Novelty of the Chop House

Closed Thread
Old 11-05-2019, 06:45 AM
Sage

Nucky-I know you're from NJ--Did you ever eat @Sammy's Ye Old Cider Mill, Mendham?--Went to their website the other day-reminded of what a GREAT restaurant entrees should look like--NO steaks in any Villages restaurants for me, too fish yes !!!
Old 11-05-2019, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Chateaubriand is usually a meal for two anytime I have ever seen it on a restaurant menu. Is that the case at The Chop House? If yes, who shared the Chateaubriand with you?
Nope, it was 4 pieces. I hid one of the pieces under the mashed potatoes I thought and that got pointed out by the waiter. I got shamed into finishing the last piece. The portion was for one person and the size of the portion was proper.
Old 11-05-2019, 09:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Nucky-I know you're from NJ--Did you ever eat @Sammy's Ye Old Cider Mill, Mendham?--Went to their website the other day-reminded of what a GREAT restaurant entrees should look like--NO steaks in any Villages restaurants for me, too fish yes !!!
Never made it past N.Y. Tea Garden in Morristown. I heard the Cider Mill was great though.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
How are their burgers?
Nothing to get excited about, pretty bland. The wife and I had a burger craving a couple weeks ago and we were in the area so figured why not try them out. Very disappointing and expensive. I've had much, much better burgers at Cheddars in Ocala.
Old 11-05-2019, 11:18 AM
Sage

Best burgers according to the Admiral & she's a burger aficionado----the new GLENVIEW--owned by the same team that owns Legacy,Havana and Red Sauce
Old 11-06-2019, 08:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Chateaubriand is usually a meal for two anytime I have ever seen it on a restaurant menu. Is that the case at The Chop House? If yes, who shared the Chateaubriand with you?
Been to the Chop House a couple of times and didn't see Chateaubriand on the menu.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Chateaubriand was added several weeks ago.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Been to the Chop House a couple of times and didn't see Chateaubriand on the menu.

Bring your glasses! I take back about being happy when the Cubs Won!

You caught me I lied, Fake News! Sorry.
Old 11-06-2019, 08:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It just wasn't good. That was my point. I didn't go into a rave about how terrible it was. I try to be fair. Maybe it was just a bad piece of meat. No more for me. Never even told the wife cause she loved whatever she had. And of course I took my wifey!

They don't have Chateaubriand at Culvers or Wawa!
Mrs. Town ordered the 5 0z. filet mignon and it was more of a remnant than a cut. Not good. The 9 oz. I had was delicious. The second time there we both had the 9 oz. Try that size next time; you'll be happy.

Old 11-06-2019, 08:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Mrs. Town ordered the 5 0z. filet mignon and it was more of a remnant than a cut. Not good. The 9 oz. I had was delicious. The second time there we both had the 9 oz. Try that size next time; you'll be happy.

Sorry, Chi. This one was One and Done! I get it. Lots of people like the place. That's great. I just gave my opinion and that's that. I'd go to The Finster every time instead!

Thanks for the tip though.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Sorry, Chi. This one was One and Done! I get it. Lots of people like the place. That's great. I just gave my opinion and that's that. I'd go to The Finster every time instead!

Thanks for the tip though.
It would have been one and done for me too if it wasn't for an anniversary get together. I'm going to give outside seating a try next time. Then we'll see.

Old 11-06-2019, 12:50 PM
Sage

Just don't get it, why villagers go out to eat steaks --you can get rib-eyes, tomahawk steaks & filets @ Sam's, yes they are prime--and if you have a grill you can beat the dickens out of any steak served in the villages for 1/4 the cost--if you haven't seen the meats that are available @ the prime section in Sam's you're missing something--its not rocket science to make a steak, tossed salad , baked potato, and open your own bottle of premium wine or liquor

We only go out to eat @ restaurants in TV for entrees that are beyond our skill or if, timing and convenience take precedence

By the way, just looked @ the Chop House menu,--it doesn't state that their filet mignons are Prime--all the Prime meats are list @ mkt price

IMHO , you're paying $$ to eat super mkt grade meat (choice)--maybe that's why Nucky hated it

Last edited by Chatbrat; 11-06-2019 at 01:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 02:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Just don't get it, why villagers go out to eat steaks --you can get rib-eyes, tomahawk steaks & filets @ Sam's, yes they are prime--and if you have a grill you can beat the dickens out of any steak served in the villages for 1/4 the cost--if you haven't seen the meats that are available @ the prime section in Sam's you're missing something--its not rocket science to make a steak, tossed salad , baked potato, and open your own bottle of premium wine or liquor

We only go out to eat @ restaurants in TV for entrees that are beyond our skill or if, timing and convenience take precedence

By the way, just looked @ the Chop House menu,--it doesn't state that their filet mignons are Prime--all the Prime meats are list @ mkt price

IMHO , you're paying $$ to eat super mkt grade meat (choice)--maybe that's why Nucky hated it
Yeah. It is amazing that so many villagers go out to eat steaks. It's not like people anywhere else do. It's incredible that beef-based restaurants anywhere in the country somehow get by.
Old 11-06-2019, 03:26 PM
Sage

Yeh, lots of people eat @ Burger King & their ilk, if they did their homework and saved their $$ they would have a good retirement--You are correct there are lots of beef based restaurants , most of them are restaurant grade beef, marinated in MSG to get the beef tender and tasty--I was alerted to this by a restaurant owner whose establishment I was building--he said," if you wake up in the middle of the night with a parched mouth & tongue, the steak you ate was drenched in salt & MSG"

I built a lot of restaurants in my career & learned a lot about the industry
Old 11-06-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yeah. It is amazing that so many villagers go out to eat steaks. It's not like people anywhere else do. It's incredible that beef-based restaurants anywhere in the country somehow get by.
Wouldn't say that anywhere else people don't go out to eat steaks. Visit Chicago, Dallas Ft.Worth, Las Vegas, Memphis, NYC, or Kansas City to name a few. steakhouse and steak eater destinations.

Closed Thread

Tags
novelty, house, chop, flyer, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.