Observation on restaurants in Brownwood

Closed Thread
Old 06-27-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17362 View Post
Huh? I read an article that said they were filing bankruptcy... so are they bankrupt or not?
Toojay's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. They have 28 restaurants and are $33 million in debt. They can stay in business for now, but I wouldn't bet on their future.
Old 06-27-2020, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17362 View Post
Huh? I read an article that said they were filing bankruptcy... so are they bankrupt or not?
They did file but hopefully will be able to work their way out and stay in business
Old 06-27-2020, 07:56 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobh521 View Post
I disagree. Blue Fin has continuously followed the guidelines. I was there yesterday and there were no bar stools around the bar. The same with City Fire. Everytime they received guidance from the State, they have followed the guidance. I am so glad that you have time to ride around and bash establishments in our community without knowing all of the facts

BF outside bar was packed, no distancing......side by side.

Not bashing, sharing observed facts.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I have issues with the establishments which permit violation of the CDC guidelines. If their employees and patrons all got sick and suffered the terrible consequences, no big deal...except to them. But when they all leave and infect other unsuspecting people, spreading the virus by multiples, their actions become intolerable.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

In my opinion, dining in a restaurant is a completely unnecessary activity, and one of the most likely places to encounter someone with the virus. So, I have been staying away from restaurants, except for occasional takeout and delivery.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:30 AM
Default Going to Restaurants

At this point I asked myself how much time and at what point do I decide to live life normally again. 60,000 people a year die of the regular flu each year. Last weekend 104 people were shot and 17 killed in Chicago. My point being you have to weigh quality of life. The fact is 90 percent of people who get Carina Virus have minor symptoms and another 7 percent recover but need medical assistance. 3 percent die from it. Most of them had serious medical issues. For me I elect to go on with life as normal. I’ll take my chances.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

One place that hurt TooJays at Brownwood was McAlister's Deli. When times are normal and I'm going to MVP Gym 3 or 4 days a week, I eat at McAlisters about once a week. That place will get packed for lunch, lines out to the door and that's with 3 or 4 cashiers taking orders.

The Villages Florida

Restaurants Near The Villages, FL | McAlister's Deli
Old 06-27-2020, 09:35 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Fines will belevied and businesses shut down if social distancing isnt enforced. If a business isnt complying, them dont go there. Simple enough. Theres hundreds of restaurants around. I doubt youll starve
As a former restaurant owner it was a minor detail that I needed to comply with in order to sell milk and dairy products I heeded a special license.

In order to sell food I needed another license.

In order to sell beer and wine I needed yet another license.

If I were to found into be in violation of the license parameters they had the right to revoke those licences.

The answer is that establishments must be responsible to enforce the guidelines. If found in violation of any recommendations, the authorities that issue those licenses have the right to revoke them and the business would be forced to close.

Some responsible owners will follow the guidelines others won't. I will only support the ones that adhere to guidelines because at least they're trying to find a way to survive this pandemic, responsibly.

I'm not not 21 anymore and don't find a need to be shoulder to shoulder having a drink and socializing with my friends.

Last edited by Michael Charles; 06-27-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
I'm not not 21 anymore and don't find a need to be shoulder to shoulder having a drink and socializing with my friends.
I don't go to country club bars myself, so I had no idea. About 9 months ago a fellow in my group had a hole-in-one at Mallory, so he wanted to buy us all a drink. We play on Fridays, that might make a difference. We went into the Mallory CC Lounge/Bar about 5pm on a Friday and it was 3 or 4 people deep all the way around the bar. We said forget it, and instead the following week we played just nine holes and finished about 3:00 and went in Evans Prairie Lounge, big difference, there was maybe 3 or 4 people there besides us, a seat at he bar was no problem. That Mallory bar has a real gold mine.
Old 06-27-2020, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
BF outside bar was packed, no distancing......side by side.

Not bashing, sharing observed facts.
When were you there yesterday? I was there with two others at 5:30. The outside bar was open but no chairs along bar. The bartender was preparing drinks for those seated at the high top tables to the left of the bar near the main entrance. If you were seated there and wanted a drink you needed to go to the bar and place your order. So you either were there before the new order took effect or before.
Old 06-27-2020, 11:14 AM
Location: Cherry Hill, NJ to Villages (Pennecamp) in December 2010.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
Ive noticed that in the beginning if COVID-19 Blue Fin and other “Fred” restaurants were leading in social distancing. Now they appear to be the worse and seem to be the only ones not spacing bar stools apart from each other outside. City fire, World of Beer, Gators Dockside and Riccardis all have social distancing in place. What happened Fred?
You know the answer. Why waste your time putting this question out there?
Old 06-27-2020, 12:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
One place that hurt TooJays at Brownwood was McAlister's Deli. When times are normal and I'm going to MVP Gym 3 or 4 days a week, I eat at McAlisters about once a week. That place will get packed for lunch, lines out to the door and that's with 3 or 4 cashiers taking orders.

The Villages Florida

Restaurants Near The Villages, FL | McAlister's Deli
Been quite awhile since we frequented a McAllister so will give it a try after this is over.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Charles View Post
As a former restaurant owner it was a minor detail that I needed to comply with in order to sell milk and dairy products I heeded a special license.

In order to sell food I heeded another license.

In order to sell beer and wine I needed yet another license.

If I were to found into be in violation of the license parameters they had the right to revoke those licences.

The answer is that establishments must be responsible to enforce the guidelines. If found in violation of any recommendations, the authorities that issue those licenses have the right to revoke them and the business would be forced to close.

Some responsible owners will follow the guidelines others won't. I will only support the ones that adhere to guidelines because at least they're trying to find a way to survive this pandemic, responsibly.

The various depts of the govt sure like to justify their existence by issuing rules. Is there any reason one dept of govt cannot be responsible to regulate restaurants?

I own a small importing business and over the years cannot believe the different depts of state and federal govt I had to deal with. Not to mention the costs involved in doing so.
Old 06-27-2020, 12:30 PM
Default This is not just about you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown View Post
At this point I asked myself how much time and at what point do I decide to live life normally again. 60,000 people a year die of the regular flu each year. Last weekend 104 people were shot and 17 killed in Chicago. My point being you have to weigh quality of life. The fact is 90 percent of people who get Carina Virus have minor symptoms and another 7 percent recover but need medical assistance. 3 percent die from it. Most of them had serious medical issues. For me I elect to go on with life as normal. I’ll take my chances.
With you self-centered view of the pandemic, you are not just going to “...take my chances.” You are gambling that you are not shedding a virus that can kill or sicken anyone you are near. Such actions of negligence are morally indefensible.
Old 06-27-2020, 02:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Been quite awhile since we frequented a McAllister so will give it a try after this is over.
We went about 3 weeks ago for lunch about 1:00 and there was maybe 4 people in the place. Sit anywhere you want.
Closed Thread

Tags
restaurants, distancing, social, fire, stools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.