Is it okay to leave a tip (money) on the table?

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2015, 06:51 PM
Sage

Do Doctors still scrub up before surgery?
Old 03-20-2015, 06:55 PM
Sage
Default Is it okay to leave a tip (money) on the table?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
The ones I know do. Can't speak for the others but I bet they do, and hopefully with more than water.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Sage

People who work in a kitchen or serve food, do they still have that bathroom sign that says "Employees Must Wash Hands"?
Or has it been revised "Employees Must Wash Hands with or without Soap."
Old 03-20-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
People who work in a kitchen or serve food, do they still have that bathroom sign that says "Employees Must Wash Hands"?

Tom - the last time I checked it was as we both remember. I wonder who thinks otherwise.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
The ones I know do. Can't speak for the others but I bet they do, and hopefully with more than water.
Quote:

I sure hope that doctors and food preparers wash their hands thoroughly and often with SOAP.
I personally think it is poppycock to fear soap and water.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why don't you answer her question instead of changing the subject? It would seem that your reluctance to buy your own computer trumps your concern about germs on public keyboards. This doesn't seem to square with your overall concern about germs.
Yes, why don't you have your own computer??? You certainly use one often enough to warrant owning one, as opposed to having to go out and use a public one.

And what about germs, bacteria and God knows what else that is found in these public places as well as on the keyboards.

Just what IS your response???
Old 03-21-2015, 07:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post

I sure hope that doctors and food preparers wash their hands thoroughly and often with SOAP.
I personally think it is poppycock to fear soap and water.
Bare - I wouldn't worry too much about docs. They have hand washing technique drilled into their heads 24/7. Many hospitals even have infection control practitioners following staff around to monitor hand washing technique.

Now food preparers are another issue altogether. I'm afraid I'm a bit OCD about them.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. I completely disagree with your last comment, but understand your opinion on the first.
Well, now I wonder where the proof is that one must always use soap, regardless of the situation. Do you have a link for that?

Also, you have said that the soaps in many public restrooms contain an anti-bacterial agent. How would you know that? Do you have a link for that?
Old 03-21-2015, 12:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Why don't you answer her question instead of changing the subject? It would seem that your reluctance to buy your own computer trumps your concern about germs on public keyboards. This doesn't seem to square with your overall concern about germs.
Evidently, you haven't bothered to read this whole thread in its totality. Otherwise, you would know what my position is on bacteria/germs.
Old 03-21-2015, 12:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Well, now I wonder where the proof is that one must always use soap, regardless of the situation. Do you have a link for that?

Also, you have said that the soaps in many public restrooms contain an anti-bacterial agent. How would you know that? Do you have a link for that?
Time for you to provide the links and studies. You're the one who stated it wasn't always necessary to wash with soap as I recall. Back that up please
Old 03-21-2015, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
There's a whole staff of assistants in the operating room. How about the person who hands instruments to the doctor?

The reason I ask is because I watched my hygienist put gloves on last time I went for a cleaning. She first touched many different items in the room, including her computer keyboard etc. Then when she was ready to get started, she pulled hard to get the gloves out of the box. In doing so, she put her hands all over the gloves before putting them on.

Is that the way operating room assistants do it in the operating room? How would we know? All it takes is one weak link in the chain.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
There's a whole staff of assistants in the operating room. How about the person who hands instruments to the doctor?

The reason I ask is because I watched my hygienist put gloves on last time I went for a cleaning. She first touched many different items in the room, including her computer keyboard etc. Then when she was ready to get started, she pulled hard to get the gloves out of the box. In doing so, she put her hands all over the gloves before putting them on.

Is that the way operating room assistants do it in the operating room? How would we know? All it takes is one weak link in the chain.
There are different reasons for gloves. In the case of an OR team, they wear gloves to maintain sterility and avoid/prevent patient infections. For most dental procedures the staff is not generally concerned about maintaining a sterile field. The gloves and face shields they wear are to protect them primarily from YOUR germs.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Just what IS your response???
I would never allow a dog to lounge on my sofa.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Many hospitals even have infection control practitioners following staff around to monitor hand washing technique.
Many? How many? Do you have a link for that?
Old 03-21-2015, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Many? How many? Do you have a link for that?
Sorry you feel the need to change the subject when it doesn't suit your need to respond to a question. Mother Earth doesn't qualify as a scientifically based journal or source.

And the answer to your question does not require a link - I know the answer from personal experience. That is personal, not anecdotal, experience having worked in healthcare for more than 40 years.

Now, about your theory that water alone is satisfactory for hand washing. I'd recommend that you look at the World Health Organization website, or the Cleveland Clinic or any number of other scientifically based sites.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.