Nothing Bundt Cakes.

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-30-2021, 09:56 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,473
Thanks: 4,726
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,186 Posts
Default Nothing Bundt Cakes.

About Nothing Bundt Cakes Frosting, Bundt Cakes and Beginnings

Would love to get your opinion on what their Nothing Bundt Cakes are like when they open up in Lady Lake. The Villages Daily Sun had a October 2, 2021 opening estimated today in their Construction Coverage.
  #2  
Old 09-30-2021, 11:11 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,473
Thanks: 4,726
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,186 Posts
Default

This is next to the Rock and Wash Laundromat ROCK & WASH - Laundromat - 982 Bichara Blvd, Lady Lake, FL - Phone Number

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
About Nothing Bundt Cakes Frosting, Bundt Cakes and Beginnings

Would love to get your opinion on what their Nothing Bundt Cakes are like when they open up in Lady Lake. The Villages Daily Sun had a October 2, 2021 opening estimated today in their Construction Coverage.
  #3  
Old 09-30-2021, 11:13 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,473
Thanks: 4,726
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,186 Posts
Default

Nothing Bundt Cake


988 Bichara Blvd

Lady Lake, FL 32159
  #4  
Old 09-30-2021, 11:17 AM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,562
Thanks: 4,218
Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,822 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Nothing Bundt Cake


988 Bichara Blvd

Lady Lake, FL 32159
Heh you know you can edit your posts, you don't have to post one tidbit and then a whole new post to add another tidbit about the same thing.

Meanwhile - I'm looking forward to trying them! At $4.50 for a mini cake it's a bit over my budget for a regular treat (plus too many calories) but I'm always up for trying a new chocolate cake at least once!
  #5  
Old 09-30-2021, 11:47 AM
Taltarzac725's Avatar
Taltarzac725 Taltarzac725 is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 44,473
Thanks: 4,726
Thanked 1,771 Times in 1,186 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Heh you know you can edit your posts, you don't have to post one tidbit and then a whole new post to add another tidbit about the same thing.

Meanwhile - I'm looking forward to trying them! At $4.50 for a mini cake it's a bit over my budget for a regular treat (plus too many calories) but I'm always up for trying a new chocolate cake at least once!
I usually get up to the part of town at least once a week. So, I will give them a few tries.
  #6  
Old 09-30-2021, 12:28 PM
njbchbum's Avatar
njbchbum njbchbum is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!
Posts: 5,444
Thanks: 1,725
Thanked 461 Times in 152 Posts
Default

Their cakes are tasty but pricey. Raspberry/Lemon is one of my favorites! They also sell the cutest decorations for all sorts of events. We find them fun for special occasions; and their bogo free and free birthday offers are a bargain.
__________________
Not sure if I have free time...or if I just forgot everything I was supposed to do!

  #7  
Old 09-30-2021, 12:55 PM
cswett5234 cswett5234 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 15
Thanks: 115
Thanked 30 Times in 10 Posts
Default

(UNRELATED STORY...SORRY) When I was 7yrs old my Mom baked in a bundt pan for the first time, when she flipped it over only HALF of it came out, other half stuck in the pan...she cursed and threw the top part away....then (this is the best part) she poured me a large glass of milk and we sat on the kitchen table, forks in hand, and ate as much of the stuck-cake as we could, delicious!! It was warm from the oven, we ate it all before Dad came home (my sister was in school, think I was home sick).
  #8  
Old 09-30-2021, 01:21 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,850
Thanks: 6
Thanked 2,459 Times in 1,115 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
About Nothing Bundt Cakes Frosting, Bundt Cakes and Beginnings

Would love to get your opinion on what their Nothing Bundt Cakes are like when they open up in Lady Lake. The Villages Daily Sun had a October 2, 2021 opening estimated today in their Construction Coverage.
Nothing Bundt Cakes
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #9  
Old 09-30-2021, 03:45 PM
Skip's Avatar
Skip Skip is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,392
Thanks: 0
Thanked 133 Times in 73 Posts
Default

We were in Orlando not long ago, waiting for a restaurant to open for lunch at 11:30 AM. We stopped in one of their NBC stores and bought two Minis just to say we tried it. Had them that night for dessert at home. OK but nothing spectacular.

What was spectacular (besides the very high prices) was the parade of customers picking up BIG expensive cakes to take home or the office at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. In 30 minutes they probably sold 12 cakes.

Like many others (Hoeny Baked Ham comes to mind) it just might be a temporary fad.

Skip
  #10  
Old 09-30-2021, 04:39 PM
jimbomaybe jimbomaybe is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 127
Thanks: 123
Thanked 111 Times in 49 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Heh you know you can edit your posts, you don't have to post one tidbit and then a whole new post to add another tidbit about the same thing.

Meanwhile - I'm looking forward to trying them! At $4.50 for a mini cake it's a bit over my budget for a regular treat (plus too many calories) but I'm always up for trying a new chocolate cake at least once!
Hard to beat the recipe on the back of Hersey's Cocoa, I follow the recipe, but use Swans Down Cake flour, bake in Air Bake pans (double walled, edges don't dry out) , frosting 8oz cream cheese , 8oz mascarpone, tsp vanilla, powdered sugar to taste (very rich and as sweet as you like ) filling raspberry, cherry , what ever floats your boat
  #11  
Old 09-30-2021, 06:44 PM
Kelevision Kelevision is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2021
Posts: 209
Thanks: 1
Thanked 222 Times in 93 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
We were in Orlando not long ago, waiting for a restaurant to open for lunch at 11:30 AM. We stopped in one of their NBC stores and bought two Minis just to say we tried it. Had them that night for dessert at home. OK but nothing spectacular.

What was spectacular (besides the very high prices) was the parade of customers picking up BIG expensive cakes to take home or the office at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. In 30 minutes they probably sold 12 cakes.

Like many others (Hoeny Baked Ham comes to mind) it just might be a temporary fad.

Skip
They used to sell them at my local Whole Foods years ago. They’ve been around a while. I didn’t know they had actual bakeries. Or maybe they didn’t back then? But I’m not from Texas so they must have had a deal with certain stores to sell them. They carried different flavors of the minis and large ones too.
  #12  
Old 09-30-2021, 06:59 PM
Opengineer150 Opengineer150 is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: May 2021
Posts: 14
Thanks: 22
Thanked 36 Times in 9 Posts
Default

Just a over priced cup cake size bunt cake nothing special ..
  #13  
Old 09-30-2021, 07:53 PM
thelegges thelegges is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina /One Retired in Duval
Posts: 1,646
Thanks: 10
Thanked 1,008 Times in 334 Posts
Default

We gave them as gifts for a few years at Christmas, to friends. We stopped using them last Christmas, because there just wasn’t a wow factor.
I find them ok but nothing I can’t live without. Packaging is lot for the environment, but that’s individual products.
  #14  
Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,562
Thanks: 4,218
Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,822 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
We were in Orlando not long ago, waiting for a restaurant to open for lunch at 11:30 AM. We stopped in one of their NBC stores and bought two Minis just to say we tried it. Had them that night for dessert at home. OK but nothing spectacular.

What was spectacular (besides the very high prices) was the parade of customers picking up BIG expensive cakes to take home or the office at 11:30 AM on a Thursday. In 30 minutes they probably sold 12 cakes.

Like many others (Hoeny Baked Ham comes to mind) it just might be a temporary fad.

Skip
Honey Baked Ham is still pretty popular here, they do a brisk lunch business at the one on 441.
  #15  
Old 09-30-2021, 08:34 PM
OrangeBlossomBaby OrangeBlossomBaby is offline
Sage
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 5,562
Thanks: 4,218
Thanked 5,908 Times in 1,822 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbomaybe View Post
Hard to beat the recipe on the back of Hersey's Cocoa, I follow the recipe, but use Swans Down Cake flour, bake in Air Bake pans (double walled, edges don't dry out) , frosting 8oz cream cheese , 8oz mascarpone, tsp vanilla, powdered sugar to taste (very rich and as sweet as you like ) filling raspberry, cherry , what ever floats your boat
I don't own an electric mixer, so cakes are pretty much the only baked dessert I won't make from scratch. I do make amazing chocolate fudge frosting though. So I make a cake from a Dunkin Hines or Betty Crocker box (whichever's on sale). Both brands result in a devil's food cake that stands up well to the frosting. I make a layer cake with the stuff. If you've ever had an Entenmann's Filled Blackout Cake, it's sort of like that. But better.
Reply

Tags
bundt, cakes, lady, open, opinion

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29 PM.