Novelty of the Chop House

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2019, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Chop House

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I still want to try the restaurant, here is hoping the waiting lines will shrink as the novelty wears off. Have tried to eat there three times, each time we went the VkI for sushi instead because he wait line was way too long.
You can make a reservation on their website for up to 4. Five or more you need to call for a res.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
You can make a reservation on their website for up to 4. Five or more you need to call for a res.
Thanks for the information, I was not aware you could make a reservation. I wish all restaurants would allow reservations. I understand that some people never show up and it costs the restaurant valuable business. I would be in favor of requiring a deposit of something like $50 for two, $100 for four, etc..., to make a reservation. The deposit would be non-refundable if the party was a no show and did not cancel within a pre-determined time period. That should solve the no show problem.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Sage
Default Deposit for res

Quote:
Thanks for the information, I was not aware you could make a reservation. I wish all restaurants would allow reservations. I understand that some people never show up and it costs the restaurant valuable business. I would be in favor of requiring a deposit of something like $50 for two, $100 for four, etc..., to make a reservation. The deposit would be non-refundable if the party was a no show and did not cancel within a pre-determined time period. That should solve the no show problem.
I 100% agree with you! Additionally, you can make a reservation for BlueFin on their website.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
How are their burgers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess1980
Had burger there Friday. $13.70. Added cheese, .50 and grilled onions .50 so $14.70.

Good burger but nothing special. Can get same quality at multiple other establishments for half the price.

Friend had their "French dip". Not impressed. Not much meat and not comparable to France dip at City Fire.
Chop House at Lake Sumter is Open
Old 10-15-2019, 09:15 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

We have been there twice and enjoyed it both times. Price to value is just OK, (better options off campus) but am glad that the Villages finally has a decent place to eat that I can go to in a golf cart. Service was great both times. We will return.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

20 Posts and no negative comments......wow, what happened

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
I still want to try the restaurant, here is hoping the waiting lines will shrink as the novelty wears off. Have tried to eat there three times, each time we went the VkI for sushi instead because he wait line was way too long.
You can find all the restaurants in The Villages that take reservations on The Villages Gourmet Club website HERE.
Just pull down 3a to "In The Villages" and pull down 4a to "Has a Reservation Policy". Then hit "Search".
I use this all the time.
You may be surprised to find out that if you call just 1 hour prior to arriving, there may be an opening due to a last minute cancellation.
Skip
Old 10-16-2019, 10:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
You can find all the restaurants in The Villages that take reservations on The Villages Gourmet Club website HERE.
Just pull down 3a to "In The Villages" and pull down 4a to "Has a Reservation Policy". Then hit "Search".
I use this all the time.
You may be surprised to find out that if you call just 1 hour prior to arriving, there may be an opening due to a last minute cancellation.
Skip
Thanks, good information : )
Old 11-04-2019, 07:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneil View Post
Sad to find they are closed for Thanksgiving!
I just called The Chop House in LSL and was told they are open Thanksgiving Day. They will open at 11:00am but they are not sure what time they will be closing.

They are taking reservations for Thanksgiving Day.
Old 11-04-2019, 07:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
20 Posts and no negative comments......wow, what happened
Here I am. Chateaubriand, not too good. What do I know though? I'm a Culver's guy. It was so bad they get no second chance unless my wife wants to go. For me, I wouldn't go even if it was for free!
Old 11-04-2019, 07:50 PM
Sage
Default Culvers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Here I am. Chateaubriand, not too good. What do I know though? I'm a Culver's guy. It was so bad they get no second chance unless my wife wants to go. For me, I wouldn't go even if it was for free!
Culvers vs Chop House you are joking? We have eaten at Chop House a dozen times and the food and service have been excellent. Went to Culvers once and the food was inedible and will never ever go back.
Old 11-04-2019, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Who did you take when you ordered the Chateaubriand?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2019, 05:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Culvers vs Chop House you are joking? We have eaten at Chop House a dozen times and the food and service have been excellent. Went to Culvers once and the food was inedible and will never ever go back.
Of course, I'm joking, the place was nice and the waiter was fine just the meal was not so good. I was making a point about the meal is all.

I really, really didn't like the food! I suffered in silence as the gang with me was enjoying their meals. WHATAREYOUGONNADO?
Old 11-05-2019, 05:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Who did you take when you ordered the Chateaubriand?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
It just wasn't good. That was my point. I didn't go into a rave about how terrible it was. I try to be fair. Maybe it was just a bad piece of meat. No more for me. Never even told the wife cause she loved whatever she had. And of course I took my wifey!

They don't have Chateaubriand at Culvers or Wawa!
Old 11-05-2019, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
It just wasn't good. That was my point. I didn't go into a rave about how terrible it was. I try to be fair. Maybe it was just a bad piece of meat. No more for me. Never even told the wife cause she loved whatever she had. And of course I took my wifey!

They don't have Chateaubriand at Culvers or Wawa!
Chateaubriand is usually a meal for two anytime I have ever seen it on a restaurant menu. Is that the case at The Chop House? If yes, who shared the Chateaubriand with you?

Tags
novelty, house, chop, flyer, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.