Ollie's Frozen Custard

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 04:59 AM

Good for you , I wish more people would do that . Instead of being confrontational.
Old 05-18-2020, 05:05 AM
Veteran member

Masks are not required. Can we let this go already?
Old 05-18-2020, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
Why should I not go?
Duh! Maybe the next step could be the hospital?
Old 05-18-2020, 05:37 AM

Florida restaurants fall under the Department of Business and Professional Regulation. You can find the mandatory requirements online.

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr...estaurants.pdf
Old 05-18-2020, 05:48 AM
Default Let’s never go there again.

What arrogance! Some businesses just don’t care about our age group. This is a horrible
sickness that can KILL you, it is not a joke. Plus, you can’t even get a test unless you are practically dead. You have to be safe.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
The OP lost credibility IMO when she confronted the store personnel about not wearing a mask and then made a purchase anyway.

And this is a forum, the purpose of which is to allow people to comment on issues. You don't get to pick and choose who can comment.
Heard a similar criticism of Scooples , a few days ago. If I walked into and ice cream store and the server had no mask, I would walk out. If I didn't , I would be abetting the "crime"
Old 05-18-2020, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini_T View Post
I'm just curious how do you eat your frozen custard with a mask on?
Simple just put the custard in the sun for a few minutes then sip it through a straw,

It's still cold taste great.

I always carry a few straws in my car ya just never know when your need one.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:25 AM

The owner and co-worker executed their rights, no law was broken. If you, CFrance do not feel comfortable because the girl didn't have a mask on, don't go in but do not condemn the business or those you do not think that the masks are necessary at this time. Personally I think the gloves/masks are dirty. I would much rather see a server wash their hands on front of me like Subway employees do..
Old 05-18-2020, 06:30 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmaiden View Post
My husband and I are trying to support local business in a responsible way by wearing masks and following CDC guidelines. Last night we stopped by Ollies Frozen Custard but when we entered, the server was not wearing a mask. When questioned about this, she just shrugged and indicated she didn't have to. We made our purchase and left. Today I spoke with a co-owner who rudely informed me that there is not indication from the state that they HAVE to require their employees to wear a mask. When I pointed out that businesses around TV are having their employees masked, she said that was fine but she doesn't HAVE to make that a requirement and won't. When I pointed out that this was in total disrespect for her paying customers, she indicated that she didn't care. After 22 years of spending money in her store, it won't happen again! Just wanted to let people who are trying to be responsible in these times, Ollies is not respecting you. For people who are not following the CDC guidelines, don't bother commenting because, frankly, I don't care. This is just a warning for those of us who care for others.
Mask paranoia abounds. And many epidemiologists and other doctors have said they do very little or no good. That their value is mostly psychological.I’m heading to Ollie’s!
Old 05-18-2020, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough View Post
What arrogance! Some businesses just don’t care about our age group. This is a horrible
sickness that can KILL you, it is not a joke. Plus, you can’t even get a test unless you are practically dead. You have to be safe.
Maybe because there are actually some people (businesses) that realize that 99% of the masks that you see out there are worthless and do next to nothing. in fact some doctors have said that they actually cause more problems!
If your that paranoid stay home.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack View Post
The owner and co-worker executed their rights, no law was broken. If you, CFrance do not feel comfortable because the girl didn't have a mask on, don't go in but do not condemn the business or those you do not think that the masks are necessary at this time. Personally I think the gloves/masks are dirty. I would much rather see a server wash their hands on front of me like Subway employees do..
Thank you! It’s nice to see a commonsense post out here every now and then. I also believe that the gloves and the masks look worn and dirty. I would rather just see a clean employee.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Are restaurant workers required to wear masks?
They do if they want my business. Stores also need to require customers to wear “curtesy masks” if they want to do business with me.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:48 AM
Default Lighthouse restaurant not wearing masks.

I walk in the AM and noticed that The Lighthouse restaurant is now serving breakfast. They were using their veranda and set up tables on the boardwalk by the water. They were spaced nicely and I thought it was a good idea. The staff were wearing masks so, I took a menu. I walked by a few days later, and the staff was NOT wearing masks. I asked the outdoor hostess and waitresses why and they replied that their boss said, “If they didn’t feel sick, not to wear one.” I explained that they were putting themselves at risk along with others and they just giggled. I told them I had NO intention of dining there.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:59 AM

I will now eat their custard 4 times a day to support them.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 AM

I totally agree. My ability to go back out to live life in these times depends on feeling safe and I cannot feel safe if masks are not worn. People seem to forget that my mask protects them and their mask protects me. All this “freedom “ stuff is nonsense. We need to protect each other out of love and kindness. The motto should be “ we, ourselves and us” not me myself and I. I will not be going to Ollies.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, ollies, cdc, people, frozen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.