Non-Alcoholic Beer

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2021, 07:35 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV

I agree with St. Pauli Girl or Becks because I like the slightly bitterness from the hops. Haven't tried Heineken Zero but I expect I'll like it.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Non-alcoholic beer, decaf coffee, nonfat cheese, vegetarian meat. To me, it's all fake food.
Seems like your definition of "real food" is anything that increases your chance of cancer, heart disease and diabetes.

No wonder that the USA is the most obese and diseased population in the history of mankind.

Does alcohol cause cancer? | MD Anderson Cancer Center

How does drinking alcohol increase a person’s cancer risk?

There are many ways in which alcohol can increase a person’s risk of cancer:

The ethanol in alcoholic drinks breaks down to acetaldehyde, a known carcinogen. This compound damages DNA and stops our cells from repairing the damage. This can allow cancerous cells to grow.
Alcohol can affect levels of hormones like estrogen. These hormones act as messengers that tell our cells to grow and divide. The more cells divide, the more chances there are for something to go wrong and for cancer to develop.
Alcohol makes the body less able to break down and absorb several important nutrients such as vitamins A, C, D, E, and folate. These nutrients help protect the body against cancer.
Alcohol provides empty calories. Consuming extra calories can lead to weight gain, which can increase a person’s cancer risk.
Old 06-13-2021, 07:45 AM

Kind of defeats the purpose, wouldn't you say? I tried O'Douhl's ONCE.......just once. There is a reason
Old 06-13-2021, 07:55 AM

Diabetics we know swear that coors edge is the best tasting n/a around< hard to get but total wine will sell to you by the case

http://www.cmapgurley.home.comcast.net
Old 06-13-2021, 08:05 AM

I drink it often with a double shot of rum.
Old 06-13-2021, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
I'd say my favorite non alcoholic beer is Dad's although A & W is ok too, and Barq's
Stewart’s
Old 06-13-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Who drinks beer for the taste?
Old 06-13-2021, 08:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Who drinks beer for the taste?
Me. Alcohol puts me to sleep and I will get nothing done for the rest of the day. There is nothing more refreshing than a Coors Edge after a run.

When I do drink alcohol it has to be at the end of the day which is not very often.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:14 AM

I like my beer really, really cold. I tried a O'Doul's years ago, but without the alcohol to lower the temperature enough, it was just not the same. I have been drinking Coors Light ( don't shame me) with the mountain on the can that changes color when the beer is cold enough. Otherwise, like some Hawaiians I know, I have to add ice.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithos View Post
Me. Alcohol puts me to sleep and I will get nothing done for the rest of the day. There is nothing more refreshing than a Coors Edge after a run.

When I do drink alcohol it has to be at the end of the day which is not very often.
100 men will test today——-but only 3 will make Green Berets——- l’d you’re probably 1 out do 100
Old 06-13-2021, 09:15 AM

NA beer has come a long way and people who only tried them initially may be missing out and may want to give them another swig or two. If you like Bud, Brooklyn Special Effects may be good. For a lager, some have mentioned Heineken; has anyone tried Gruvi? A very good brew.

A lot has been done to make NAs appealing. I’ve gotten into vegetarian food some more and found that seasoning can be a very big factor and can make food come alive. But you need a good restaurant with experienced veggie chef. No pun intended but perhaps food for a different thread.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undertaker View Post
Non-alcoholic beers have been growing in popularity. I am interested in knowing if some folks have tried some and have ones that they particularly like. I’d be interested in knowing why you may like a particular beer; it’s taste that you could describe perhaps. Thank you.
In order of preference. O’Douls (amber w/red label), O’Douls (green), Clausthaler & St. Pauli N/A. Latter two are more expensive German origin beers but nice to mix it up occasionally.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Non-alcoholic beers have been growing in popularity. I am interested in knowing if some folks have tried some and have ones that they particularly like. I’d be interested in knowing why you may like a particular beer; it’s taste that you could describe perhaps. Thank you.
I’m not a Non-Alcoholism beer drinker but, if I do drink this stuff. If I start out with it I’ll stay with it because to go back to Bud Light after drinking non-alcohol beer does go go well together. Any of them are OK because some places only have 1 kind because they can’t sell it fast enough to keep several in their coolers!
Old 06-13-2021, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Brings to mind “The Quiet Man” and Fitzgerald’s response, “if I want to drink water, I’ll drink water, if I want to drink whisky, I’ll drink whisky.”, or the joke of the leading brewers gathered in Europe for a trade meeting and mr Coors orders a cours lite and mr Busch orders a michelobe lite and when asked the head of Gueness, says no one else is drinking beer, I’ll have a Diet Coke...(sp).
Old 06-13-2021, 12:34 PM

On the label of Heineken zero is the restriction to those 18 or over. Odd. Why do you think that is?
Closed Thread

Tags
non-alcoholic, interested, knowing, describe, taste

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.