Ollie's Frozen Custard

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2020, 07:04 AM

Good for you. Culver's is better and they are following all guidelines and are always very pleasant. Don't go anyplace that isn't respectful!
Old 05-18-2020, 07:08 AM

After two months of not eating out at all, I stopped by Orange Blossom Cafe (in Fenney Rec Center) for an iced coffee. The employee, although very nice, was not wearing a mask. I was so disappointed and left. PLEASE, if you operate a food establishment, reward your employees who wear a mask (notice I didn’t say ‘mandate’). It’s for the protection of all of us. BTW - I won’t go back to the Cafe and I won’t eat at any place where employees aren’t wearing masks.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:15 AM

It’s so nice to hear from someone who is taking the virus serious. We will not go there! Thanks
Old 05-18-2020, 07:25 AM

Very well said. My husband and I refuse to EAT in a restaurant (definitely won't go to Ollie's...I understand u took out). We do more take out now more than usual to support the businesses. We wear our masks, I social distance and if I see someone with w/out a mask I will make purposeful move away from the person. People in TV are ignoring CDC guidelines.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:37 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
Maybe because there are actually some people (businesses) that realize that 99% of the masks that you see out there are worthless and do next to nothing. in fact some doctors have said that they actually cause more problems!
If your that paranoid stay home.
Good advice, because if someone drives a car to a non-mask wearing business, they have a better chance of death from a car accident than they do from COVID at the business.

The top 10 leading causes of death in the United States

Unintentional injuries
Deaths in 2017: 169,936
Percentage of total deaths: 6%
Accidents, or unintentional injuries, are the 4th leading cause of death in the U.S. overall, and the leading cause of death for those aged 1–44.

Possible prevention measures
Accidents are unintentional and usually unavoidable. However, there are many ways to reduce the risk of accidental injury and death.

Some key components of accident prevention include focusing on road and workplace safety, such as using a seatbelt and never driving or operating heavy machinery while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Old 05-18-2020, 07:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,772 Times in 512 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts12755 View Post
Trouble maker... I won't go to a restaurant where employees are wearing masks. It makes me feel like I'm there to spend money and these people are sick and diseased. Just take their temperature. Troublemakers should stay home
Old 05-18-2020, 07:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

Masks are not mandated. We will survive this like we have every other virus and life has to get back to normal and that includes not wearing masks. But if you do not go out and buy stuff, any stuff, do not look for these places to exist in the future because they will not be able to economically survive. When you go out looking for services, including ice cream, they may not be there to serve it.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:17 AM

Where is Ollies, I love frozen custard??
Old 05-18-2020, 08:29 AM
Veteran member

Reading this forum, I can't believe how many people "drank the Kool-Aid".

BTW, when the banks open up for inside business, will these same people walk in wearing a mask?
Old 05-18-2020, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Maybe because there are actually some people (businesses) that realize that 99% of the masks that you see out there are worthless and do next to nothing. in fact some doctors have said that they actually cause more problems!
Yes!!!! Especially the home made masks or those purchased that are made out of cotton or a synthetic. Wonder if the wearer washes the mask on a daily basis after use? Most likely not so the mask is loaded with microbes of all types .
Old 05-18-2020, 08:44 AM
Default Customer Respect and Satisfaction

There are a number of things that help make a business successful. Some things that come to mind are: Providing a product or service that consumers want; providing a product or service that is of high quality; providing a product or service that consumers feel provide value for the cost; and a high level of customer service and satisfaction. I’ve never been to Ollie’s and probably never will. Why? One reason is because I don’t think the owner is very bright. Let’s look at this logically. Let’s say half the population doesn’t buy the mask thing. They would go to this establishment whether or not the staff is or is not wearing masks. Now let’s look at the other half that believe masks have some benefit (whether they do or don’t). Well, Ollie’s attitude just turned them off. So, why doesn’t his staff wear masks? Let’s look at all the negatives to wearing a mask. I guess one is the intolerable discomfort. After all aren’t they nailed or screwed onto the face? Oh wait a minute, they are cost prohibited. Those cheap 10 cent masks which cost $1.00 now will break the bank. If he has 6 staff members I guess that $6.00 a day will bankrupt him. So apparently he’s willing to turn away potentially 50% of the consumer base because they “don’t have” to wear masks. Pretty stupid to me. I prefer to spend my money at places that “appear” to be concerned with my health, whether they really are or not. Places like Walmart, Publix and Costco are not required to wear masks yet they do. Why? Because it makes some of their customers feel more comfortable.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:49 AM

Unless you are talking about using a N-95 rated mask, wearing a cloth or surgical mask is equivalent to erecting a wire fence to keep the mosquitoes out of your yard. They are ineffective and are mostly a "feel good" solution.
Old 05-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Many of us are informed, not paranoid, and we ARE staying home.

Coronavirus and age: Why Covid-19 is so dangerous for older adults - Vox
Old 05-18-2020, 08:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
Guidelines. Not laws.
Sounds like the owner has a “bad attitude”. That said, although the mask isn’t legally mandated, it protects the customer not the employer. I’m with the OP on this one.
Old 05-18-2020, 09:04 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatmaiden View Post
My husband and I are trying to support local business in a responsible way by wearing masks and following CDC guidelines. Last night we stopped by Ollies Frozen Custard but when we entered, the server was not wearing a mask. When questioned about this, she just shrugged and indicated she didn't have to. We made our purchase and left. Today I spoke with a co-owner who rudely informed me that there is not indication from the state that they HAVE to require their employees to wear a mask. When I pointed out that businesses around TV are having their employees masked, she said that was fine but she doesn't HAVE to make that a requirement and won't. When I pointed out that this was in total disrespect for her paying customers, she indicated that she didn't care. After 22 years of spending money in her store, it won't happen again! Just wanted to let people who are trying to be responsible in these times, Ollies is not respecting you. For people who are not following the CDC guidelines, don't bother commenting because, frankly, I don't care. This is just a warning for those of us who care for others.
Never been but I'll be sure to support them now. So tired of all the people who complain about what others do or do not do.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, ollies, cdc, people, frozen

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.