Olive Garden

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2017, 09:11 AM
Default Olive Garden

Went to Olive Garden yesterday and we had bad meals. Normally it is always great food, but not this time. Anybody else have this experience lately. If this was not out of the ordinary, I will not go back.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We go to Olive Garden about once a month and usually have lasagne, which theirs is so good it's like eating candy, or spaghetti with meat sauce. We're pretty simple when it comes to eating, no appetizers and no desserts. I should of ordered the lasagne but we both had the spaghetti and meat sauce and it was terrible. I think they had way too much oil on the spaghetti and the meat didn't taste right. The salads and bread were good as usual. This was the week after the hurricane, so I asked the waitress if they lost power and she said yes. I asked if they threw out a lot of spoiled food, and she said yes.

This week we went to Giovannis, which is the best deal out there. At lunch spaghetti with meat sauce and italian salad and bread with garlic is only $6.75. We don't go there because of the price but because it really good. Some Villagers could probably eat two of the lunches, but it's just the right size for us without over-eating. This week it was very good as usual. They also have good pizza, which we've eaten a few times and subs, which I have not tried. For those who don't know Giovanni's, it in the Southern Trace Shopping Center on 466 just west of Bob Evans on the north side of the street. There is a Publix in the middle and an Ace Hardware on the end and a Edwin Watts Golf Shop in the parking lot.

Giovanni's is simple and good, but not shiny and new.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 09-23-2017, 10:08 AM
Gold member

OP did not mention what was bad about meal, what was ordered, and did he/she speak to manager about it? It has been my experience if something is wrong with meal, they usually do what they can to make customer happy.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:06 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowBubba View Post
Went to Olive Garden yesterday and we had bad meals. Normally it is always great food, but not this time. Anybody else have this experience lately. If this was not out of the ordinary, I will not go back.
So what was bad about it ?
Old 09-23-2017, 06:22 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I know they're still having some issues with what is being shipped to them after Irma. Was talking to the manager last Monday and she told me that a lot of the stored food at their shipping center was thrown away out of a sense of precaution. Several of their regular suppliers were affected by Irma, which meant they had to buy from whomever had their products. This resulted in issues for the restaurants. Hopefully, their quality will come back soon.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 09-23-2017, 06:39 PM
Sage

We love it there especially for lunch!
Old 09-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowBubba View Post
You say "Normally it is always great food". Did you ever post a positive review for them?

Seems kind of unfair to have one vague undescribed experience with so many good ones to go online and say you may never go back.
Old 09-23-2017, 08:15 PM
Platinum member

Last edited by Fraugoofy; 10-12-2017 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
I don't really care for any Olive Garden, no matter where it is located. The food tastes processed to me and not made from scratch. I am grateful there are many other restaurant choices out there. Lately I have really enjoyed PDQ Chicken!
The good thing about PDQ is that their food is never greasy, always freshly made and they are consistent in their preparation of food.

They get my vote!
Old 09-24-2017, 04:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

Where is PDQ located??
Old 09-24-2017, 05:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker Dog View Post
Where is PDQ located??
It's an out parcel on 466A in the Colony Plaza next to McDonalds.

Their fried chicken tenders are great and their chicken salad (a salad with chicken) with their homemade blueberry dressing is wonderful.

Try it!

Tags
olive, garden, experience, back, ordinary

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.