Old Time Diner-Leesburg

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2021, 01:00 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts
Default Old Time Diner-Leesburg

Just had an Indiana pork tenderloin and fries here. The tenderloins are huge, as they should be, and they had those thin, crispy fries that I like.

$8.59, not including drink.

Very good.

1350 West North Blvd.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:04 AM
Veteran member

Went there for lunch more than a year ago, don't remember what I had but made a mental note not to return...maybe it's better now...
Old 04-08-2021, 08:31 AM
Veteran member

It’s not much to look at from the outside, but we thought the food was good and the service above average. The inside is interesting ala the diner in Happy Days.

The outside reminded me of a honky tonk, near Fairfax Va called The Hunters Lodge. Basically a beer joint with a nice dance floor. If the outside of the building didn’t give you pause to reconsider, the signs warning of No guns, No knives, No colors over the front door might. We approached the window to pay our cover charge and the guy behind the window asked if we had reservations. My reply was, Yes, we did but we decided to come in anyway. The tables were saw horses with thin sheets of plywood, the waitresses carried your beer not on a tray but like you might carry a baby. We had a great time. We heard shortly after that, the place had burned to the ground.

Tags
fries, $8.59, including, thin, drink

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.