Novelty of the Chop House

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Veteran member
Location: The Villages - Formerly Atlanta Endicott and Syracuse NY

Had my first experience with Turners last night .. Must say I enjoyed that way more than the Chop House. The short ride was worth it.
Old 01-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
We are going there tonight. Tomorrow is our 46th anniversary and the entree'was Chateaubriand at our wedding reception.. I will probably order it tonight.
Happy Anniversary! Enjoy your special night.
Old 01-06-2020, 06:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I still want to try the restaurant, here is hoping the waiting lines will shrink as the novelty wears off. Have tried to eat there three times, each time we went the VkI for sushi instead because he wait line was way too long.
Try reservations. The only way to go.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,279 Times in 2,480 Posts

Went to Chop House Saturday evening. Perfectly edible food, good service, and a nice server.
Wife had the Pork medalions, which were very good.
I had lamb shank, which was cooked nicely, but to my mind was mutton, as apposed to lamb.
Nothing to complain about, and better than most restaurants in TV.
Over priced? Yes.
Would we go again? Only if out of food at home.
JMO.

Last edited by Two Bills; 01-20-2020 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Spelling ........as usual!
Old 01-21-2020, 08:39 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Smile Can't Make It Up

We have been wanting to dine at Chops and finally made it a few days ago. The setting was fine as sat outside and it was great weather. I ordered the "short ribs" and they were very good. On a regular basis I order the Bob Evans Pot Roast dinner to go. To compare the Chops Short Rib dinner and Bob Evens Pot Roast was interesting. Start with they both tasted the same. To compare the rest: Chops= larger pieces of meat, Bob Evans about the same volume,Bob Evans mashed potatoes were better, chops was with roasted mushrooms, Bob Evans with green beans. The waiter at Chops had a "mild" attitude, BE not relevant. Price: Chops twice the price at Bob Evans. We would definitely go back to Chops but thought it was interesting as both main item of the meal (Meat) tasted the same.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:01 AM

Went once with visiting relatives for special occasion. Ordered prime? Ribeyes. What we got for $48 each couldn’t have been prime. Wife and I didn’t complain at the time because we didn’t want to make a scene in front of guests and weren’t sure if it was just us who weren’t pleased. However when we got home and inquired how they liked the new steakhouse found out they were surprised at the quality of the meat too. If it was only my wife and I we would have asked to speak to a manager.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:48 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
We have been wanting to dine at Chops and finally made it a few days ago. The setting was fine as sat outside and it was great weather. I ordered the "short ribs" and they were very good. On a regular basis I order the Bob Evans Pot Roast dinner to go. To compare the Chops Short Rib dinner and Bob Evens Pot Roast was interesting. Start with they both tasted the same. To compare the rest: Chops= larger pieces of meat, Bob Evans about the same volume,Bob Evans mashed potatoes were better, chops was with roasted mushrooms, Bob Evans with green beans. The waiter at Chops had a "mild" attitude, BE not relevant. Price: Chops twice the price at Bob Evans. We would definitely go back to Chops but thought it was interesting as both main item of the meal (Meat) tasted the same.
I had the "short ribs" last night. Was advised ahead of time that they were "medallions" not bone-in ribs, but I tried them anyway. Tasted good, but were more like thick slices of pot roast. Experiment over, will try something else next time.
Old 01-22-2020, 01:10 PM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Turners trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by valuemkt View Post
Had my first experience with Turners last night .. Must say I enjoyed that way more than the Chop House. The short ride was worth it.
Did they seat you right away when you arrived? Many patrons complain they tell you to "Go to the bar and we'll call you when your table is ready". But the restaurant is empty and the servers are standing around with nothing to do. Irritates me.

Skip
Old 01-23-2020, 12:45 PM
Sage

Went to The Chop House for two friends birthdays. We went early to have some drinks and were seated in a timely fashion because we had an early dinner appointment..

We all enjoyed our meals. My 5 oz filet was cooked to perfection, The sauteed mushrooms was a great side dish and the mash was good. All in all, a good meal for the money. IMHO

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-26-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Bummer.............Lunch yesterday with less than lovely results.

Veggie Flatbread came out doughy. The crust was no where done.

2nd meal at the table: Ordered burger medium-well to well. Came out medium rare.

Meals #3 & #4 were fine.

Question: What's happening with the water way there?? Noisy generator running and the water wheel was removed.
Old 01-26-2020, 10:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Bummer.............Lunch yesterday with less than lovely results.

Veggie Flatbread came out doughy. The crust was no where done.

2nd meal at the table: Ordered burger medium-well to well. Came out medium rare.

Meals #3 & #4 were fine.

Question: What's happening with the water way there?? Noisy generator running and the water wheel was removed.

I think I read where a bigger water wheel is on the way.
Closed Thread

Tags
novelty, house, chop, flyer, restaurant

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.