have a full dinner. It appeared that there were 10 or 15 open tables at the time, about 8 p.m.

Having lived in the Villages for over three years, and having patronized the Cattle Baron Club no less than 25 times, it was embarrassing to be so unceremoniously turned away. The hostess was not the slightest bit apologetic, in fact she was quite condescending as she informed us four times that this was a "dinner only" restaurant, not a desert restaurant. It is quite likely that we will have second thoughts about dining there in the near future. How nice for them to be in a position to turn away cash customers of any kind.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:23 AM
Default Re: No "just deserts" at the Cattle Baron Club???

??? Is that the same place that tried to sell membership and, when that failed, offered free membership to Priority Golfers??? I haven't been there and don't think I ever will.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
??? Is that the same place that tried to sell membership and, when that failed, offered free membership to Priority Golfers??? I haven't been there and don't think I ever will.
Yep! Same place.

I still work and frequently have employees and business associates from out of town. We have always taken them to the Cattle Baron Club for our business dinners. Sometimes the bill runs into the hundreds of dollars. Great way for them to thank me for my past business, HUH?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Founder

In all fairness to The Cattle Baron Club. I talked to a manager this afternoon and explained what happened Monday night. She apologized and said the hostess was new. She invited me to bring my guests back and have desert. Unfortunately the celebration is now over, we had it at Perkins after we were turned away from the Villages "Cattle Baron Club."
Old 12-20-2006, 04:09 PM

Glad to hear that the Cattle Baron was apologetic, I have always liked the facility and want to continue to do so!
Old 12-31-2006, 11:43 PM

??? Makes me wonder why the "NEW" Hostess thought the Cattle Barons Club would not serve Desert unless you ordered a meal.

I think this NEW gets over-used and for some reason NEW takes the blame for a lot of things, including improper training. ;D
Old 01-01-2007, 07:33 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky
??? Makes me wonder why the "NEW" Hostess thought the Cattle Barons Club would not serve Desert unless you ordered a meal.

I think this NEW gets over-used and for some reason NEW takes the blame for a lot of things, including improper training. ;D
\

You are absolutely 100% correct. You hit the nail right smack on the head.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.